So it's past 9:00PM and apparently one cannot book for Monday!? So my question is: If we want a 3 night backcountry trip in algonquin, can we book online Aug 18 + 19, and then when we arrive at the park can we book the Aug 17 date. The reason being is that Aug 19 only has 1/4 campsites available. Been waiting for the forecast to change but it doesn't look like it, so we've modified our intended route which is why we're booking so late.
Any advice? More fees to combine an online reservation with an in-person one?
Shouldn't be any additional fees at the permit office to add an earlier night to your existing 2-night reservation. This is where the new on-line system is helpful: you can see if the lake you want for tomorrow has sites available, and even though you can't book them online, they will likely still be there when you arrive at the permit office.
-Matt in Ottawa