Where do I go from here?

Archives of old threads rescued from the General board.

Where do I go from here?

November 9th, 2003, 2:00 am #1

Firstly I must thank "jennyb" for her heartfelt account of her last 23 years with BPI... it's nice - if that's the right word - to know someone else is going through the same sort of things as I have in the last 8 years, as I too was not able to have my nerves re-grafted.
But, back to the reason for this post, recently I was speaking to my pain consultant at my local hospital and he told me of a couple of "new" techniques to combat the pain.
The 1st was a simple operation involving placing a "sponge-like" block in the shoulder capsule which is soaked in anesthetic which is "topped-up" every few months.This appears to be similar to the ganglion blocks that are done at Stanmore... which do not work with me.
The 2nd is new to me so I would be grateful for any input from anyone who has either heard of or even had the treatment.
This involves placing what can only be described as a pace-maker at the base of the neck with electrodes going to the Brachial Plexus roots and thus stimulating them.
My pain consultant had heard about from a colleague in Essex,but would need to discuss this with Prof. Birch which he did and I was seen 2 weeks later so things seem to be moving especially as I needed to make an appointment for a MRI and as Hinchingbrooke Hospital - my local - has recently had one installed this was organized very quickly, I go for a Cervical Spine scan in a couple of weeks.
Can anyone help with information?

December 31st, 2004, 10:00 pm #2

(This post is missing and can not be restored)

December 31st, 2004, 10:00 pm #3

December 31st, 2004, 10:00 pm #4

December 31st, 2004, 10:00 pm #5

December 31st, 2004, 10:00 pm #6

December 31st, 2004, 10:00 pm #7

December 31st, 2004, 10:00 pm #8

December 31st, 2004, 10:00 pm #9

December 31st, 2004, 10:00 pm #10