My Algonquin Map (Book Edition)

My Algonquin Map (Book Edition)

March 12th, 2009, 4:31 am #1

On SM's suggestion I'm making a new thread to list the people who have reserved a spot in line for the book edition of my new map (Both of which will be released in the very near future.) As I mentioned in the other post no money is due until the books are ready to ship and you're more than welcome to change your mind, but this will give me an idea of the demand.

I'm distributing them directly rather than having the printing company do it since the shipping cost to Canada drops from $16US per book to $2US/book. The price of the book will be approximately $20 per copy and can probably be shipped by lettermail which means shipping won't cost too much. The cost of the book itself is based on the cost to me, the shipping to me, a contingency amount and a little bit of $ to help pay for free copies for people who I feel should have a copy for free (ie Jake Pigeon from Brent.) Basically, I don't want to get rich off of this, rather I want to see the map get more use .

A lot of people have asked for a printed copy, and this time around I'm arranging for books to be printed and full sized maps to be printed (Do note that the full sized maps aren't cheap - approx. $37US for a 3'x4' map) - this is just what the printing company charges. Hopefully everything should be ready really soon. I'm hoping to release everything at once (The print and downloadable editions that is.)

Anyways, if you could confirm that what I have written below is right, that'd be great (It's good to be organized!) If you're not on the list you're more than welcome to wait until later to see if you're interested, but I'd encourage you to post your request or shoot me an email so you can at least get a spot in line. I'll be respecting the order that the books were requested in when distributing them and will only be ordering 50 copies at a time (I'm a poor uni student.)

Name - - - - - - - - - - - - Quantities Requested

Chris Millar - - - - - - - - - - -1
Aaron Z - - - - - - - - - - - - -1
Kevin Priestly - - - - - - - - - - 2
Jim Cavers - - - - - - - - - - - 2
SmedleyCo - - - - - - - - - - -1
Andrew Gorman - - - - - - - - 2
Mike Wood - - - - - - - - - - - 1
Markus - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1
JoD - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2
AZ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1 - - Are you Aaron Z from up above?
James67 - - - - - - - - - - - - 2
JeffP - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1
Paddlin - - - - - - - - - - - - -1
Shawn of N.B. - - - - - - - - - 4
Gordie - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1
Mike B - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1
AaronRobichaud - - - - - - - - 2
Ray Desrochers - - - - - - - - -1
Mark Scarlett - - - - - - - - - - 6
Bob Chachel - - - - - - - - - - 1
J-Wolf - - - - - - - - - - - - - -3
Tom Yates - - - - - - - - - - - 1
Barry (The one and only!) - - - -2
Barbara - - - - - - - - - - - - -1
Iain - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1
Goodfella76 - - - - - - - - - - -3
Ron Young - - - - - - - - - - - 1
Rob L - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 2
burkg - - - - - - - - - - - - - -2
canoeguy - - - - - - - - - - - - 1
madmusher - - - - - - - - - - - 2 --I'll be sure to email you about selling them at your restaurant as soon as I have things firmed up
Bruce Sutton - - - - - - - - - - 3

Thank you all for your interest in the map, both the downloadable version and this print version .

Jeff

--

Algonquin Backcountry Recreationalists - Caring for Algonquin's Backcountry - abrweb.ca

My Algonquin Park Map - Accurate, Detailed, Free

kevin
kevin

March 12th, 2009, 5:52 am #2

two copies for me is exactly right Jeff. Thanks, can't wait to see it.

March 12th, 2009, 5:54 am #3

On SM's suggestion I'm making a new thread to list the people who have reserved a spot in line for the book edition of my new map (Both of which will be released in the very near future.) As I mentioned in the other post no money is due until the books are ready to ship and you're more than welcome to change your mind, but this will give me an idea of the demand.

I'm distributing them directly rather than having the printing company do it since the shipping cost to Canada drops from $16US per book to $2US/book. The price of the book will be approximately $20 per copy and can probably be shipped by lettermail which means shipping won't cost too much. The cost of the book itself is based on the cost to me, the shipping to me, a contingency amount and a little bit of $ to help pay for free copies for people who I feel should have a copy for free (ie Jake Pigeon from Brent.) Basically, I don't want to get rich off of this, rather I want to see the map get more use .

A lot of people have asked for a printed copy, and this time around I'm arranging for books to be printed and full sized maps to be printed (Do note that the full sized maps aren't cheap - approx. $37US for a 3'x4' map) - this is just what the printing company charges. Hopefully everything should be ready really soon. I'm hoping to release everything at once (The print and downloadable editions that is.)

Anyways, if you could confirm that what I have written below is right, that'd be great (It's good to be organized!) If you're not on the list you're more than welcome to wait until later to see if you're interested, but I'd encourage you to post your request or shoot me an email so you can at least get a spot in line. I'll be respecting the order that the books were requested in when distributing them and will only be ordering 50 copies at a time (I'm a poor uni student.)

madmusher - - - - - - - - - - - 2 --I'll be sure to email you about selling them at your restaurant as soon as I have things firmed up

Thank you all for your interest in the map, both the downloadable version and this print version .

Jeff

--

Algonquin Backcountry Recreationalists - Caring for Algonquin's Backcountry - abrweb.ca

1 copy for me (Gordie) is a confirmation.

How do we get payment to you?

Gordie

http://www.solotripping.com/

http://www.abrweb.ca/

March 12th, 2009, 5:57 am #4

Well, like I said I don't need payment until I'm ready to ship, but it will be via Paypal (Which supports credit cards.)

Jeff

--

Iain
Iain

March 12th, 2009, 7:17 am #5

One for me, thanks Jeff!

March 12th, 2009, 10:03 am #6

I think I better make that 2 copies Jeff.
Thanks,

Paddlin.

March 12th, 2009, 10:31 am #7

Jeff

--

Hey Jeffrey,

I saw your list, I checked it twice, I saw some folks who are naughty and nice, but my name was no where to be found... Throw me into the mix for 2 copies.

Thanks.

Sean (of Ajax)

http://www.ABRweb.ca .. Algonquin Backcountry Recreationalists - Caring for Algonquin's Backcountry

March 12th, 2009, 10:54 am #8

Jeff

--

Hi Jeff

I'm not on the list BUT could you please add me for 1 copy.

Thanx for all your hard work.

MikeL

james67
james67

March 12th, 2009, 10:55 am #9

Hey Jeffrey,

I saw your list, I checked it twice, I saw some folks who are naughty and nice, but my name was no where to be found... Throw me into the mix for 2 copies.

Thanks.

Sean (of Ajax)

http://www.ABRweb.ca .. Algonquin Backcountry Recreationalists - Caring for Algonquin's Backcountry
Confirm 2 map books for me.
Thanks Jeff

james67

mabagu
mabagu

March 12th, 2009, 11:00 am #10

Hi Jeff

I'm not on the list BUT could you please add me for 1 copy.

Thanx for all your hard work.

MikeL
Jeffrey. Please put me in for two books.
thanks.
Mark Bagu