Writing Therapy

Figment
Hatchling
Figment
Hatchling

Jan 21 2018, 05:33 PM #1

He couldn't remember who had reconmended it to him. But A'ron somehow found himself sitting at a table in the meeting hall, pen in one hand and a piece of paper placed in front of him. Writing therapy they called it.. you wrote down your thoughts in a letter, adressed to whomever, without ever sending it. It was supposed to organise your thoughts, give you a better perspective. Things like that.

To A'ron though, this was an exercise in extreme awkwardness. He'd been sitting there for half a candlemark now and all he'd written was ' Dear Norana,' . This was hardly a productive use of his time.

He sighed rubbing a hand over his face. Why was he bothering again?. Because... Tymareth cut in [color= #895A00 ] It is much better than that wine you keep downing, write![/color] The bronze emphasised the last word and ended it on a displeased snort that A'ron echoed with a scowl. Nosy

Still, one never knew until they tried. So he set the pen to the paper again and started to write to his sister, who would never get the letter. After all, she was 700 something turns dead by now. He stopped at that thought and sighed, longingly oggling a pitcher of wine further down the table.

Jail Rose
Candidate
Jail Rose
Candidate

Jan 26 2018, 08:34 AM #2

Kiraya, stop.

Eusabvieth whispered while following his master, Kiraya Jakos, into the meeting halls, with the merchant brushing his caution of with a scoff. It had been quite a few minutes of walking and both the dragon and the merchant were getting tired. While the pearl dragon said he and Kiraya should rest, the merchant retorted that she had better things to do than just rest.

Kiraya, you're tired. Come over here and I'll prepare a nice bed for you, The white pearl dragon told the merchant, earning another scoff from her again. "Oh, relax, Eusab, I'll be fine! It's just going to be the meeting hall, that's all." She reassured her dragon, before opening the large doors of the meeting hall.

There, she saw a lone man sitting all by himself, seemingly writing something with a jug of wine just next to him. A bronze dragon was also there, with what looked like a snort on his face. Perhaps he was communicating with this man, and this man must be the bronze dragon's master.

Shouldn't be bad to talk, She thought. And shouldn't be bad to drink with him. She slowly approached the man -- in case the bronze dragon would lung at her if she walked so quickly -- with Eusabvieth behind her. A small smile curved her lips as she waved at both the man and the dragon.

"Excuse me? Umm... sir?" The twenty year old merchant called out, standing quite a few meters from them. Eusabvieth also stopped with a halt. "...May I drink with you or do I have to pay gold coins for me to drink with you?"

The white pearl dragon scanned the room, and, upon seeing the bronze dragon, almost jumped with excitement. He puffed his chest and walked up to the said dragon, a wide grin on the white pearl dragon's face. Hallo there, sir! Nice meeting you! He greeted, sitting a few distances away from the bronze. The name's Eusabvieth! And I should guess you wouldn't tell me your name yet, since I'm still this complete stranger!

But still, while he was quite excited to meet another new dragon and was pretty much excited to talk to him, he glanced at his master with worry. She was tired from all that merchandising, and flying around, and there was already visible tiredness just by listening to her greeting the man from a while earlier, but she still chooses to talk?! What if she would faint or something? What's worse, in the middle of their conversation, if she would even succeed in striking a conversation?

Eusabvieth sighed to himself and shook his head. There were endless possibilities that would most likely happen to his master, and that's why he needed to watch out.

But surely it wouldn't be bad to exchange words with another dragon for a while, and let his master start a conversation too, right?

Figment
Hatchling
Figment
Hatchling

Jan 27 2018, 08:27 PM #3

A'ron of Bronze Tymareth

He hadn't for the life of him heard the young woman approach until she was right next to him and asked him if she could drink with him. He looked up at her in confusion, looked at his parchment and pen, then at the pitcher of wine. He slowly set the pen down and turned to face the weyrling in front of him more fully. She addressed him like she didn't know who he was which, he wasn't going to lie, was refreshing for a change.

It's not like you know HER name now do you? Tymareth reprimanded him, opening one eye and lifting his great wedgeshaped head from his paws to turn his gaze towards the puppy-ish pearl that was approaching him and started chattering away at him. I know who you are, I make it my business to know the names of every weyrling The bronze told the smaller dragon patiently. And you should know mine.. so remember it well, for we might fly together some day. It is Tymareth

Faint amusion crossed A'rons face at the exchange between the dragons, atleast the side he could hear from it." Well.. I do suppose your dragon is old enough for it not to effect him badly, but I reconmend you stick to one glass miss.". You're one to talk Tymareth told him surlishlyDon't use this as an excuse to get into your cups now

A'ron leaned back a little in his chair to look at his dragon"Thanks mom, I'll keep it in mind" he informed the dragon out loud for Kiraya's benefit." And no, it doesnt cost you a thing, the supplies technically belong to everyone in the compound.. " He reached over to grab the pitcher and poured her a glass of wine, handing it too her.

Jail Rose
Candidate
Jail Rose
Candidate

Jan 28 2018, 03:01 AM #4

Kiraya smiled at the man beside her. Wow, wine doesn't realy cost you anything, eh? She took the glass from him and started chugging on it. "Thank you," she told the man, before drinking everything up from the glass.

Kiraya, don't be so rash on yourself... Eusabvieth scolded his master, who simply shrugged with a small playful smirk before setting the glass on the table again. Don't you think it's a bad idea to drink wine while in a state of tiredness, Kiraya?

Receiving no reply, he turned to the bronze dragon and smiled once he said he knew him. Hey, really? That's quite amazing! So you know all the names of the dragons here in Pern? Cool! The pearl dragon exclaimed excitedly. And your name is Tymareth! Awesome! I'd love to fly with you and your rider someday, along with my rider as well!

Kiraya tilted her head to face the male, who was clutching a pen and paper. "So what are you doing here?" She asked, pouring herself another glass of wine. "Simply calling it a day, I suppose?"

Eusabvieth pouted. Ugh, fine Kiraya. Drink all you want. But don't blame me if you get a headache later on.

Aww, thanks, Eusab. Love you~!

...Love you more.

Figment
Hatchling
Figment
Hatchling

Jan 31 2018, 08:18 AM #5

A'ron of Bronze Tymareth

A'ron raised an eyebrow when they young woman slugged her first glass of wine and then went for a second helping after her first. He pointedly, moved the karaf away from her a little so she wouldn't keep slugging it. Aelthyristin would tan his hide if she found out one of her weyrlngs got drunk on his watch. That'd be just another smear on his already sterling reputaton when it came to alcohol.

Tymareth tilted his head at the young pearl There are but a few of us, not even enough for a flight, barely enough for two wings... He told the younger dragon patientlySo it is easy to remember them all, you should too. He looked a little thoughtfullThough especially those of the queens..they are the most important dragons on pern after all

A'ron glanced at his pen and papers when Kiraya asked him what he was doing here. He twiddled the pen between his fingers a little before sighing, feeling a bit emberassed to admit it to a weyrling"Writing therapy..." he muttered, gesturing to the empty papers" It's an exercise thats supposed to help you organise your thoughts...".

His eyes clouded over a little" this new...time...and place... they've been harder than I care to admit..".

Jail Rose
Candidate
Jail Rose
Candidate

Feb 5 2018, 09:48 AM #6

Kiraya slowly chugged on her second glass of wine, before she noticed that the man was moving the bottle slowly away from her. She raised an eyebrow, settig her half-empty glass down on the table. Was there something wrong about her drinking some wine? She could have asked him about it right now, but she didn't want to offend anyone, so she let him do what he wanted to do with it.

When he answered her question, telling her it was some "writing therapy", she raised an eyebrow and nodded at every word that he was saying. The papers were still empty so far, but he also explained that it was an exercise for writing to organize ideas or thoughts.

Kiraya pointed to the papers and pen with a small smirk. "Why is it still empty?" She asked, but then realized it might actually offend him, so she cleared her throat and changed the subject. "I mean, I know you're still thinking of something to write... don't mind what I just said a second ago."

His next statement made her worry quite a bit. Something about it when he said this time was far harder made her wonder if he had gone through quite a lot of hardships and sufferings, or if he just had a hard time. "I'm sorry, is something bothering you greatly?" She asked thoughtfully, eyebrows furrowed in worry.

Damn, I shouldn't have went inside here in the first place if I knew someone was having something of a hard time...

Eusabvieth scoffed in her mind. Yeah. And you should've known you are tired before you even got in here. He reprimanded his master, who only glared playfully at him.

My case is definitely different, Eusab. And I told you already, I'm not tired.

Yeah, right.

The white pearl dragon then turned his head back at Tymareth, who looked thoughtful as he explained that there were still only a few dragons here, not even enough for flight. Well, I guess the cryogenic sleep explains that all, huh... most of the dragons and their riders have been asleep for a long time, and some may still be asleep in their pods... His next statement made Eusabvieth smile. Well, now I remember one name, and that is Tymareth, your name! I might actually meet other new dragons and remember their names, too.

At the mention of queens, Eusabvieth raised a scaly eyebrow. You mean the Gold Dragons? What makes them so very important? He cocked his head to the side with a small smirk. I think all of us dragons are equal enough... but that is simply my opinion.

Figment
Hatchling
Figment
Hatchling

Feb 18 2018, 10:17 AM #7

A'ron of Bronze Tymareth

The young woman looked a bit confused when he witdrew the wine from her and he smiled lightly to take the sting out of the gesture and to asure her he hadn't meant it as a way to offend her. Young dragons simply were so sensitive to their riders mental state and he sure and shards didn't want to get Ael riding his ass for letting one of his weyrlings over enduldge in wine.

He raised one eyebrow at her as she asked him rather smug smirk, why the paper was still empty. Well it was still empty yes and he glowered at it as he tapped his pen on the table"It's because I am terrible at writing down my thoughts and feelings or a letter to my sister who is 800 turns dead.." it came out rather bitter and he ran a hand across his face with a sigh."I'm sorry I'm... a bit frustrated by the entire exercise...".

He reached for the pitcher of wine and poured himself a glass, downing it one go, earning himself a displeased rumbled from the enormous bronze dragon currently occupying part of the meeting hall." Oh hush you.." his rider grouched back at him before turning to Kiraya once more " To say something is bothering me would be an understatement" he told her quite honestly, giving her a sad disarming smile" Don't worry about it though.. it should fix itself in time... and if it doesnt... well.. none of us will be able to do anything about it anyway".

Meanwhile Tymareth was looking at the white pearl dragon like he had grown an extra head when he asked him what was so important about gold dragons. Completely lost for words was the great bronze in fact that only a choked little noise escaped him before he finally regained some level of composure.

What so important..they are the queens! they lay the eggs! they lead the weyr! they command all dragons! He was practically shouting now in what was clearly outrage. His eyes spinning a rapid yellow and red. Causing even his rider to look up in alarm. "Whoa Tymareth!" he called out even as the bronze was getting to his feet wings mantelling. He looked at Kiraya wide eyed" what did your dragon tell him?".

Jail Rose
Candidate
Jail Rose
Candidate

Feb 20 2018, 11:30 AM #8

Kiraya tilted her head, eyebrows furrowed in worry. Whatever this guy had gone through, it's bad. And one of them was his dead sister, 800 turns gone from him. She nodded in understanding when he described how horrible he was at inscribing his own thoughts. "Yeah, me too. I don't really do good at writing down my own thoughts to myself. I rather share opinions or thoughts with others." She stated, then glanced back down at the paper.

She raised an eyebrow once he said how frustrated he was about this whole exercise. "Wait, if you're so annoyed with it, why are you doing it, anyway?" She questioned, then turned to a different statement without waiting for an answer from him. She then turned back at him with a consoling smile. "Don't worry about it, though. The wounds will heal over time. I'm... sure of it." She told him in a soothing tone.

Meanwhile, Eusabvieth was still conversing with Tymareth, but things started to get a little awry. The white pearl dragon could feel cold sweat run through him as the dragon started ranting about what the gold dragons can really do. He chuckled nervously, shrinking in his spot. Ah, ahahahah... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you mad... He said shakily, his nervous chuckles emerging out of his mouth as he glanced at Tymareth with an apologetic look.

Kiraya's head perked up when the man asked her about what Eusabvieth had been saying to his dragon. She turned to the direction of the dragons and glared daggers at the pearl dragon. Now what did you do to offend the bronze dragon? She asked sternly.

Eusabvieth turned his head to Kiraya and smiled nervously at her. N-Nothing! I was just telling him that all dragons are equal with the golds! I never thought he'd freak out this way!

So you insulted the gold dragons and made him angry. Way to kill the atmosphere.

Look, I'm sorry okay?! I didn't really mean any of this, Kiraya!

Figment
Hatchling
Figment
Hatchling

Feb 21 2018, 09:22 PM #9

A'ron of bronze Tymareth

" Hmm well talking to others isn't always an option.." he told her quite seriously" Especially when you would be placing a burden on them as well..". He couldn't quitte deny that Kiraya had a point though. Sometimes talking to others could be a relief and offer new perspectives on a situation. But the only one he could think to bother with this would be Ariacelli. But being a bronze rider people would start making assumptions.

"Ah they're not so much wounds but walls I keep walking into because of this time and our situation.. but I suppose I'll learn the locations of all these walls eventually and walk around them instead.. to stick to the methaphors of course" he told her, raising his empty glass at her in salute.

Tymareth for his part had practically started looming over the smaller white dragon, all righteous fury and it was about time he stepped in before the bronze actually decided to lean on the poor weyrling. A dragon of Tymareth was trully terrifying when they were angry and he couldn't blame the smaller dragon for being nervous.

So he interposed himself between the dragons and grabbed tymareth great nose, staring into the balefully spinning red eyes" let it go Tymareth... he's a weyrling.. you're terrorising him". [color= #895A00] But he..[/color]."I don't care!go fly it off!" the bronze rider told the dragon. The bronze snarled, baring his not unimpressive row of very sharp teeth at his unimpressed rider before bareling out of the room and out through the door.

" Sorry about that... he can be terribly petty.. word of advice though" He told Kiraya and her dragon as he sat back down in his seat, looking at them with very serious amber eyes. "Don't bring up the queens around the bronzes if you have nothing but their praises to sing... its generally the bronze dragons that mate with them...".He grimaced"They can get very prickly and irrational about it.. even the most gentle of them.