Transport Moving Rules

Alpha Legion Articles and Tactica for General Discussion

Transport Moving Rules

WarpWhisperer
High Command
WarpWhisperer
High Command

02 Dec 2010, 08:09 #1

I made another rules mistake last night. It might well be that I am just a complete dullard, but I was super-confident that my understanding was correct, only to look like a fool once the rules were checked. So, swallowing my pride I'll just repeat it here, in case anyone else has a different understanding.

I thought that unless a unit began a turn within 2" of the embarkation points, then a vehicle could not move after a unit had embarked; that is, if the unit moved in the movement phase, then their new transport could not.

Turns out this is not the case - the unit can move, get into the transport, and the transport has full movement capabilities aswell after that. (pg 66 of the rulebook)

Anybody else out there who thought the same as me? Even the turn before in this very game I had embarked a Rhino, but not moved it afterwards because of my flawed interpretation - if I'd have known, then it would have moved too.

(I'm not moaning here about last night's game in total, btw, as I tabled my opponent ;) )
"I encourage my men to explore the philosophy of bloodshed; to understand the intellectual structure that informs their killing" 'Alpharius', Legion

ageis
Daemon Prince
ageis
Daemon Prince

02 Dec 2010, 18:35 #2

ahh i wouldnt be to hard on yourself warp. that sort of thing happens to all of us. up untill a few moths ago i was still taking dangerous terrain tests for dreads walking through cover :lol:

congrats on the tabling too : Thumb :
"The devil is not mocked" - Alpharius

WarpWhisperer
High Command
WarpWhisperer
High Command

02 Dec 2010, 18:53 #3

ageis @ Dec 2 2010, 06:35 PM wrote: congrats on the tabling too : Thumb :
Can't take too much credit - it was against Dark Angels ^_^
"I encourage my men to explore the philosophy of bloodshed; to understand the intellectual structure that informs their killing" 'Alpharius', Legion

ka'terrill
Chaos Marine
ka'terrill
Chaos Marine

06 Dec 2010, 16:24 #4

WarpWhisperer @ Dec 2 2010, 06:53 PM wrote:
ageis @ Dec 2 2010, 06:35 PM wrote: congrats on the tabling too : Thumb :
Can't take too much credit - it was against Dark Angels ^_^
lol... yes, low have our brothers fallen.. although after reading about thier history... :P
Vinceri vel mori
( a man above his enemies )
HYDRA DOMINATUS!!!