odam2k
Master Contributor
odam2k
Master Contributor
Joined: 1:32 AM - Sep 29, 2008

12:17 PM - Oct 02, 2008 #21

Just wanted to say thanks, I showed up last night and met those hardy souls who braved the cold wind...

Got to watch Mack fly his TRex 700, all I can say is WOW!

Looking forward to becoming a member...

Rod
Quote
Like
Share

InstructorMax
Master Contributor
InstructorMax
Master Contributor
Joined: 8:04 PM - Oct 13, 2006

12:36 PM - Oct 02, 2008 #22

Rod, it was real nice to meet you yesterday.

Glad you came out and I'm looking forward to seeing you around more often.

With the number of heli flyers we have, a heli event for next year might be in the cards...
RC Test Pilot; Airplane Instructor; Helicopter Instructor
Quote
Like
Share

odam2k
Master Contributor
odam2k
Master Contributor
Joined: 1:32 AM - Sep 29, 2008

3:40 PM - Oct 02, 2008 #23

Then I guess I better get some warm gloves and get out there with Park this winter and practice :)
Quote
Like
Share

101cabral
Intermdiate Contributor
101cabral
Intermdiate Contributor
Joined: 3:42 AM - Aug 13, 2009

4:05 AM - Sep 28, 2009 #24

So i here this has been started up again :o im glad to hear it, i think were going to buy one of those HK-450's as Rod suggested. and build it during the winter. then start bringing it to the field on mondays. :D


Darren
Darren

Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/RCDarren?feature=mhum

Blog: http://rcdarren.blogspot.com/
Quote
Like
Share

odam2k
Master Contributor
odam2k
Master Contributor
Joined: 1:32 AM - Sep 29, 2008

8:43 PM - Sep 29, 2009 #25

101cabral @ Sep 27 2009, 11:05 PM wrote: So i here this has been started up again :o im glad to hear it, i think were going to buy one of those HK-450's as Rod suggested. and build it during the winter. then start bringing it to the field on mondays. :D


Darren

Once you get it, you can put that sucker together in a couple hours, never mind all winter! We'll get you out there practicing before the snow flies :)
Quote
Like
Share

101cabral
Intermdiate Contributor
101cabral
Intermdiate Contributor
Joined: 3:42 AM - Aug 13, 2009

1:27 AM - Oct 05, 2009 #26

odam2k @ Sep 29 2009, 03:43 PM wrote:
101cabral @ Sep 27 2009, 11:05 PM wrote: So i here this has been started up again  :o  im glad to hear it, i think were going to buy one of those HK-450's as Rod suggested. and build it during the winter. then start bringing it to the field on mondays. :D


Darren

Once you get it, you can put that sucker together in a couple hours, never mind all winter! We'll get you out there practicing before the snow flies :)

The hk-450 will be here tommorow, along with all the part :D
and ill get right to putting it together! :=)

P.S Do i used the Trex-450 sa manuel to put this hk-450 together?

Darren
Darren

Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/RCDarren?feature=mhum

Blog: http://rcdarren.blogspot.com/
Quote
Like
Share

odam2k
Master Contributor
odam2k
Master Contributor
Joined: 1:32 AM - Sep 29, 2008

3:36 AM - Oct 05, 2009 #27

I'm just looking through the SA manual now...

I don't mount the servos inside the frame, I just set them in the holes, and screw them in with the tabs on the outside of the frame... not on the inside...

I mount my gyro on the tail boom holder, this leaves the front tray for the ESC. I use a seperate BEC, and just stick it on the side of the frame where it doesn't interfere with the canopy...

Every HK450 I've received so far has the linkages pretty well right on, so you shouldnt have to adjust them, but DO take the head apart and apply threadlock. Same with the tail... I never trust anyone else to do it right :)

The manual looks good...

Have fun with it....

Rod
Quote
Like
Share

101cabral
Intermdiate Contributor
101cabral
Intermdiate Contributor
Joined: 3:42 AM - Aug 13, 2009

3:42 AM - Oct 05, 2009 #28

odam2k @ Oct 4 2009, 10:36 PM wrote: I'm just looking through the SA manual now...

I don't mount the servos inside the frame, I just set them in the holes, and screw them in with the tabs on the outside of the frame... not on the inside...

I mount my gyro on the tail boom holder, this leaves the front tray for the ESC. I use a seperate BEC, and just stick it on the side of the frame where it doesn't interfere with the canopy...

Every HK450 I've received so far has the linkages pretty well right on, so you shouldnt have to adjust them, but DO take the head apart and apply threadlock. Same with the tail... I never trust anyone else to do it right :)

The manual looks good...

Have fun with it....

Rod

Got it :D thanks
Darren

Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/RCDarren?feature=mhum

Blog: http://rcdarren.blogspot.com/
Quote
Like
Share

Avi Persaud
Advanced Contributor
Avi Persaud
Advanced Contributor
Joined: 8:58 PM - Oct 13, 2006

8:12 PM - Oct 05, 2009 #29

Anyone going out for heli night tonight, weather pending?
Quote
Like
Share

odam2k
Master Contributor
odam2k
Master Contributor
Joined: 1:32 AM - Sep 29, 2008

11:57 PM - Oct 05, 2009 #30

Avi Persaud @ Oct 5 2009, 03:12 PM wrote: Anyone going out for heli night tonight, weather pending?

I spent the whole day at the field today, the only person that showed up was Chris... he popped in on his way home from work...

It was very windy through the day, and it would be sunny for 20 minutes, then rain for 10 minutes, repeated all day :( I got tired of getting things out, putting them away, so I just covered my stuff with a tarp and hopped in the car when it would rain...

It was too windy to fly the planes, I managed a few flights with my Raptor 50, then finally about 6:30 after the rain stopped, the wind also died, and it was beautiful, but rapidly getting dark :( I got one flight in with the Enigma...

Tomorrow is supposed to be better, I'm on vacation this week, I picked a crappy week :(

Quote
Like
Share