The Best Ever Goulash

Ingredients
2 lbs lean ground beef
2 medium yellow onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 cups water
2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning (I didn't use this)
3 bay leaves (I didn't use this either)
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp salt
2 cups elbow macaroni (uncooked)

*I added garlic powder, seasoning salt, and a little pepper to mine.

Instructions
In large pot, cook ground beef over medium heat until browned, spoon off any extra grease.
Add onion and garlic, saute until transparent.
Add 3 cups of water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, all seasonings, soy sauce, and bay leaves (if you choose to use them). Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add macaroni and allow to simmer an additional 20 minutes or until tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.

Cecelia McCarty

4:48 AM - Jan 20, 2016 #132

Hi Cecelia,
That Goulash does look great...
I grew up eating it and now you've made me crave some...
Off to the Kitchen *~

First though ...

Breakfast Bowls My Way

Ingredients:
Eggs- 1 dozen or however many you need...
Bacon- 1 pound package or more…
Everything’s better with Bacon… Cook some to serve on the side too *~

Lots of family and friends *~

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Line all of the cups in a muffin pan with slices of bacon
Press the bacon down against the pan

Place the pan in the oven for 7 minutes
Or until Bacon is ALMOST fully cooked or whichever comes first

Do Not Overcook…

Remove from oven and crack one egg directly onto each cup in the pan

Place the tin back in the oven and bake until the eggs are cooked to desired consistency- yolk runny, about 10 minutes; slightly runny, about 12 minutes
Cooked thoroughly, 15 minutes or more

Set the table with Fresh Homemade Salsa

Hot Diced Potatoes

Or Hashbrowns... Or both *~

Include some White and Wheat toast so people can eat what they like

Don’t forget a plate of Homemade English muffins…

Get The Recipe Here
Put spices on the table so people can eat their food the way they like it

Serve the Breakfast Bowls warm from the oven and enjoy *~

Click Here To Read This Entire Discussion

Last edited by Wayne Miller on 6:50 AM - Jan 20, 2016, edited 12 times in total.

4:46 AM - Feb 02, 2016 #133

YUM, YUM, I sure do love Barbeque!

How about some BARBEQUED RIBS MADE IN YOUR SLOW COOKER

INGREDIENTS
• 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 3 1/2 lb pork loin back ribs
• 1 medium onion, sliced
• 1/2 cup cola carbonated beverage
• 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce

Directions
Spray inside of 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix brown sugar, salt and pepper; rub mixture onto ribs, coating both sides.
Cut ribs into 8 sections, about 3 ribs each.
Layer ribs and onion in slow cooker. Pour cola over ribs. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until tender. Remove ribs from slow cooker. Discard liquid and onion slices.
Set oven control to broil. Spray broiler pan with cooking spray. Pour barbecue sauce into shallow bowl. Dip ribs into sauce, coating both sides. Place ribs on broiler pan, rib side down. Broil with tops of ribs 3 inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes, just until sauce sets up on ribs. Turn ribs, and broil 3 to 5 minutes longer, just until sauce begins to caramelize. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce.

Cecelia McCarty

5:25 AM - Feb 02, 2016 #134

Hi Cecelia, That looks So Good, I almost feel bad posting about this. Awhile back I dated this guy who was a vegetarian. He said he wanted to cook me dinner and I was like “BLAHHHHHHH”. Sooooo, I let him do it and it was freaking awesome, which totally surprised me. So we dated for a while and then he wanted me to cook him dinner and I was all “I don’t know how to cook vegan”. So he told me to buy this vegan cookbook and he emailed me the link. I don’t always want to eat beef or pork or if I do it’s in small portions, so I bought the book and started trying the recipes. I’m never going all vegan, but sometimes I do cook some of these things. Sometimes I add meat to them and sometimes I don’t, but having the choice is pretty cool because to be honest with you I don’t know how to cook a lot of different stuff. Long story short, he turned out to be a real jerk so I dumped veggieman and kept the book. Anyway if you’re interested in the book, here’s the link.
The Link

Last edited by Julie on 11:18 AM - Apr 29, 2016, edited 8 times in total.

9:26 AM - Feb 10, 2016 #135

Hi Everyone, I posted this in the discussion “Books, Magazines And Newspapers”, but I thought I should have posted it here instead. Anyway, I talked to Wayne and he said to just post it here too!!!!! YAY :P

One day I was eating fast food with my daughter and to tell you the truth, it wasn’t that good. I mentioned it to her and she said she thought so too. Then she said she was kind of missing my cooking. I want to be a good mother, but I had been feeling guilty because we were always eating at fast food restaurants :$ It just seemed like I couldn't find or make the time to cook regular meals :'( :( :'(

Even before that night I had been thinking that I wanted to spend more quality time with her. That just made me think about it even more ^o) ^o) ^o)

Then one Saturday I was talking to one of my girlfriends in my networking group, I mentioned it to her (we both have teenage daughters) and she told me that she used to feel the same way until she bought this book called "Frugal Mom's Guide To Once A Month Cooking”. When she said that, I was thinking "That’s not going to work for me"!!!!! Because I’m not very good at being frugal :'( However, she started telling me how badly she wanted to spend more time with her two kids but she knew that meant changing the way they were eating. Someone she knows told her about the book, so she bought it thinking that it was going to have a bunch of recipes that they wouldn’t eat. Then she started telling me that she was able to use things from the book that gave her more time with her kids. She said that she started cooking with them instead of eating out and that she was still able to make the foods that they liked to eat. Then she told me that she had saved enough money in the first month to pay for the book and more. When she said that I started paying attention :O I was really missing my cooking. I knew I was spending way too much money on restaurants and fast food, so I got her to give me the link and I bought the book. I was really skeptical, but it only cost a few dollars, so I decided to try it with an open mind. The coolest part is, my girlfriend was right. I was able to apply the things in the book to my everyday life mostly by just changing the way I shop. We're back to eating the food we like and it’s healthier too ^_^ This is the best part though!!!!! The other night my daughter gave me a big hug. Then she said she really likes cooking with me and she likes being able to stay at home and eat the meals we cook together :P :P :P That made me so happy that I started crying!!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: If you want to know that feeling too, here's the link, get the book!!!!!! :D :) :D
Go Here

Last edited by Courtney on 11:08 AM - Feb 11, 2016, edited 6 times in total.

12:58 AM - Feb 15, 2016 #136

Here is something fast and easy and oh so yummy from the above book!

Easy Cheesy Sausage Tortellini

Ingredients
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 lb smoked turkey sausage (or other sausage of your choice)
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ¾ cup chicken broth
• 1 cup tomato sauce (or your favorite spaghetti or marinara sauce)
• ½ cup regular or heavy cream
• 9 oz tortellini
• salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until just starting to smoke. Add sausage and cook until well browned, about 3-4 minutes per side. Add garlic and stir until golden and fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add broth, tomato sauce, cream, tortellini, and salt and pepper and stir to combine until simmering and bubbly.
3. Cover and simmer over low heat for 12 minutes until tortellini are tender and heated through. Enjoy!! :)
Makes: 4 servings.

Cecelia McCarty

4:59 AM - Feb 26, 2016 #137

Hi cecelia,
That Tortellini Recipe looks great
There are two things I know about food
One is that everything's better with bacon
The other is nothing says culinary satisfaction like sausage
Mix in some pasta and you have a winning combination *~

Last edited by Wayne Miller on 4:59 AM - Feb 26, 2016, edited 1 time in total.

5:06 AM - Feb 26, 2016 #138

Hi Wayne,

I agree, I do like pasta with sausage with a nice
brown sauce - Yummy!

Make this and you have the filling for tacos and burritos
for days!

I bet you will LOVE IT!

Mexican Beef & Rice Casserole

What You Need

•1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
•1-1/2 cups KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA, divided
•1 pkg. (1 oz.) TACO BELL® Taco Seasoning Mix
•1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
•1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, peas)
•1 can (14.5 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
•1 cup TACO BELL® Thick & Chunky Medium Salsa
•1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
Make It
•Heat oven to 375ºF.
•Brown meat in large nonstick skillet; drain. Reserve 1 cup cheese. Add remaining cheese and all remaining ingredients to meat in skillet; mix well.
•Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; cover.
•Bake 40 to 50 min. or until rice is tender. Top with reserved cheese; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until melted.

Cecelia McCarty
Last edited by Cecelia McCarty on 2:50 AM - Feb 27, 2016, edited 3 times in total.

4:11 AM - Feb 27, 2016 #139

Hot Dog Bun Pancakes With Eggs *~

Hi Cecelia,
That Mexican Beef & Rice Casserole looks really good
I always say "Cook once... Eat twice" That recipe has it covered
Thank you for sharing it with us *~

Hot Dog Bun Pancakes With Eggs *~

If you don’t already know me… I’m Wayne Miller *~
I’ve searched all over the Internet and I can’t find any mention of Hot Dog Bun Pancakes anywhere.
Therefore… I’m claiming that I invented the concept. I know as soon as I publish this post, someone will come forward and claim that they’ve been making them for years. In any case, I have the first published recipe for them on the Internet.

This is a dish that people who live alone are going to love if they love Pancakes.
If you’re like me, you love Pancakes and enjoy eating them with an egg on top.
Then this is a recipe you are going to really love…

Before I go any further, I want to say that even though I love Pancakes and Eggs.
I live alone, I don’t like to do dishes, and it doesn’t make sense to me to make a lot of Pancake Batter.
I do not like to wash a plate covered in Maple Syrup and Egg yolk. I like to eat my Pancakes and Eggs
on a paper plate covered in aluminum foil. When I’m done eating I crumple up the the foil and
recycle it with my cans then I dispose of the plate… Done *~

On with the recipe *~

Preheat a frying pan to a medium high heat.
Place an open Hot Dog bun on your aluminum foil covered plate and flatten it until both sides are the same thickness. Then spread a thin layer of butter or margarine on both sides.
Place the bun in the frying pan and toast until you can’t hear the butter or margarine sizzle any longer.
That side will be toasted and it’s time to flip it and toast the other side.

When both sides are toasted, put it back on your plate, butter it more if desired and cover with syrup.

The pan will still be hot so fry one or two Eggs, put them on your Hot Dog Bun Pancake, cover them with syrup too.

Then enjoy *~

Last edited by Wayne Miller on 5:09 AM - Feb 27, 2016, edited 10 times in total.

3:47 AM - Feb 28, 2016 #140

Thanks for explaining what you did and how you did it
for your delicious hot dog bun pancakes Wayne!

Me, I like to cook once and eat many times. I am
also a Mexican food lover.

Here is my easy to make Stacked Enchiladas!

STACKED ENCHILADA CASSEROLE WITH HOME MADE RED SAUCE

RED ENCHILADA SAUCE
This homemade red enchilada sauce is WAY better than anything you can buy in the can, and quick and easy to make as well!
PREP: 5 MINS COOK: 15 MINS TOTAL: 20 MINS
INGREDIENTS:
• 2 Tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
• 2 Tbsp. all-purpose or gluten-free flour
• 4 Tbsp. chili powder (*not cayenne! also, see note below if you do not like heat*)
• 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. cumin
• 1/4 tsp. oregano
• 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock

DIRECTIONS:
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour and stir together over the heat for one minute. Stir in the remaining seasonings (chili powder through oregano). Then gradually add in the stock, whisking constantly to remove lumps. Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes until thick.

Use immediately or refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.

*I consider this sauce pretty mild. But if you are wary about heat/spice in your sauce, I would begin with 2 tablespoons chili powder and add more from there once the sauce has reached a simmer if you'd like.

Again, I am using chili powder for this recipe, not cayenne. From the comments, it sounds as though chili powders vary from country to country. But the traditional American chili powder is fairly mild, and should not be overly spicy.

To make the enchiladas, you’re basically going to literally stack the ingredients however you’d like. I usually do a layer of enchilada sauce, then tortillas…then black beans and corn (or whatever other ingredients you’d like) then green (or sauted diced yellow) onions and shredded cooked chicken…then your cheese. And then repeat two more times, so that you have three layers.

I then finish the enchiladas with a layer of tortillas topped with enchilada sauce. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 20 minutes. Then uncover and sprinkle with a little more cheese, and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted.

Then pile on your favorite toppings, like avocado, fresh cilantro and more green onions. Sour cream might also be lovely.

Cecelia McCarty