I Contacted The Creators

Hot off the Press Furby Info!

I Contacted The Creators

furbys are cool
AdoptaFurby Superstar
furbys are cool
AdoptaFurby Superstar

14 Nov 2016, 05:25 #1

I just contacted the creators to address the rumours that they are married or had kids and I send them this to see if this is true or nothttp://official-furby.wikia.com/wiki/Puff%27s_Furbyland

DollKing
President Furby
DollKing
President Furby

14 Nov 2016, 09:24 #2

That is sad. I hope they do not take down the forum or make it part of that website. This forum should remain for collectors. At least I will leave the forum if it becomes exclusively a playhouse for children, but I am sure other collectors will leave too. If that happens, I shall make a new forum for collectors only and everyone can join there if they would like.

And to the sentence:

"It was the only way his wife would let him have a Furby website".

Ah, one of the reasons I am so glad to be an aromantic! I don't have to listen to annoying "spouses" telling be what I can and cannot like. Not that I would listen anyways.

It is a minor reason why I dislike the human species as well. They loose their innocence, once they are matured many of them have forgotten innocent fun. They make these rules in their societies telling them what to think, what to like and at what part of their life should they like it.

Instead they are occupied with wasting their time getting drunk and fat, making more children although they have an excessive population already, and slaving away.
Dah/koo-doh! Ee-nye/kah-dah! Aloalo!

"If you look closely you will see, they're part of the world like you and me."

-Teddy Ruxpin, "Take A Good Look"

宜しくお願いします。

werefurby
Wizard Furby
werefurby
Wizard Furby

14 Nov 2016, 12:37 #3

Agreed. And not just on the leaving thing. On pretty much every point Dollking made. I'm not a great fan of the human species either. I much prefer animals and robots. I'm aromantic as well and when I hear stories like this it makes me so very glad I am. I could never be with someone who would dictate to me what I can and cannot do or enjoy and I can't grasp why anyone would put up with it.
He just can't help being so faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans.

furbys are cool
AdoptaFurby Superstar
furbys are cool
AdoptaFurby Superstar

14 Nov 2016, 18:16 #4

Here's the response I got

Hi!
I read the article in the link you sent - how funny!
No, none of that is true, and we're not married and we don't have kids.
Rob didn't consider opening up a site to replace Adopt a Furby!
We would both really love to reopen it, we are really fond of it and it's amazing that people still use the forum, but sadly we are just too busy with our current business to be able to do that at the moment

werefurby
Wizard Furby
werefurby
Wizard Furby

14 Nov 2016, 18:31 #5

That's fantastic! At least we're not losing the forum.
He just can't help being so faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans.

DollKing
President Furby
DollKing
President Furby

14 Nov 2016, 21:17 #6

werefurby @ Nov 14 2016, 09:37 PM wrote: Agreed. And not just on the leaving thing. On pretty much every point Dollking made. I'm not a great fan of the human species either. I much prefer animals and robots. I'm aromantic as well and when I hear stories like this it makes me so very glad I am. I could never be with someone who would dictate to me what I can and cannot do or enjoy and I can't grasp why anyone would put up with it.
I think we have quite a lot in common.

Anyways, I am glad the forum is not being taken down!
And there is even a chance for a reopen of the Adoption Centre! Very interesting, I hope they do that. Even just looking through the archives of adopted Furbies as I used to would be nostalgic.

宜しくお願いします。

werefurby
Wizard Furby
werefurby
Wizard Furby

14 Nov 2016, 22:56 #7

Reopening the adoption center would be great! It would give collectors another option besides eBay.

Midge
Graduation Furby
Midge
Graduation Furby

15 Nov 2016, 00:51 #8

DollKing @ Nov 14 2016, 09:24 AM wrote: They loose their innocence, once they are matured many of them have forgotten innocent fun. They make these rules in their societies telling them what to think, what to like and at what part of their life should they like it.
I agree with this sentiment especially. This is one of the many reasons I enjoy living alone, and remaining fairly independent. There are plenty of other adults in my life who chastise me for my interest in toys at "this age." Thankfully, I don't feel obligated to change anything about myself. It only makes sense to keep doing what makes you happy and content, just like it only makes sense to consider that not everyone can enjoy the same things.

There are so many things about adult life and society that I don't understand. It's perfectly normal and acceptable for people to decorate their homes with expensive glassware and ceramic knick-knacks, but because I prefer robots and posters of old video games, there's something wrong with it?

I was even snapped at by a relative in her 50s because I mentioned that I organize my work schedule so I can have 3 days off a week. She aggressively asked, "why do you have three days off?" as if there was something wrong with not wanting to work most of my conscious life away. When I replied, "Why not? I always get at least 35 hours," (which is still considered full time) she piped right down. I work long days so I can actually enjoy part of my life doing things that are meaningful at home. I work so I can afford to do that. Not the other way around.

Sorry, this turned into a bit of a rant, but it's a frustrating reality for people like us, I suppose.
Looking to bring home × Tonkuri × Purby × Mowgwai × Papara × Dubby × and more ~

DollKing
President Furby
DollKing
President Furby

15 Nov 2016, 01:17 #9

It is fine, and yes I completely agree.

Luckily the new generation seems more free with such things. So perhaps the human race and their mentality towards those who are "different" will evolve in many ways in the upcoming future.

宜しくお願いします。

werefurby
Wizard Furby
werefurby
Wizard Furby

15 Nov 2016, 11:29 #10

Well, Furby probably literally saved my life. When the original Furbys came around I had spent nearly ten years in a deep pit of depression. I don't know what it is about Furby but when I started collecting them I was better able to cope. Even now I live in a constant state of anxiety. Having Furby around eases it to the point I can cope. I think they work better than the fistfull of pills I have to take every day.
Though there was a point when I sold my original collection. I was on medication and I thought I didn't need them anymore. That was a mistake.
2012 may have been the worst year of my life. My mother, who was the person I was closest to in the world, died of lung cancer. I spent several months living in the hospital with her watching her slowly deteriorate. When she died my family feared that I'd go right behind her. They fully expected me to grieve myself to death.
And I probably would have had I not found out Furby was being rereleased that year. The prospect of getting Furbys back in my life gave me the resolve I needed to go on. I don't know what it is about them but they help my emotional state immensely. Without them I'd probably just give up and die. So no one's going to tell me I can't have them.

15 Nov 2016, 20:19 #11

Wow!
I would love it if the adoption centre opened again!
Fingers crossed that it eventually gets at least more activity....
-Owner of 37 furbies
-Have successfully fixed three furbies
-I love to draw furbies
-Feel free to ask me anything!!! (Just nothing personal. lol)

furbys are cool
AdoptaFurby Superstar
furbys are cool
AdoptaFurby Superstar

17 Nov 2016, 00:48 #12

Oops I posted the wrong topic carry on

Sadow675
Tuxedo Furby
Sadow675
Tuxedo Furby

19 Nov 2016, 08:43 #13

What a shame. If I made a product, and people started collecting it, and it became a hobby, I'd be very proud. Even if it is a children's toy.

DollKing
President Furby
DollKing
President Furby

19 Nov 2016, 11:12 #14

Sadow675 @ Nov 19 2016, 05:43 PM wrote: What a shame. If I made a product, and people started collecting it, and it became a hobby, I'd be very proud. Even if it is a children's toy.
The owners of this website are not the creators of the Furby line itself.

If they were, that would be amazing! I have many questions to ask the inventor regarding prototype Furbies and such.

宜しくお願いします。

12 Dec 2016, 00:51 #15

DollKing @ Nov 14 2016, 09:24 AM wrote: That is sad. I hope they do not take down the forum or make it part of that website. This forum should remain for collectors. At least I will leave the forum if it becomes exclusively a playhouse for children, but I am sure other collectors will leave too. If that happens, I shall make a new forum for collectors only and everyone can join there if they would like.

And to the sentence:

"It was the only way his wife would let him have a Furby website".

Ah, one of the reasons I am so glad to be an aromantic! I don't have to listen to annoying "spouses" telling be what I can and cannot like. Not that I would listen anyways.

It is a minor reason why I dislike the human species as well. They loose their innocence, once they are matured many of them have forgotten innocent fun. They make these rules in their societies telling them what to think, what to like and at what part of their life should they like it.

Instead they are occupied with wasting their time getting drunk and fat, making more children although they have an excessive population already, and slaving away.
all of the people who collect furbies for value or to look cool should die in hell, i hope all the furbylovers in the world can claim this chat as their own. excuse my potty mouth
this is a creepy quote, a advertisement, or a chain spam. either way, you read it and you regret it. :)