Bob
Intermdiate Contributor
Bob
Intermdiate Contributor

2:32 AM - Aug 10, 2009 #11

InstructorMax @ Aug 9 2009, 08:50 PM wrote:
Carlo D @ Aug 9 2009, 11:08 AM wrote: Max perhaps there should be a link to the real time weather in aurora on the amac website. Or even an icon with the real time weather right on the site.

Hi Carlo. There is an icon and link to the weather network Aurora weather at the bottom of the main page Here:

http://www.auroramodelaircraft.com/

Max he asked for real-time, the weather link at the bottom of the web site is a standard ho-hum weather forecast that is updated 3 times a day. There are frequently up dated marine and aviation forecasts that get close to real time. The only real time weather information is the automated weather buoys in lake Ontario and the radar network across Canada, the closest being in King City.

DaveandGarry
Intermdiate Contributor
DaveandGarry
Intermdiate Contributor

1:28 PM - Aug 18, 2009 #12

Max, I've seen websites that highlight in bold the posts that you have yet to read and also indicates how many unread posts you have yet to read since last logging on. I find that helpful as then I know what I have missed. GB

Bdegan
Master Contributor
Bdegan
Master Contributor

1:56 PM - Aug 18, 2009 #13

It does highlight the new threads and any thread that has new posts since you last looked at it
Brad Egan
MAAC 48597

DaveandGarry
Intermdiate Contributor
DaveandGarry
Intermdiate Contributor

4:45 PM - Aug 18, 2009 #14

Hi Brad, mine doesn't, perhaps I have something set up wrong. There is an icon that says view new posts but there are websites that have a counter indicating all new posts since last logged on. I will check my setup and profile to see if that can be corrected from my end.

InstructorMax
Master Contributor
InstructorMax
Master Contributor

5:05 PM - Aug 18, 2009 #15

I suspect its from your end Garry.

In order for your computer to "know" what you saw before and what is new on the forums, you need to have cookies enabled. If you set your Internet secutily level to "high", it disables cookies. That could be your problem (also check your antivirus software- some of them also set your Internet preferences to raise the security level automatically.)
RC Test Pilot; Airplane Instructor; Helicopter Instructor

DaveandGarry
Intermdiate Contributor
DaveandGarry
Intermdiate Contributor

8:35 PM - Aug 18, 2009 #16

That must be it Max because new posts only appear if I select the "View New Posts"
header.

Thanks, GB

Lenny G
Intermdiate Contributor
Lenny G
Intermdiate Contributor

4:46 AM - Aug 24, 2009 #17

ON THIS PAGE WHEN WE WRITE OUR REPLYS PUT AUTO SPELL CHECK.

AND IF IM MISSING IT THEN SORRY ALSO THERE ARE ALWAYS ERRORS

Bdegan
Master Contributor
Bdegan
Master Contributor

11:59 AM - Aug 24, 2009 #18

No spell check. I have not seen a spell check on any public forum.
Slow down and sound out your words :lol:

What errors are you getting ???
Is it it the flood control message? You are trying to post to many messgages or replies to quickly?

One more thing......" STOP YELLING !!!" :lol: :lol:
Brad Egan
MAAC 48597

Wildlabman
Advanced Contributor
Wildlabman
Advanced Contributor

1:21 PM - Aug 24, 2009 #19

Lenny G @ Aug 23 2009, 11:46 PM wrote: ON THIS PAGE WHEN WE WRITE OUR REPLYS PUT AUTO SPELL CHECK.

AND IF IM MISSING IT THEN SORRY ALSO THERE ARE ALWAYS ERRORS

What web browser are you using????

I use Firefox and it has built in spell checking.

Also, STOP YELLING......please :D

Chris
Chris Lee

MAAC #78921

"Let whoever can, win glory before death" Beowulf

ta154
Advanced Contributor
ta154
Advanced Contributor

1:32 PM - Aug 24, 2009 #20

Bdegan @ Aug 24 2009, 07:59 AM wrote: No spell check. I have not seen a spell check on any public forum.

One more thing......" STOP YELLING !!!" :lol: :lol:

That's interesting, Brad.

I've wondered about that because when I post from the Mac, there is a spell check already in operation.

Back in the day, on RCU, you could run a spell check on the message. You did that on your entry just before posting. Not any more.

Of course, the PC is something else entirely. It lets things like this go right on by:

I was haveing a really hard time

and this: I got it toa descent point

and:extended verticles

Ya jest cain't win!

As for caps, that's another matter altogether. Perhaps he has his keyboard set so that they come on as soon as he boots up his machine.