Questions about learning to fly helicopters

Any questions about flying, how to get started, etc etc..ask here

Questions about learning to fly helicopters

InstructorMax
Master Contributor
InstructorMax
Master Contributor

October 13th, 2006, 8:51 pm #1

This thread was moved to the questions section.... Please read on.
RC Test Pilot; Airplane Instructor; Helicopter Instructor

Mack U.
Advanced Contributor
Mack U.
Advanced Contributor

January 15th, 2007, 6:36 pm #2

Hey Max, do you supply heli-lesson?
Trex 700N

Logo 400

MSH Protos 500

Durafly EFS Racer

InstructorMax
Master Contributor
InstructorMax
Master Contributor

January 16th, 2007, 4:17 pm #3

Of course I can give you or anyone lessons- and the best part is...heli lessons are free!!! :) :) :) .

If you dont have a heli and u want to use one of mine, the only requirements is that you fuel it for your lesson. other than that, you are more thant welcome to use mine until you decide this is something you want to invest in or not.

canadiankiwi
Getting there
canadiankiwi
Getting there

January 18th, 2007, 1:10 am #4

i live in newmarket and been looking at joining a club but nobody seems to interested in helis, i have a raptor and im only beginning but need some help to get my confidence level up.
Any help would be great

canadiankiwi

Avi Persaud
Advanced Contributor
Avi Persaud
Advanced Contributor

January 18th, 2007, 3:43 am #5

It's a little cold out right now, but when the westher is well, and especially on monday evenings in the summer, Max and I are always out there flying helis, we fly mostly raptors and t-rexes, join the club and come on out with the rappy, Max and I would be more than happy to help you set the machine up right, and get flying. Since Max and I started flying helis regularly last year, we noticed more folks bringing out helis, or learning to fly them, so the heli gang will definitely grow next season, especially if folks like you join us! You learn a lot flying with other heli guys, and you feel more confident in flying helis as a result! Just make sure you contact Max before you bring the heli out to make sure someone is actually there to help you.

InstructorMax
Master Contributor
InstructorMax
Master Contributor

January 18th, 2007, 1:23 pm #6

Hi Kiwi!

Welcome to our club forums. What kind of helicopter/radio and engine do you currently use? Let me know, that would be a good start in determining what stage you are at.

Like Avi mentioned, I'd be more than happy to help you get your heli flying, and at our club, flight instruction is free.

During the winter months, Avi and I fly indoor electric helis which helps keep from getting too rusty.

Another thing that is very useful when you cant get out and fly is to use a RC flight simulator. Some of them are better than others, but a free version can be obtained here:
http://n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html

If you like we can get together sometime and I can look over your heli and maybe let you try my simulator to help you build up your flight confidence

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask them here or you can call me http://www.auroramodelaircraft.com/html/contact.html

Thanks, and hope to fly with ya soon!

Park
Basic Contributor
Park
Basic Contributor

January 18th, 2007, 2:49 pm #7

Hi Max,

Where is the location you guys flying indoor ? I want to come see, can I ?

InstructorMax
Master Contributor
InstructorMax
Master Contributor

January 18th, 2007, 7:19 pm #8

Park @ Jan 18 2007, 02:49 PM wrote: Hi Max,

Where is the location you guys flying indoor ? I want to come see, can I ?

Hi Park.

the directions to our indoor flying can be found here
http://www.auroramodelaircraft.com/html/site.html

did you specifically want to see indoor heli's or indoor in general?

Unfortunately, mondays during the winter I have classes from 8:00 pm onwards so I will not be there, but there will be plenty of other indoor fliers, most of them are airplanes but if you make arrangements with Avi im sure he wouldnt mind bringing several of his electric indor heli's there.

Thanks

Park
Basic Contributor
Park
Basic Contributor

January 18th, 2007, 8:13 pm #9

Thanks Max for the info.

Actually, I has been joining the Monday night indoor group since last Oct and I didn't really see people flying heli there. I thought you guys were flying heli somewhere else.

Thanks for the reply.

No, no one renew their membership yet casue David didn't bring us the form :D

InstructorMax
Master Contributor
InstructorMax
Master Contributor

January 18th, 2007, 9:50 pm #10

Oh- I see.

Sorry, let me clarify what I meant when I say I fly indoors in the winter- I fly in my living room! :o LOL!

I have small Honeybee

that flew in the gym last year, but since I cant make mondays this year I fly it in my living room.

The T-rex is just a little bigger than the honeybee, not by much, but it is more powerful, so its a little too cramped to fly in my small living room, but avi flies his in his basement.

Maybe we should have a hover party at Avi's basement one night and invite you guys over??

I also fly it at the club meetings in the teachers lounge, I had the T-rex there for yesterdays meeting and I ended up flying it after the meeting. There's a lot more room there then in my living room :) :) :)

Avi- wanna invite me and these guys over for an event at your place sometime???