The Who Needs Sleep? Challenge

Discuss the comic here.

The Who Needs Sleep? Challenge

Sly Eagle
Squall

July 12th, 2007, 9:15 pm #1

Because there likely won't be an new page again until the 27th of July, I thought I'd get you guys to amuse yourselves in the meantime.

So, Audriel has laid down the gauntlet. Can Than take the title of Most Stubborn Moron from him? Both are confident that they will outlast the other.

In short, who do you think will stave off the villian Sleep longer and why? (I know that in some worlds, elves don't need sleep. Not the case in mine; both will succumb eventually.)
If you are fluent in four or more languages, you are multilingual.
If you are fluent in three, you are trilingual.
If you are fluent in two, you are bilingual.
If you speak only one, you're an American.

Teurelle
Drizzle
Teurelle
Drizzle

July 13th, 2007, 3:19 pm #2

I think Than will fall first. I don't have anything against him, mind you, but it'd kind of serve him right for his attitude. :P

Either that, or they'll be in the middle of tiredly trading veiled insults, and simply both drop at the same time!
-Lady T

Elick
Drizzle
Elick
Drizzle

July 14th, 2007, 12:45 am #3

Next on Elves Behaving Badly:
Than and Audie will become increasingly incoherent in their once-clever barbs. Audriel will pick on Than's use of contractions. Than will point out Audriel's overuse of commas. It'll descend into bickering about whether or not you can actually hear punctuation. Than pulls out the classic "I have Drow ears, which are totally awesomer than yours because we live under the ground where there's no light, so nyah~" for the win. Things get even worse when the topic switches to sports and the natural advantages Drow have over Sun Elves on the field. Audriel takes this one easily by pointing out the inherent futility of playing baseball in an enclosed cave. In the end they both fall victim to the vengeful return of the FOREST IMPS!

Final Decision: It's sort of moot, and if they survive they'll consider it a draw.
Thou must fish.

Sly Eagle
Squall

July 17th, 2007, 3:02 am #4

Oh, come now. Everyone knows that dark elves play cricket, not baseball.
If you are fluent in four or more languages, you are multilingual.
If you are fluent in three, you are trilingual.
If you are fluent in two, you are bilingual.
If you speak only one, you're an American.

canterrain
Shower

July 19th, 2007, 3:53 am #5

And so we find Audriel and Than, desperately trying to win this contest. Each no longer has the stamina to stand, let alone walk. But a trial of wills and prejudice knows no such limits (or intelligence) and they refuse to stop.

"You're going to lose..." whimpered Than as he urged his own failing body to crawl just one more pace.

"Will not, drow..." replied Audriel likewise trying to force his hands to move forward and then drag the rest of his body, "... So give up."

Finally, it was Bashira (who as it turns out, can for one brief moment in his life talk) who ended the feud by pointing out, "You pathetic land creatures have only moved two feet since this silly thing began."
Empty sorrow is the only hole that is impossible to fill.

http://canterrain.deviantart.com/

dlc
Shower
dlc
Shower

July 25th, 2007, 8:37 pm #6

They'll both fall asleep at the same time and with no witnesses. Neither will know who fell asleep first so there will be no bragging rights won. They'll simply continue where they left off. Sly saw a state championship high school basketball game that went into five overtimes. This gave her ideas.
"So the Universe isn't quite as you thought it was.
You'd better rearrange your beliefs then.
Because you certainly can't rearrange the Universe."
--from Nightfall by Asimov/Silverberg

nerissarain
Drizzle

July 30th, 2007, 12:12 am #7

I've been privy to such sleep-deprived encounters (intentional or not). So, here's what I say will happen.
Well, I suppose it starts following Elicks idea, with incoherent babbling ensuing, going into picking up on details and random, unverifiable facts to support such things. Sleep will begin to creep into their behaviors, though it will be hard to tell and one will lapse into silence for a while, but claim just thinking, when really they were sleep-walking. Second, third, and fourth winds will come, and then they'll just be knocked unconscious because after a while those trees start to take a blurry kind of look, and, well, it doesn't take much to aid that sleep-induced thing. Guess that doesn't answer the question of who walks into the tree first.

Teurelle
Drizzle
Teurelle
Drizzle

August 3rd, 2007, 1:30 am #8

I do have to wonder if Audriel is faking sleep now...
-Lady T

labixiaoxin
Drizzle

January 16th, 2014, 2:04 am #9

Dress is the everlasting love of females. So many fashion clothes dealers and storekeepers are trying their best to find cheap wholesale dresses online and they know Shiying Sexy Lingerie Co., Ltd is a good cooperator 4-7 years¡¯ goldkey member of many wholesale platforms such as Alibaba and Tradekey. Wholesale evening dresses as low as $5 and mixed batch available.