The Three Word Minimum ~ Images ~ And Sharing ~

11:42 PM - Jun 07, 2013 #1

It doesn’t sound like much does it? Three words, it’s not really and yet we all sometimes post less. It may be in a title or a reply, but it happens. No one has ever been warned or banned over it. It’s not the end of the world and it’s not going to change the balance of power in the universe.

So why do we have a three word minimum rule?

I tried to share a post somewhere the other day and there weren’t enough letters in the Title so I had to go and edit it so I could share it. That’s one reason. Lets think about the people who use the forum, members and guests. The point is to get people to come here and stay here reading as many posts as possible because that helps us succeed. The truth is three words is too short and it’s boring. We can all do better. I’m only asking you to participate in your own success. I’m guilty too, I went back and checked, I have well over 600 posts and in three of them my title is less than three words. I’m going to do better though and I’m asking the members to do better too. Try to get conversations going with the other members. Engage the people who come to read the posts as guests.

We have a topic called “The Post That Never Ends ~ Or The Continuing Story By Everyone That Writes Next ~” and so far only three people have posted on it but it’s open to all of the members. Just take it serious even though the point is to have fun. That post has the second highest number of views on the forum. People are coming back to read the newest replies on it over and over whenever they see new ones have been posted. I’ve invited members to join in several times, so jump in and become part of the story line.

Our tracking software shows that when people come to Affiliforums they read an average of 9 posts. People get their favorite posters and come and read their posts repeatedly. Cecelia, Dennis, Nathanial and I are perfect examples of that, partly because we post often, but also because of the images we post and the way we engage the reader and each other. I posted two posts that have the highest number of views on the forum.

Don’t you want your post to be some of the posts that people read?

Images, I know we have a 350 x 350 minimum, but if you check the BBC Code post in the “New Members” forum you’ll see there is a way to post a large image and make it appear small. When people click on it it gets bigger. I almost never post anything taller than 275 or wider than 250 anymore because it won’t share to Facebook, but I do post larger images and shrink them with the BBC Code and you are welcome to do that. Just be sure to tell people to click the image to make it bigger. That way we can all post smaller images and when there is text or detail that only appear in larger images we can have it both ways.

Affiliforums is all about success, the members helping each other succeed. Join as many of the sites that you can, that have Share Buttons at the top and bottom of the forum. Post your topic and then share it as many places as you can. Then find some posts that you haven’t replied to and reply. Then share them on as many sites as you can. If you do that then the other members will do it for you and you will multiply your efforts many times over. Imagine if you did that for five other members and then they did it for you. It would be like six people doing your posting instead of only one. If you share my posts, I’ll share yours. I reach a lot of people when I share, how many do you reach? How many can we reach together? Think about it….

Last edited by Wayne Miller on 1:03 PM - Mar 05, 2016, edited 3 times in total.

12:32 AM - Jun 08, 2013 #2

Hi Wayne,

I think I thought you meant that we had to have a minimum of 3 words in our post. Now, I understand that we need to have a minimum of 3 words in the Title of our posts and also inside the post too.

Thanks for clearing that up. I believe I have been guilty of not always having 3 words in the title. Thanks for not kicking me out over that mistake. Now that I know, I will be sure to have at least 3 words in both the title and the post.

I also appreciate you giving us the tip on using the BB Code to make an image small in the post and then the reader can click to make it larger for ease of reading! Looks like I need to reduce the size of my images again. I was making them 290 pixels as the biggest dimension. Now I will take that down to 275 pixels.

I try to share every new post that I find. I hope everybody does this. It helps us all!

Thank you for all you and Nathanial do for all of us!

Cecelia McCarty

12:50 AM - Jun 08, 2013 #3

The rule was always meant for post content. The addition to the titles is new and I may not have always had titles that include three words. However we have always required three words for posts, replies and threads because posting anything less it tantamount to SPAM (Stupid Pointless Annoying Message). If you can't contribute something constructive to the conversation then don't reply. It's really not that hard. How difficult is it to write three words of original, relevant content?

6:07 PM - Jun 26, 2013 #4

Good to know. Thanks.

6:02 PM - Jul 27, 2013 #5

ceceliam wrote:Hi Wayne,

I think I thought you meant that we had to have a minimum of 3 words in our post. Now, I understand that we need to have a minimum of 3 words in the Title of our posts and also inside the post too.

Thanks for clearing that up. I believe I have been guilty of not always having 3 words in the title. Thanks for not kicking me out over that mistake. Now that I know, I will be sure to have at least 3 words in both the title and the post.

I also appreciate you giving us the tip on using the BB Code to make an image small in the post and then the reader can click to make it larger for ease of reading! Looks like I need to reduce the size of my images again. I was making them 290 pixels as the biggest dimension. Now I will take that down to 275 pixels.

I try to share every new post that I find. I hope everybody does this. It helps us all!

Thank you for all you and Nathanial do for all of us!

Cecelia McCarty
Ok thanks. Good information.