The Many Faces Of Santa Claus ~

November 20th, 2013, 5:06 am #1

Well the holiday season is in full swing so I thought I would start a thread about Santa pictures we thought were cool and talk about them a bit, just to get into the Christmas mood a little bit :) .

Click the image to enlarge it.

I found this pic on DeviantArt and really thought it was cool. I love how long his beard is and how straight they make it look. I also thought it was interesting that they gave him antlers on his hat instead of making him wear the traditional hat/hood we always see on him. His robes and cane also make him look rather lordly :) .

November 20th, 2013, 8:59 pm #2

here is Santa playing the guitar. i can only imagine that the holidays are over and he is celebrating by playing a few of his favorite songs. he just looks so jolly.

November 21st, 2013, 6:10 am #3

@JoLee: That's awesome :)

I really like the gold stitching on Santa's jacket on this one.

November 21st, 2013, 7:22 am #4

Hi JoLee and Nathanial,
Awesome pictures every one ~
I can see this is going to be a great thread ~
I know there must be 175 million great Santa pictures out there ~
I really liked this one ~ He looks happy and Santa like, all ready for Christmas ~
I'm looking forward to seeing all the great Santa pictures that get posted here ~
It's a happy thing ~

Last edited by Wayne Miller on November 21st, 2013, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 21st, 2013, 8:35 pm #5

i really like this Santa. it seems to me that the animals are naturally attracted to his christmas spirit and i love that! the red birds and the squirrel in his pocket are especially good to me.

November 22nd, 2013, 5:24 am #6

I know this one is just a sketch but honestly I really dig this guy's beard lol.
Last edited by Nathanial on December 26th, 2015, 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

November 30th, 2013, 2:18 am #7

I love this Santa because it is just so child-like. It makes me want to have fun with Santa and his little big nosed reindeer.

@Nathanial: That Santa's beard is so awesome!
Last edited by Glados on December 1st, 2013, 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 1st, 2013, 4:31 am #8

My Favorite Santa Of All Time ~

Click the image to enlarge it ~

JoLee and Nathanial,
Those are some great Santa pictures and I like them all ~

This is my Favorite Santa of all time though ~

This is how I got it and Why it it’s my favorite ~
Years ago I had a really terrible job in a newspaper ~
I worked all night doing fourteen hour shifts for $2.30 an
hour, the floor was concrete and it was always cold. My feet
would crack and bleed, the work was hard and I always had paper cuts ~

I jogged newspapers (stacked) and loaded the paper on the presses in
huge rolls called dinks and I put the ink in the troughs, the only decent
part of my job was working with the litho plates ~

The pages of the newspaper were put on sheets of aluminum in reverse because it
was coated with a material that made it act like film. I printed and bent the litho plates
and put them on huge rollers in the presses and they would print the newspaper ~

Many rolls of paper ran through the presses known as a web, getting printed into pages and
coming out the other end to be split, folded and collated into a newspaper, which I would then
stack and bundle in a bundler which wrapped string around the bundle. Then I'd stack the bundles
on pallets to be shipped out to fill all the different newspaper machines and racks in the small town
where I lived and the surrounding areas ~

My boss was a tyrant and the other people I worked with were lazy. I worked very hard and lived for
the day when I could find another job and leave the smell of the ink and noise of the web behind ~

I had just gotten married and adapted a son. I was waiting for a sales position in another company to
open up and I really needed that job, but I hated every minute of every day that I worked there ~

That winter was particularly hard, I didn’t have a car so I rode a bike to work. Just before Christmas
the Christmas ads started coming out and this Santa was in one of them ~

After the papers were printed I cut Santa from the litho plate, cleaned the ink off of him, wrapped him
in newspaper, tucked him into my heavy winter coat and rode him home on my bike through the snow ~

He was the only good thing that ever came out of that job other than the fact that I found out how much I
could endure to make a living. That was 28 years ago and every year since then Santa has held a prestigious
position somewhere in our home presiding over Christmas ~

Whenever I look at Santa I think about how I saved him from being melted down and in a way I think he helped
save me too. I can’t really tell you how happy I am that we have had Christmas together all these years ~

I love this Santa ~

Last edited by Wayne Miller on December 1st, 2013, 5:01 am, edited 6 times in total.

December 2nd, 2013, 3:34 am #9

Boy Wayne,

I can completely understand why this is your favorite Santa Clause.

I have never had any job that I hated that much or that caused me such physical pain and suffering. I do have to admire you for sticking it out to put a roof over your families head and food on the table though.

I like to personalize my Santa Clause into a kindly gent, which is why I show him feeding his reindeer by hand.

I also like to fantasize about Santa Clause flying through the night with his reindeer pulling his famous sled to keep his appointed rounds.

I wish you and all mankind Peace on Earth and Goodwill towards men!

Cecelia McCarty

December 3rd, 2013, 2:57 am #10

You really can't really see everything going on with this awesome picture at this scale so please click the image to view a larger version. This is one really awesome Santa picture!
Last edited by Nathanial on December 16th, 2015, 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.