18 June 1815 Waterloo

Ratch
Site Owner

December 9th, 2017, 4:10 pm #1

Some of you have asked to see where I am with my figures (in a diorama/wargaming setting). So today I laid out those I have completed so far...

An overview

French Old Guard and Cuirassiers advancing

The Emperor viewing his artillery, sappers and Carabiniers

La Haye Saint defended by the 95th

The Dutch advance

Highland squares and the KGL screening

Prussians support the British Hussars

Whynyates Rocket Troop tucked behind the squares

These pictures are in a temporary file and will be lost eventually.
Living the dream
My Portfolio
My current Workbench

December 9th, 2017, 8:32 pm #2

Nice. Good job.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

wingnutmike
Gold & Silver Stars
Gold & Silver Stars

December 9th, 2017, 10:39 pm #3

Very nice Ratch, have you got the 1812 overture blasting away in the background?
Mike

danny_1960
Silver Star
Silver Star

December 10th, 2017, 12:03 am #4

Wow! 😨 Impressive, Ratch! I see you have a carpet that looks like a battlefield? Now, I understand why you do those great bases for you soldiers... 🤔 Do you have kids or grandsons to play with? I have none to play here... 😟 Maybe just my dog, but he plays dirty and eats my soldiers.
Anyway, I say that Airfix Waterloo Building marks the difference, as center of the action (as in the real Battle).

danny_1960
Silver Star
Silver Star

December 10th, 2017, 12:11 am #5

Have you developed some rules for playing or -as in my case- you move the different groups until the last man is alive? You know, when I was a kid, my house had big rooms, so the battle was big and bloody, destroying hundreds of men and dozens of tanks, guns, and horses. My God! Today, I should play under the bed... 😟

wingnutmike
Gold & Silver Stars
Gold & Silver Stars

December 10th, 2017, 6:05 am #6

danny_1960 wrote: Have you developed some rules for playing or -as in my case- you move the different groups until the last man is alive? You know, when I was a kid, my house had big rooms, so the battle was big and very, destroying hundreds of men and dozens of tanks, guns, and horses. My God! Today, I should play under the bed... 😟
I think Rose might have something to say about that if you did Daniel. Actually how, does wargaming work?
Mike

Ratch
Site Owner

December 10th, 2017, 8:44 am #7

Thanks for your interest guys. Yes Danny I have two grandsons, the younger, Lewis, is particularly interested in my figures. I also have the AIRFIX magazine guide 4 Napoleonic Wargaming ISBN 0 85059 178 3, and it was when I read this that I decided upon this project. I may have to simplify the rules somewhat (at least to start with) 😗
Living the dream
My Portfolio
My current Workbench

danny_1960
Silver Star
Silver Star

December 10th, 2017, 2:08 pm #8

Mike wrote:I think Rose might have something to say about that if you did Daniel. Actually how, does wargaming work?
😜 Ha, ha! Certainly, Mike
When we were childs we play wargames with no rules. I used to change the "pretty" dead soldiers -those firing, for example- by the "ugly" others -some running  with their rifles in one hand, or so on... But in a multiplayer wargame you can't do that, or you're going to be in big trouble. I think in a method of changing cards with your opponents, describing your next move and having a pack of red (Destiny) and green (Luck) cards like in the Monopoly for somehow ruling the events... I don't play that way in my solo wargames, because it's not funny. 🤔