*Evil Laughter Intensifies*

Ironshell
Angel Furby
Ironshell
Angel Furby

Aug 30 2018, 03:14 AM #1

👿 MWA HA HA HA HA! I BET YOU THOUGHT YOU'D SEEN THE LAST OF ME!
...Okay, but seriously,

I still peep in on you folk. Furbies don't have the priority they used to for me, thus I don't have much to contribute. But I love seeing how the community evolves. And since ye olde Horde de Ironshell is getting a couple of very important additions, I thought it might be prudent to share. We all love new photos of our favorite furballs, yeah?

I think the last time I posted, the newest edition to the masses was a Tye-Dye I saved from Salvation Army. And for years, that was it. I graduated high school. I went off to college. I did bring Aaa-gee, my Shelby, with me. She was officially one of the 'least creepy' things in my room, according to the floormates. 😆

Then I shifted through several jobs, and settled at the Goodwill Thrift Store. When the new generations hit, I wanted one...but not enough to pay that upped price tag. I watched for them secondhand, but they never came in good condition. There was a Crystal Boom in box at a Savers once... for $86.99. Ha ha- nope.

But finally I got lucky, and picked up a $5 Boom I named 'Electric Boogaloo'- a not-so-subtle tribute to FurbyFairie's Furby-A-GoGo, due to the weird retro fur pattern. And then I found another- 'Uptown Funk'.

In the last three weeks, a first-gen-second reboot purple, a Chewbacca limited, and an old-school Graduation limited joined us. The crowning glory came this week... but unfortunately, I scored them on Ebay. Ship first, enjoy later.

I felt like maybe it was time to dig out my old collection. Holy shmole- I had Furbies I didn't remember buying!

Remember that old picture someone took of their Furbies covering the stairs?

C:

There are only two problems with this picture: Koh-tie, one of my first three, is absent, and I could have sworn I found a Snowball Furby around the time I found the Tye-Dye. While I was sorting everyone back into the tupperware, I reached deep into a drawer and found...

...That I wasn't crazy after all.

I didn't organize them exactly by generation, but I did keep the newer ones mostly to the front. A progressive wave. That Bumblebee also came this year. I'm tickled to finally own a Bumblee Furby...after drawing LordofDragons that Autobot Bumblebee Furby in Paint all those years yore.

After babies, we moved into limiteds and oddities. Poor Aaa-gee is still nagging me for some shellfish special. I've been meaning to track down the 'official' Ironshell Shelby (G1 Midnight Black), and an additional friend(s?) for years.

Uptown Funk is on your left, Electric Boogaloo is on your right. The yellow is a plushie; the only non-electric Furby I saved. He's a talking one. The purple on Chewbacca's right is a Party Rocker fake. I have no idea what they're called, or where to buy them. But they're static, and play a variety of random audio.

And that's it for now...until those packages get here. I'd still like to track down a few more. But these two are the pinnacle of my collection, alongside Aaa-gee. I'm stoked.

P.S.: Question to you Baby lovers out there. Has anyone ever seen a baby with silver eyes? I just assumed that was an adult rarity, until I nabbed this girl a few years back:

...And I can't find another. I'd love to see more if you know of any.

Thank you for tuning in! This has been a test of the Emergency Furby Alert System. Thank you. Good night.

Ironshell
Angel Furby
Ironshell
Angel Furby

Sep 5 2018, 05:53 AM #2

They're here!

Older members may know that my favorite Furby has always been the Autumn/Witch limited edition. But I've never found one thrifting. Well I found one on Ebay, mint in box, with a starting bid of $25... only for another to be posted a couple of days later at that price for Buy it Now. I nabbed her, no question, and let the auction go. And it was a good thing too. I...may have won a second Marmo Moon Angel, and a Jester Furby. 🙃 You know. Like a responsible adult with self control.

(Not)

This whole thing started with Marmo Moon Angel. It's a palm-sized fake on a keychain that comes in one of those small plastic crates, common to Japanese toys of the 80s-90s era. I've been hunting one for years, but the auctions are few and far between. Despite disappearing from Furbies, I still kept an eye on Ebay from time to time. It was a shock to see two listed at the same time this year... for $150 a piece. Ouch. Happily for me, a Moon Eyes variant dropped at a low bidding price, and I won for $31. A week later, another came along and I won again, for barely more. I've been incredibly blessed, and my mind is still blown.

You don't see many high quality photos of the little fellows. But they're remarkably well-crafted bootlegs. I'll have to take photos of the instruction manual some time. It's a near-perfect rip of Furby's.

Lastly...

I didn't bid, but I finally found another. It has piqued my curiosity. If Babies with silver eyes are so hard to find, even in the social network community, how many were made versus the silver-eyes adult Furbies?

That's all for now. Until the next shipment...

furbys are cool
AdoptaFurby Superstar
furbys are cool
AdoptaFurby Superstar

Sep 15 2018, 03:02 AM #3

Welcome back ironshell! It’s great to see an old member return! That’s a very impressive collection u got there! Not many people come on here sadly I hope to see more posts and see more members return!