Information: We've disabled invisionfree/tapatalk forums. www.aof-clan.com is the new home, reset your passwords

Rogue One

Willow
A Jedi Master of Posting
Willow
A Jedi Master of Posting

December 21st, 2016, 4:06 am #1

Well? What did yall think?

I enjoyed it, despite some dodgy CGI and a underwhelming score.

Vorus Both
A Jedi Knight of Posting

December 21st, 2016, 7:31 pm #2

It's too bad the music wasn't done by John Williams. I hope they rectify this in Episode 8.

Despite that, yeah the CGI wasn't so great but understandable that they wanted the characters to look the same given the limited screen time the two of them had anyway.

Other than that, I would say it's the most well written Star Wars movie since Empire. Definitely had the most well constructed ending.

Thumbs up from me!

IrishDragon
The IrishDragon of posting =P

December 22nd, 2016, 12:58 am #3

A great film.
[+] Spoiler
No forced love scenes.
Yes, score was underwhelming, but not an overall downer on the film.
CGI Leia was the most disturbing sight, aside from Tarkin (knowing full well the guy who originally played him is dead).
Watching X-wings bounce off the shield was a nice touch, and an interesting use of the hammerhead corvette.
Found it odd that Vader's star destroyer was so quick to destroy half the rebel fleet upon arrival.
Badass Vader was badass. Wouldn't mind seeing more of that from him.

Was left with a few questions like...
Did the two destroyers crashing into the planetary shield actually take it out or just heavily disrupt it?
Wouldn't the death star coming out of Hyperspeed so close to a planet not have severe gravitational consequences for the planet as well as the battle station?
Will we see a similar movie in the future that gives us a glimpse of roughly how many bothans died to bring us this information about the 2nd death star?

Verlathor
A Jedi Master of Posting
Verlathor
A Jedi Master of Posting

January 10th, 2017, 12:03 pm #4

Found it infinitely superior to The Force Awakens. Really enjoyed it. Now near the top of my favourite Star Wars movies along with Empire and Return of the Jedi. (Did anyone else get battle of Endor vibes when the rebel fleet warped in at the end? :D)