Arpie
Three Gold Stars
Three Gold Stars

January 3rd, 2018, 2:27 pm #451

That dented effect is superb, cracking T34.
2017 Bought:Built 2:6

pwt32
Silver Star
Silver Star
pwt32
Silver Star
Silver Star

January 7th, 2018, 4:39 pm #452

Thanks Guys! My next build...
Reggiane Re.2000 Falco Series I
2 Sezione (Section), 377 Squadrilia Autonomo (Independent Squadron)
Palermo Sicily, 1942
The Re.2000 was the first of a series of Italian fighter aircraft produced by the Reggiane subsidiary of the Caproni group. The Re.2000 arrived too late to compete in the 1938 contest to find a new fighter for the Regia Aeronautica and only a very small number entered Italian service. At first Caproni was going to build licensed American aircraft, but instead they produced a semi-original aircraft heavily based on the Seversky P-35. The Reggiane design retained the fuselage and wings of the P-35.  The main Italian user of the Re.2000 was the 23rd Gruppo Autonomo (Independent Group). In July 1941 the experimental section was upgraded to full squadron status as the 377th Squadriglia Autonomo Caccia Terrestre (Independent Land-Based Fighter Squadron), equipped with thirteen Re.2000s. This unit operated the aircraft from Sicily and North Africa until September 1942. This design eventually became the Re-2001 model when mated with an inline engine of German design. 
This was a nice super model kit with good detail throughout. Its a quick build with some fit problems around the wings and lower fuselage. I used a set of Sky decals which silvered badly on the insignia. 

More pictures here
Paul ---> Portfolio Workbench
"I feel the need - the need for speed!"

FAAMAN
Silver Bar
Silver Bar

January 7th, 2018, 9:37 pm #453

Beautifully done 😍
" .... mmmmm, the smell of plastic glue, there's so much dried on my fingers I can't feel anything ....... but I finally got this kit finished!!!! "
My Portfolio

huib
Silver Star
Silver Star

January 10th, 2018, 2:15 pm #454

Very nice work on the Reggiane, Paul!

lof03
Gold & Bronze Stars
Gold & Bronze Stars

January 14th, 2018, 10:47 am #455

Well done Paul, the camouflage looks great.
Modelling Intentionally.
Portfolio Workbench

Arpie
Three Gold Stars
Three Gold Stars

January 28th, 2018, 1:51 am #456

Excellent work 👍
2017 Bought:Built 2:6

pwt32
Silver Star
Silver Star
pwt32
Silver Star
Silver Star

February 2nd, 2018, 7:59 pm #457

Thanks!

pwt32
Silver Star
Silver Star
pwt32
Silver Star
Silver Star

February 2nd, 2018, 8:01 pm #458

1978 Pontiac Trans Am
Modified to look like the Trans Am from the movie "Smokey and the Bandit"

I used the kit decals (which were terrible) on this vintage kit. I added a CB antenna up top and used a hat from a cowboy figure to have Bandit's hat on the front seat. The interior is done as the special gold interior as on the movie car. I was not successful in getting some flocking, so I used fine sand to create a carpet texture on the floor and rear deck (remind me to never do that again!). 

More pictures here

wingnutmike
Gold & Silver Stars
Gold & Silver Stars

February 2nd, 2018, 9:29 pm #459

A couple of great builds Paul. I liked building the Super Models/Alitaleri models too.
Mike

pwt32
Silver Star
Silver Star
pwt32
Silver Star
Silver Star

February 6th, 2018, 3:50 pm #460

Death Guard Foetid Bloat-drone

Know No Fear table top game

The Foetid Bloat-drone is designed to provide aerial combat support for the forces of the Death Guard Traitor Legion. Laboring through the air on buzzing turbines, the Bloat-drone drifts towards the enemy like an armoured plague fly. Clad in rusting plates of rot-iron armor, their hulls overflowing with flabby foulness, Foetid Bloat-drones can withstand ferocious amounts of punishment and still keep fighting. They are designed to hover in close, drifting lazily through the most treacherous of terrain to provide supporting fire. Many Foetid Bloat-drones are equipped with a pair of Plaguespitters. As the Drone floats over the battlefield, its trailing pipes and tubules suckle rot and filth to fuel these revolting weapons. The Bloat-drone slurps up diseased innards and maggot-thick mud until its putrid flesh is straining and pulsating, refining a hideous cocktail of hyper-concentrated toxic slime. Then, with a disgusting spasm of regurgitation, the drone squirts the resultant soup through its Plaguespitters, spraying it in great fans across the foe. No cover or defense can protect the target from this lethal rain of filth. Victims find their bodies convulsing and twisting in the grip of a thousand maladies, rotting and bloating until they collapse into a heap of decaying, highly-infectious matter. Many are still screaming when they do.

Games workshop provides intricate models as part of its Warhammer series of table top games. The bloat drone is one of there better models with intricate details. While not complicated to build (it was only 15 parts), the model comes alive with how you paint it. I loosely followed some online tutorials but deviated to use colors that looked right for me. I used Citadel and Model air paints and all painting was done with a brush or sponge. I enjoyed this model and it took roughly 20 hours to paint over 3 days. I also used a pack of Citadel skulls and some small grass tufts to enhance the base. 

More Pictures here

McJaffa
Blue Star
Blue Star

February 6th, 2018, 5:54 pm #461

Very different and very nice.

FAAMAN
Silver Bar
Silver Bar

February 6th, 2018, 10:43 pm #462

That's a lot of work, great finish 😎😍
" .... mmmmm, the smell of plastic glue, there's so much dried on my fingers I can't feel anything ....... but I finally got this kit finished!!!! "
My Portfolio

pwt32
Silver Star
Silver Star
pwt32
Silver Star
Silver Star

February 10th, 2018, 2:03 pm #463

Built for the Crusader GB...

Airfix 1/76 Crusader Tank Mk.III

6th Armored Division, Tunisia, 1942

The Crusader was one of the primary British cruiser tanks during the early part of the Second World War. Over 5,000 tanks were manufactured and they made important contributions to the British victories during the North African Campaign. The Crusader I tank entered service in 1941, but was lightly armored and under-armed. Armour thickness increased with the Crusader II variant, but the main armament remained the 2 pounder (40mm) main gun. The Crusader III was fitted with a 6 pounder (57mm) main gun and this variant was more than a match for the mid-generation German Panzer III and Panzer IV tanks. The Crusader was to prove vital during the Battles of El Alamein, Tobruk and in Tunisia. It did not see service service beyond Africa, but the chassis of the tank was modified to create anti-aircraft, fire support, observation, communication, bulldozer and recovery vehicle variants.

This was a nice Airfix kit with good detail and the option to build a Mk.II or Mk.III variant. The fit is tight under the side skirts so make sure all your wheels and tracks are aligned. I replaced the solid light gaurds with wire and added a fuel line to the fuel tank. I used Tamiya, Mig and Citadel paints and pigments to paint and weather the tank. No Antenna's are provided - I added mine using floral wire. The tarps and rolls are resin items from Value Gear. The kits decals were badly yellowed but I salvaged the a all black 6th armored markings and used some scrap tank numbers in place of the kit decals. 

More pictures here

lof03
Gold & Bronze Stars
Gold & Bronze Stars

February 10th, 2018, 4:43 pm #464

Nice additions Paul, the bloat drone looks like a lot of fun but of course the Crusader is my favourite.
Modelling Intentionally.
Portfolio Workbench

FAAMAN
Silver Bar
Silver Bar

February 10th, 2018, 10:23 pm #465

Excellent Crusader 😍😎
My Portfolio