Post WW2 Fiat CR 32 marking query...

Post WW2 Fiat CR 32 marking query...

October 20th, 2010, 7:00 am #1

Greetings gentlemen one and all,
Could someone possibly scan a profile of a Fiat Chirri in post WW2 markings
with the aircraft wearing the later red/yellow/red roundels?
The only photo I found in this scheme is too poor as to be able to see any marking details.
Also I wish to know if the basic camouflage changed on these Spanish built Chirri fighters after 1945 from the Regia Aeronautica type camouflage to perhaps a grey scheme or RLM 02 as used on the two seater trainer version of the Chirris?

Thank you kindly in advance.

Wayne Mckinnon

Juan Millan
Juan Millan

October 20th, 2010, 8:41 am #2

From the Book "Las unidades y el Material del Ejercito del Aire durante la Segunda Guerra Mundial. J.L.Glez,Serrano.Ed.Quiron.

Profile, drawn in the italian way, even with real italian paints.Circa 1940 aprox.

Two shots, same book. Archivo.Azaola.

A Hispano made, HA 1132 ,in my opinion green of unknown origin and tone over sand.(SHYCA).

A Hispano made HA-1132 in the original colour "as is",in the 60´s before restoration.Unknown source.

The serial number is a fake, trying to imitate the Morato plane in the Civil war.

More Hispano made shots available on request, some of then in silver finish.

Greetings from Spain.

Juan

Last edited by leocadio on October 20th, 2010, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Juan Millan
Juan Millan

October 20th, 2010, 8:45 am #3

Juan.

October 20th, 2010, 8:43 pm #4

From the Book "Las unidades y el Material del Ejercito del Aire durante la Segunda Guerra Mundial. J.L.Glez,Serrano.Ed.Quiron.

Profile, drawn in the italian way, even with real italian paints.Circa 1940 aprox.

Two shots, same book. Archivo.Azaola.

A Hispano made, HA 1132 ,in my opinion green of unknown origin and tone over sand.(SHYCA).

A Hispano made HA-1132 in the original colour "as is",in the 60´s before restoration.Unknown source.

The serial number is a fake, trying to imitate the Morato plane in the Civil war.

More Hispano made shots available on request, some of then in silver finish.

Greetings from Spain.

Juan

request scans of these silver painted Hispano Chirris of which you refer to.
Your generosity is very much appreciated.

Warmest wishes from Canada.

Wayne