files

files

June 26th, 2012, 4:42 am #1

I have a question for all those wonderful computer competent people out there (I am definitely not one of them)I have seen where people have made files of assorted stories and shared them with others. So how do you do that? Sites close, people pull stories ect... for there own personal reasons. I want to know how so I can save my favorite stories Any help given will greatly be appreciated

June 26th, 2012, 8:35 am #2

This is what I do. First, I have firefox and I have 2 programs that I use depending where I want them to go. first when I want them to go directly into a file on my computer I use a add on called 'Download them all' and that does a bulk download of that page(s) (you call do all the files on one page if you want sometimes you have to do some creative searching for the story before you can down load it) into whatever file I want it to go into. If I am going to share them, I just zip them up.

The second program I use is a add on called 'scrapbook' and that download loads into a special file that you access through firefox, however it is stored on your computer so you can get to them even when your online or offline.

I use both because sometimes I do want to zip them up or put them on my kindle so I use download them all
when I just want to save a copy to quickly access I use scrapbook and most of the time though I do both.

Thats what I do. Hope that helps But this is only if you use firefox I don't know if they offer these type of programs on other browsers.
Good Luck

Carolyn
Carolyn

June 28th, 2012, 4:57 am #3

Thanks for the information. I downloaded both of the add ons. I am still trying to figure out how to move the scrapbooked pages to a file on my computer. Your help is greatly appreciated

June 28th, 2012, 5:36 am #4

Here Email me and if I can help more I would be more than glad too

rampartgeneral@att.net