ANNUAL MEETING AT SQUIRES!

bungarm2001
bungarm2001

May 1st, 2005, 6:03 pm #1

Finally done a web page with all the details...well, most of 'em anyway...for this year's meeting and social gathering at Squires in August.
Go to the home page on the tbpi websiteand the link to all the info is in the top right hand corner info box.
We had well over 50 people turn up last year, one person came straight off a plane from his holiday to get there on the saturday afternoon! and of course, Court and Ami made it over here from the U.S. of A...hopefully, they will both be back this year? Who can ever forget Courts miming of a certain Madonna song????? Gawd knows what se'll get up to this time...!!!
Anyway, have a look...hoping to see many new faces this year as well as all the old 'uns...we might have a few surprises this year too, if it all works out...!!
Liz
ps as always, anything anyone would like to see/hear/do there let me know....
I feel like I'm angle parked in a parallel universe

May 1st, 2005, 6:26 pm #2

Liz has anyone checked if the access from the A1 has changed with the building of the next by-pass

bungarm2001
bungarm2001

May 1st, 2005, 11:36 pm #3

ahhh...no...good thinking mate...I'll look it up right now!
Liz x
Right...I found this map hope this link works....looks like the road now goes kind of under the A1 now?
Where are all these Yorkshire boys when you need 'em? How's about one of you guys go on a run out to Squires over the weekend and check out the route for us from both south and north? Wouldn't half help....!
Ta peeps xx
I feel like I'm angle parked in a parallel universe

Dave m
Dave m

May 2nd, 2005, 6:18 am #4

Hey up there Liz it's one o them Yorkshire boys here, the A1 has changed and it's a bloody mess just now. Should be ok by August but right now its diversion city. I'll do a trial run from the north and the south and let you guys know if there's anything you should know.
Dave
PS My niece's boyfriend is a DJ and says he woud play at squires if we want him to, he plays a variety of music not just house so could give say saturday night a party feel? Whaddya all think?
PPS anyone thinking of a run through on their bike watch for the cops. Just saw on the news another biker has been killed and north yorks cops are cracking down on bikers, you have been warned!

cbe411
cbe411

May 2nd, 2005, 3:15 pm #5

Thanks for the reminder Liz.... Ill d effo have to come up with something great for this year! I do hope I cna make it back.... Its great what you have put together over there!!
COurt xx
"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane!" Jimmy Buffett

May 2nd, 2005, 4:40 pm #6

When I came back down past Squires a little while ago it was a bit chaotic and sites like multimap don't update that often..so a bit of local info from Dave M will be invaluable
cheers mate...Yeti

Kazza
Kazza

May 2nd, 2005, 8:59 pm #7

Just went up the A1 from Cov to Cleveland this weekend
the A1 is sh!te still !!!!!!!!
the multi map was worse than useless and all the diversions were awful - we barely got home ( we nearly had to stop in several pubs to ask directions!)
Dave - gerrup there mate and give us the insider info for August - I'd HATE to miss you all
Kazza x

May 2nd, 2005, 10:19 pm #8

Lucky I mentioned it then...

May 2nd, 2005, 11:07 pm #9

The New A1 is a total fcuk up!
I went a week back, the juction to the B1222 is GONE!
I was traveling is the pouring rain, could not get off the new section for nearley 10 miles. I was even wetter than usual.
North bound make sure you get off the A1 at the A63 selby cross turn off and then find your way though the local villages to Squires.
I do hope they get it sorted out soon.

May 3rd, 2005, 10:10 pm #10

Suggestion...
For those coming up from the south maybe turning off onto the B162 just south of Brotherton and coming into Squires at Newthorpe through Sherburn in Elmet might be a sensible alternative. Is that road still ok Dave / Neal ??????? See map link below...
Brotherton turn off