orthopedic dog beds

orthopedic dog beds

February 16th, 2010, 10:03 am #1

Looking at a memory foam orthopedic dog bed that in all honesty looks more.comfortable than my own. Are they worth the money? If it will help w his arthritis I'm gonna do it

February 16th, 2010, 1:57 pm #2

Gwenna, a forum member knows a good site, I think. Even know they can be expensive, I do think it's worth it. I got a $25 at Sam's Club (like a Costco), that is nice, but I can tell already that it's starting to get flat. I'm sure if I bought a $100 one, that would save me money in the long run.

(Mikko doesn't have arthritis, but does have bad hips)
<center>
</center>

February 16th, 2010, 6:14 pm #3

Looking at a memory foam orthopedic dog bed that in all honesty looks more.comfortable than my own. Are they worth the money? If it will help w his arthritis I'm gonna do it
But Shaka destroys dog-beds in a New York Minute, so she sleeps on 2 thick non-chewable rubber door-mats, LOL -- On the other hand, Lazar has one of those giant dog-mattresses, but it's not a Temper-Pedic The Memory Foam ones aren't too expensive, though, so I'd go for it !!!

February 16th, 2010, 6:51 pm #4

from overstock.com and hopefully you know someone who can sew, and have them sew a bed cover. It's WAY CHEAPER than buying one. And you can have more than one. Sierra my elkhound loves the ortho bed i made her (haylie spends a lot of time on it too). Kayden LOVES his "cool bed" that has memory foam in it. but i think the ortho beds are like the couch.. comfy! LOL

p.s. they also have cool memory foam on that site. I need to order that myself and make a few beds for mine. Slowly replacing all the "old fashioned" beds.

Elea, Sierra, Haylie & Kayden
Last edited by eleawarf1 on February 16th, 2010, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 18th, 2010, 1:39 am #5

for my Great Dane. They sell ortho foam at Walmart though - not sure what sizes, etc., you'd need but it might be cheaper to buy that and make your own slip cover for it. In hind sight, I would do that instead of buying one made for dogs becasue those aren't cheap.
<center>
</center>

February 21st, 2012, 11:03 am #6

I would recommend having a look on this website, I got mine from there and it's great:

http://www.petbedsdirect.co.uk/

pauline
pauline

February 24th, 2012, 5:45 pm #7

I'd had one of those for my old benny when he was around :) He'd have been so comfortable, they are very supportive and would have really helped him to comfy with his arthritis ;)

February 25th, 2012, 4:33 am #8

from overstock.com and hopefully you know someone who can sew, and have them sew a bed cover. It's WAY CHEAPER than buying one. And you can have more than one. Sierra my elkhound loves the ortho bed i made her (haylie spends a lot of time on it too). Kayden LOVES his "cool bed" that has memory foam in it. but i think the ortho beds are like the couch.. comfy! LOL

p.s. they also have cool memory foam on that site. I need to order that myself and make a few beds for mine. Slowly replacing all the "old fashioned" beds.

Elea, Sierra, Haylie & Kayden
Kiba needs a cool orthopedic bed! I saw cool beds but they're the kind that are filled with liquid. Need something that the puppy cannot chew through... Or if she does chew on it, I need something that won't leak!

Ruby
Ruby

May 25th, 2013, 10:43 am #9

Super thick orthopedic dog beds are required for large dogs and small pets and it's necessary for pets included geometric and scientific features that's very comfortable for pets.http://comfort-flow.com/