Information: We've disabled invisionfree/tapatalk forums. www.aof-clan.com is the new home, reset your passwords
IrishDragon
The IrishDragon of posting =P

August 18th, 2016, 7:14 am #11

Ok, I am about 7 days away from moving back to the US. And from there, I will be in my apartment August 30th, and shortly after that I will rebuild my desktop and start focusing on JKA.

I hope around that time, we can start getting together again on the weekends as a start, and build up from there.

IrishDragon

November 12th, 2016, 6:30 pm #12

Heading out today, on AoF's anniversary and my birthday, to find an acceptable tower and CPU cooler for my computer. I will then start building it and once I have everything running, I can start reconstruction of AoF.

I am sorry it has taken so long.

IrishDragon

November 12th, 2016, 11:45 pm #13

Ok, just dropped $185 on NewEgg for a new tower, CPU cooler, thermal paste, and Blu-ray burner. Will build my PC as soon as the products arrive here.

Savtrian
A forum Youngling

November 15th, 2016, 6:53 pm #14

IrishDragon wrote:Heading out today, on AoF's anniversary and my birthday, to find an acceptable tower and CPU cooler for my computer. I will then start building it and once I have everything running, I can start reconstruction of AoF.

I am sorry it has taken so long.
Awesome and Happy belated birthday, don't worry about taking long we can wait for our boss

Vorus Both
A Jedi Knight of Posting

November 18th, 2016, 6:07 pm #15

Is the plan to rebuild on JKA or are we going another route, SWTOR/something else?

IrishDragon

November 28th, 2016, 4:04 am #16

We can do both. A Star Wars gaming clan.
Of course JKA is our home, but we must be realistic and expect our players to be interested in other games, while also making sure we aren't too strict with new visitors to our server. Advertising our clan in other games, to bring more people into JKA.

That being said...

I've got my desktop built and updated. I'm not happy with my desk, but that is neither here nor there.
I went on to a server tonight, and rocked them.
Need to train a bit to get back to my old pwnage ways, but if tonight was any indication... the Dragon has landed.

Looking into a second monitor, and eventually a new GFX card, 8GB if I can afford it.

I'm in the EST now. So I will be available to game after 6:30PM EST mon-friday (except days when I play hockey)

Vorus Both
A Jedi Knight of Posting

November 30th, 2016, 3:43 pm #17

IrishDragon wrote:We can do both. A Star Wars gaming clan.
Of course JKA is our home, but we must be realistic and expect our players to be interested in other games, while also making sure we aren't too strict with new visitors to our server. Advertising our clan in other games, to bring more people into JKA.

That being said...

I've got my desktop built and updated. I'm not happy with my desk, but that is neither here nor there.
I went on to a server tonight, and rocked them.
Need to train a bit to get back to my old pwnage ways, but if tonight was any indication... the Dragon has landed.

Looking into a second monitor, and eventually a new GFX card, 8GB if I can afford it.

I'm in the EST now. So I will be available to game after 6:30PM EST mon-friday (except days when I play hockey)
Sounds good to me man.

I know Hawk is still steady playing Warframe; he has mentioned a rebuild on the clan there as well. I'm very interested in getting a SWTOR sub and running a clan division over there again. I've been talking to several of our current and past members and there's enough interest that I'm going to do it on my next payday.

And of course I'm always interested in JKA, and if you're serious about rebuilding our member base there and I don't have to do 95% of the work on my own (not that I'm not willing if I had the time, I just don't have the time) then you'll have lots of help from me on that front as well.

Also important info: last year in October I reached out to JAWA for help on the JKA front and they offered us a lot of help. Due to my current situation back then I ended up not being able to maintain a rebuild effort. However, I'm more than certain that if we reach out again we will get much of the same assistance that they offered to us previously.

Another game that I've been playing a lot recently (8 hours in the last week) is Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. This game seems to be a pretty good game for running a clan and if I can establish a division over there we might be able to make some friends and have a few clan matches. I'm still only rank 9 and you need to hit 16 before you are out of the low ranks, but there are a lot of fun players (of course you have to pick through the douchebags as well) that I think would enjoy being in a clan. And you never know, some of them may even enjoy JKA. While it isn't a Star Wars game I find it feels similar to me in how the combat mechanics work and on the duel servers there is a lot of chatter, much like when everyone is playing on a JKA server.

So to conclude, I think we have a lot of avenues to explore and if we're all on board I think we can get things running pretty smoothly here!

Savtrian
A forum Youngling

December 3rd, 2016, 12:40 am #18

We should also see about any good games we can start a clan in on consoles. Looking back and the PSN name tags we got a lot of next gen clan members that can play something interesting enough for them.

SiLink
A forum Youngling
SiLink
A forum Youngling

December 4th, 2016, 4:53 pm #19

Vorus Both wrote:Also important info: last year in October I reached out to JAWA for help on the JKA front and they offered us a lot of help. Due to my current situation back then I ended up not being able to maintain a rebuild effort. However, I'm more than certain that if we reach out again we will get much of the same assistance that they offered to us previously.
Always.

IrishDragon

December 4th, 2016, 9:35 pm #20

I'm interested in the rebuild as well as working in other games.

My time varies due to work, hockey and food shopping, but weekends are pretty open now, as are most nights of the week.

Any help I can get from members would be appreciated and necessary. Responsibilities would need to be delegated to those who can the tasks and themselves.

At which point I think we could call upon JAWA to reform the alliance and receive whatever further assistance we may require. I would like that we are able to stand up and work on these internal issues on our own before asking others to invest their time in us again.