History of the Angels of Fire

Want to know about our organization? Come on in and check out info on our members and our structure!:D

History of the Angels of Fire

IrishDragon
The IrishDragon of posting =P

August 9th, 2010, 9:41 am #1

Along time ago in a Galaxy far far away...

IrishDragon was a long standing member of a group called United Jedi. This group had a JKO division and a JKA division. The JKO division was the preferred group and the privileged group. IrishDragon had a great following within the JKA division whom asked him to step up and bring equality to the group regardless of the division. Higher ranking members were often only in the JKO division. Highest anyone from the JKA division could get was the division leader position.

A great political battle took place on the servers, on xfire, over MSN, on the forums until one day IrishDragon was banished from the group. Over the next several days 95% of the JKA division and the entire Siege team which IrishDragon had recruited left the United Jedi. Many of them looked to Irish and asked, "Will you create a new clan for us or are you done with JKA?"

IrishDragon took on the challenge of creating a clan from scratch.
The first thing the clan needed was a name:

This took quite a long time to come up with, but eventually IrishDragon settled on the name Angels of Fire. It gave the clan the flexibility to indulge in both the light and the dark as well as anywhere in between.

Next came the server. IrishDragon was familiar with the EscapedTurkey gaming host. Somewhat new on the market, and far cheaper than Mammoth Servers who dominated the market at the time, and I believe may have used desktop servers or Windows Server O/S. At $50 a server IrishDragon was quick to set up a Amazon and Paypal account to allow members to donate. To date, only one person donated aside from IrishDragon over $300.

Next came a ranking structure:

Angels of Fire was born November 12th, 2004:

IrishDragon

August 9th, 2010, 9:45 am #2

Note the pre-AoF orb symbol in the background.

IrishDragon

August 9th, 2010, 10:15 am #3

The good times lasted for about 4 months. The clan was active, the skill levels had risen even higher.

Dekota and his wife Agony were my 2nd and 3rd in commands at the time. Ianthegood was a member, as was Leahcim. There were many others, but the names escape me at the moment.

Dekota, Agony, and I got into a pretty large disagreement, over what, I no longer recall. Half the members followed them to another clan. Activity dropped off, and the siege team had created a siege clan. The clan was known as  <Aß>
I was known as <Aß>^ID or ID^. We took on several other siege clans, including whatever United Jedi managed to put together. We walked over all of them. UJ extended the Hoth bridge, but their AT-ST walker never set foot on it in the 20 minute round.

Around this time, IrishDragon began working a LOT more in his real life. AoF was alive, but slow.

It was around this time Bruticus joined the clan. He was provided a co-leader rank, it was still a 2nd in command deal, shared with by someone else as well, but that name escapes me. He spent his days recruiting members, while IrishDragon spent the days earning money to pay for the server.

IrishDragon had begun to lose interest in JKA as a whole due to constant infighting and general chaos. No one in the entire clan was attempting to step up and assist in bringing any order to the clan what-so-ever.

Enter Tar-Ancalime. A fresh faced, Jedi-minded, purple Twilek who wielded dual sabers. Upon meeting her, IrishDragon felt some what refreshed, and took her on as my personal Padawan. IrishDragon spent days/weeks/months beating Tar'Ancalime down and down. Her skill level increased 10 fold from what it had been the day she entered the server. Her mind was sharpened, and her resolve reinforced with every increase in rank I provided her.

After many long discussions together we felt it best to unify the clan under one set of Force powers, as the Light side and the Dark side divisions were constantly bumping heads verbally on the forums and on the servers.

The Light side won out as the group whom would now become the future of the Angels of Fire. The dark side division was, obviously, not happy about this transition. They had been given the opportunity to come and grow with the clan, some chose to, others left, some stayed on and attempted to cause issues, they were thus removed. Bruticus, Veramm, Blue-Emissary, etc...

A new ranking system and set of prestige class ranks were developed and approved based on the Kotor games. The Jedi codes were made a corner stone of the clan.

During this time Cruiser X developed the AoF orb as it is today.

DeathStrikeVirus purchased our website and webhost and turned them over to IrishDragon whom currently still maintains the www.aof-clan.com website.

Our Server host was made an honorary member of the clan:

Our forums were modified and updated to the current color scheme.

Silkroad Online was introduced to the clan:

IrishDragon would eventually meet his wife on Silkroad Online:

Members have since come and gone, and come back again. Each has left a different mark on the clan in their time here or are currently still making their mark.

AoF is a constantly evolving clan with people from all over the world sharing their points of view and coming together to enjoy the clan in what is still and fun and safe gaming environment.

If you wish to contribute to this story, please contact IrishDragon via PM.
Xfire: idirishdragon
msn: connecticutman18@hotmail.com
email: admin@aof-clan.com\