The Apprentice

November 30th, 2011, 5:54 pm #1

Jorris had had a long day. Sure, it was a good day, but it was a long one. Two girls, 1 digimon, and... two hims. Jorris didn't know who the old man was fooling, but he was definitely some version of himself. Jorris made a note to confront the guy sometime. But he disappeared as soon as he paid the check. The bastard.

Jorris was working intently on a new gadget that would allow Yuki to remain cold, but not make the others around her. So far, not much progress as being done. When Jorris put necklace device on an ice cube, the ice cube began to melt. Back to the drawing board.

Besides Jovi and Kiara, and his older self, Jorris had another thing to deal with. His partner. Colin had evolved into his rookie form, wormmon. Jorris had nearly cried. a lot of memories- good and bad, had returned to him. It pained Jorris that he barely spent a year with Colin before he died. he wanted to make it up, but equally wanted to stay in his lab, puttering with the machines. Maybe he needed some help, now that ChaosPiedmon was on his journey around the world.

November 30th, 2011, 6:02 pm #2

A knock soon came at the door, standing outside was a young adult with forest green eyes and shoulder length white hair. the male was about five feet tall and seven inches tall, he was slightly thin for his size but he did have some muscle mass so it wasn't like he could lift anything heavy. He was wearing a white t-shirt and black pants along with white Adidas sneakers. looking to the door the man sighed softly then down to his right hand which held a piece of paper with some writing on it. "I hope this is the place and some idiot didn't screw with us" he said softly.

A voice came from the male's side as a Gabumon looked up to his tamer and said with a hopeful smile "I'm sure it is, I mean who would build a place in the middle of no where?"

December 1st, 2011, 5:56 am #3

Jorris jumped at the sound of the knocking. He almost dropped the necklace onto his foot. That would have hurt immensely. Using gloves, Jorris placed his failed creation on the table. He took a moment to brush his hands through his hair in a misguided attempt to control it. He couldn't do anything about how pale his skin was after spending most of the day in the lab. He hoped he didn't look to ghostly to his guest, whoever that could be. As Jorris walked to the door, he threw his black trench coat and sunglasses on. In the dark lighting of the lab, Jorris looked almost like the grim reaper.

He opened the door to his lab, prepared for the pain the sun would cause him. He grumbled, but didn't complain. Jorris;s eyes wandered to the young man on his lab's doorstep once his eyes adjusted. The boy also had a digimon partner. A Gabumon.

"Hello, my name is Jorris. What can I help you with today? Data extraction? A rouge virus? A palette shift?" Jorris actually enjoyed the unchallenged tasks tamers brought to him. sure, he could spend his time doing more important things then digitally altering a digimon's claws so they could enter a beauty competition, but it still made him feel fulfilled. Jorris excitedly wondered what the boy and his gabumon would ask of him.

December 1st, 2011, 11:55 am #4

The boy took a deep breath as the door open and watched the male for a moment. Ok so he looks younger then what others lead me to believe. Opening his mouth he decided to talk “I've heard great things about you and I came searching in hopes of working under you” he said trying to pick his words and trying not to mess anything up then he added “I've made a few things myself and perhaps we could work together to better other's lives” his green eyes watched Jorris carefully seeing his pale skin indicated he hadn't gone out that often thought he quickly remembered one thing he left out “My name is Ziekku Chounouryoku and this is Aisu” he ended the last part looking down to his partner.

Aisu looked up to the professor and smiled with a nod “Hello, it is nice to meet you” he said softly watching Jorris carefully, he didn't quite trust the man but knowing his friend they would either be competing against each other or working under the same roof either way he would have been fine with it.

December 1st, 2011, 4:41 pm #5

Jorris cocked his head. The boy wanted to work for him? That would be interesting. True, he hadn't had an assistant since Chaos Piedmon, but he had gotten used to being alone. Jorris and Chaos basically built the house together - it would be quite hard to replace that bond. Still, Jorris had a lot more on his hands now that he had returned to being a tamer, and he couldn't be at the lab all the time. And he would be away for long periods of times during school.

And hearing the boy say he had also tinkered on his own little projects made the prospect brighter. Jorris was afraid that the boy would just be a curious guy who wanted to do random crazy science experiments. Okay, he'd give the boy a try.

"Well, Ziekku, Aisu, thank you for seeing me. As you probably know, I'm Jorris. I can introduce you to my digimon partner later. Come in, come n." Jorris led them into his laboratory, a medium-sized rectangle filled to the brim with gadgets and gizmos aplenty. "So, you want to help people, eh? That's noble. Why else do you want to join me?"

December 1st, 2011, 5:00 pm #6

Well he seems ok enough but is this really a good idea? Ziekku nodded as he stepped into the builing after being invited in. His green eyes looks around the area they were currently in as he heard the male's question. Why do I want to join? He then began explaining to him “Well As I said I have been making different things for people, someone saw a few things I have made and sent me here thinking I could learn a few things from you” He turned facing Jorris so he can give his full attention to him and was being as polite as Kelly was able to teach him. “I was also told about the situations that was going on in the digital world and wish to use my skills to do what I can to help others. And maybe find a way to help the digimons not have to lose so much power if any at all during the next attack.” He certainly has been well informed and had been thinking of ideas he could do to help. Ziekku was done talking for a moment as he waited for the man's response and was hoping he didn't come all this way for nothing.

Aisu walked in as well thanking Jorris for inviting them in though he remained quiet as he let the two humans talk about apprenticeship. He didn't want to interrupt so he looked around the place some from where he stood as he was deep in thought about something that Ziekku said to Jorris.

December 1st, 2011, 10:14 pm #7

Jorris stared at the boy for a few minutes. The boy seemed optimistic. He knew enough, but he had more to learn. He would do well. But Jorris still wasn't set on the idea of an apprentice. Not to mention, until business picked up, he would have very little money to share. But he may as well give the boy a chance. Without responding to the boy, Jorris ventured further into the lab. When he returned, he brought with him a crate of machine parts. It was filled with spare parts from the lab, almost any bit of piece that you could imagine. With a grunt, he put it down in front of the boy. He really needed to stop lugging these things round.

"Those are noble goals. But I hate to break it to you - digimon need to get tired. They're alive like you and me, and if they keep going they'll break down quicker. But we can do something to make them energized. I wonder... oh sorry. Anyway, if you could, I want to see you make something out of the parts in this crate. Hopefully you can find anything you need. If something's not there, ask."

It may have been an odd challenge, but it would give Jorris all the information he needed about the boy.

December 1st, 2011, 10:35 pm #8

Almost as soon as Jorris was done talking the boy quickly moved to the cart and began putting parts together. It was almost like he had a blue print he was following in his head. His green orbs were almost in a trance as he moved his hands around swiftly. Without taking a break within maybe ten minutes Ziekku then was able to make a coffee pot. Some sort of clock that didn't look like a clock if it didn't have the numbers showing the time. The rest of the scraps Ziekku was able to invent a strange looking collar with a tiny switch on the side. Stepping back he looked to Jorris after laying each items on a nearby table gently and making sure none of it got scratched or up or banged around. He didn't leave anything behind in the crate as he made sure to use every piece of it. Now weather they worked or not was a whole another story.

Aisu stepped back letting his tamer do his thing knowing full well once Ziekku Saw the crate full of nifty items no one would be able to stop him.

December 5th, 2011, 4:43 pm #9

Jorris watched the boy intently. He was worried that the boy had been mistaken about his skill, but his building abilities proved otherwise. An he seemed creative enough to create a multitude of differnet items with different appliances. Jorris remembered when he was a lad, taking apart his father's clock and trying to add new things to it - something his father didn't approve of, really, but ti got Jorris's creative juices flowing. Jorris had to wonder how this boy had his talent. But there was something that still had to be done.

"You did well, Ziekku. Extra points for using everything in the crate. But there is one thing I want to test." Jorris gently grabbed the collar Ziekku had made. "Gabumon, please come here. I want to see what happens." Thoguh Jorris moved to put the collar around the digimon's neck, it was mostly a test for Ziekku. If the collar did something particularly nasty, would he try to save his digimon, or let his digimon suffer in the name of science? Then again, it could be a perfectly nice collar with no bad effects. Jorris didn't have time to look at the components and make a logical guess.

December 5th, 2011, 5:10 pm #10

Ziekku watched Jorris for a moment as the older man took the collar and placed it on Aisu. He stood there not making any moves as he watched his digimon's reaction.

When Jorris put the collar on his neck Aisu looked up to Jorris as his fur color seems more healthier looking, his body looked slightly more stronger as if his power had been enhanced a little.