Save the Rat

Um, yes. Announcements. Pretty straightforward, no?

Save the Rat

Sly Eagle
Squall

June 4th, 2006, 6:58 pm #1

You all might have seen on the main page, and if you haven't... go here.

My rat friend Kasumi developed a large lump on her side over the course of 24 hours. I took her to the vet, who after examining it, sai she was 95% certain that the lump is a tumor, not an abcess, which was the other possibility. The vet suggested that I skip the biopsy and go straight to surgery. Given the tumor's growth rate and location, she's rather concerned that it's caused by mammary cancer, and the only way to find out what's going on and then to pursue futher treatment is to remove the tumor surgically.

As I said on the main page, the rub to this is I can't afford it. Any money you'd be willing to part with for our sake would be extraordinarily appreciated, but I'd also like to say that you are by no means forced or compelled to help us. It'd just be nice.
If you are fluent in four or more languages, you are multilingual.
If you are fluent in three, you are trilingual.
If you are fluent in two, you are bilingual.
If you speak only one, you're an American.

Vriaeliss
Drizzle

June 5th, 2006, 10:36 pm #2

Thank you to all who have and will help!

Sly Eagle
Squall

June 9th, 2006, 5:35 pm #3

Rat saved! Waha! Thanks so much to those who donated.

Kasumi's operation is scheduled for the 15th of June.

Yaaaay.

nerissarain
Drizzle

June 9th, 2006, 7:24 pm #4

I'm so glad you were able to pull together the money to help save the rat!! Hurrah!! (Not to mention, what a sign of the popularity and support for this comic that people were willing/able to donate) You know I donated in spirit...somehow I didn't think you wanted me to give you pennies :P

Tuviana Sirion
Drizzle

May 12th, 2007, 4:07 am #5

First time I heard that name, I automatically assumed that Kasumi is a cat. Dunno why though. But its a rat! YAY. I have a soft spot for rats... Do you have any images of her up somewhere around?

I wish best of luck on her speedy recovery!

karnanyd
Downpour
karnanyd
Downpour

May 14th, 2007, 5:42 am #6

Yay! I hope she gets better soon! :)
"What is the probability that Shakespeare, by randomly flexing his muscles, might accidently have found himself swinging through the trees like a monkey?"
-- John Allen Paulos

Sly Eagle
Squall

May 14th, 2007, 3:22 pm #7

I have some "sick" pictures of her. I'll take some "well" pictures of her and try to get them up in the near future.

hjrtr
Drizzle
hjrtr
Drizzle

December 11th, 2012, 6:25 am #8

While all of us do notGW2 Gold own any guidelines to platform what quantity harm the Robber can outcome or kind abilities the Robber are able to use on which will weaponry, we genuinely do know that the following auto mechanic shall be important to the considering behind stealthing roughly an resistance and shredding all of them apart before Guild Wars 2 Goldlengthy or within more time tiffs, maintaining your techniques and determining if your best a chance to use which capability is.

annarichart
Drizzle

December 28th, 2016, 3:12 am #9

Thank you to all who have and will help!

Billy Pro
Drizzle
Billy Pro
Drizzle

March 18th, 2017, 4:45 am #10

Sly Eagle @ Jun 4 2006, 06:58 PM wrote: You all might have seen on the main page, and if you haven't... go here.

My rat friend Kasumi developed a large lump on her side over the course of 24 hours. I took her to the vet, who after examining it, sai she was 95% certain that the lump is a tumor, not an abcess, which was the other possibility. The vet suggested that I skip the biopsy and go straight to surgery. Given the tumor's growth rate and location, she's rather concerned that it's caused by mammary cancer, and the only way to find out what's going on and then to pursue futher treatment is to remove the tumor surgically.

As I said on the main page, the rub to this is I can't afford it. Any money you'd be willing to part with for our sake would be extraordinarily appreciated, but I'd also like to say that you are by no means forced or compelled to help us. It'd just be nice.

Really appreciate help from you guys!!!