Furby Boom Not Doing So Well

Do you have a broken or poorly Furby? See if someone can help you out here.

Furby Boom Not Doing So Well

ziggy47
Furby Baby
ziggy47
Furby Baby

13 Nov 2016, 02:44 #1

I have a Furby Boom that I got earlier this year during summer used from a thrift store. It was doing really great, and seemed to work perfectly until it started shutting its' eyes off randomly for no apparent reason and going to sleep in less than a minute last night. It will stay on for a couple of minutes if I engage it in play.

Its' beak also does not move in sync when talking when I keep it awake long enough to play, and often times it will talk without moving its' beak as well. It hardly moves at all, when I pet its' back or tickle it. If I leave it alone without doing anything it will fall asleep in under a minute.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix my Furby Boom without taking it apart?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

gamerfurby
Wizard Furby
gamerfurby
Wizard Furby

13 Nov 2016, 13:43 #2

im not sure something similar happened to me i was on a road trip and brought my furby and i didnt take the batteries out and it started to glitch out with the eyes when its battery got low but when i replaced them they it was fine
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO0h-gqxGUGX9ymKk1HColkkWtlyhYEVyU0jnA

ziggy47
Furby Baby
ziggy47
Furby Baby

13 Nov 2016, 19:46 #3

I forgot to mention that yesterday when it was having problems, I had my dad put fresh batteries in it. The new batteries did not make it work any better, and it's still having the problems I mentioned. So it must be a bigger issue than just batteries.

Furby Man
Tropical Furby
Furby Man
Tropical Furby

13 Nov 2016, 22:54 #4

This is probably a dumb question, but did you try the reset button?
woo-too ee-vay! (sing together!) - My Furbish

This is Calvin, one of my favorite furbys! --> :tig:

ziggy47
Furby Baby
ziggy47
Furby Baby

14 Nov 2016, 00:44 #5

I forgot to mention that yes, when new batteries were being put in the Furby I reset it several times but it didn't improve with any resetting.

Angel-Nee
Furby Buddy
Angel-Nee
Furby Buddy

01 Aug 2017, 09:54 #6

I can explain you what's happen with your furbs, recently I opened my white 2012 furby (note : 2012 furby and furby boom have the same hardware, this is just a software evolution) so... I tried to fix my boy because he had a shutdown issue, he didn't move and/or shut down by himself...

So when I opened him I've found that there is a motor sensor fixed to the real motor and he checks if the motor works properly and if it doesn't, furby shutdown...!

Here is a pic of this :https://68.media.tumblr.com/57d319730c7 ... 2y_500.png in red the motor and in blue the sensor ^^

The only solution is to change this motor, I note the reference when I fixed my boy : OLS 1D390

Bye ! :)

Harrynye
Furby Buddy
Harrynye
Furby Buddy

02 Aug 2017, 15:16 #7

I have experienced this before.
There is a possibility that the motor or circuit board may have become damaged.
I do not think there is a way to fix it.
HarryNye¬