edliebfried
edliebfried

September 8th, 2018, 3:49 pm #71

Animation is sometimes out of line. For example ground balls that appear foul are fair, and sometimes baserunners get almost t first base and stop or back up.  I'd like to see that cleaned up. 

As far as super-amazing features, how about a "combine player" feature that takes the average - including era and park -  of two or more players and makes them into a single player. That would make "slice" homebrews really easy. 

KILLER
KILLER

September 9th, 2018, 6:20 am #72

Instead of just new features just fix at least one oldie. The scheduler...it's just math formulas...how complicated I don't know...I'm not a genius. Make it advanced for inter league & large Organizations. Please...Please!

waynef
waynef

September 9th, 2018, 1:02 pm #73

I would like to see a 32 team Tournament Bracket included ... Just drag and drop the teams to the bracket slots.  It could be a blank 32 team bracket and you could select the teams from ANY season and add to the bracket

Allow rules to be decided .... like home team uses DH (or not), number of games in the series (1-3-5-7) etc
Wayne

jimwwms
jimwwms

September 12th, 2018, 1:03 am #74

StratColonel wrote: 2.  At the lineups screen, the ability to see more than a pitcher's batting average splits.  I need more information before making out my lineups because, for example, a pitcher could have lefty hitters hit .250 off him on average and righties .210 causing the opposing manager to add lefty bats to his lineup.  However, it could turn out the hurler walks a ton more RHB and yields homers at twice the rate to RHB than LHB ... thus causing you to, perhaps, add RHB to his lineup.
For this suggestion, it is true that in the Lineup screen you only know that the opposing SP is LH or RH.  I have always thought that the game should allow you to click on the opposing SP in the lineup screen and popup his Player Page so that you could see what batters would be more effective in setting your lineup.

ChrisCPA
ChrisCPA

September 12th, 2018, 1:16 pm #75

I would like to see this as well.  More information regarding the pitcher at lineup time. 

LancePower
LancePower

September 12th, 2018, 2:26 pm #76

I just click "View Opponent" and then open up the Starter's Player Card.  So that's just one extra click.
"I'm just thankful I played all my games in the daytime and on grass."
~Carl 'The Meal Ticket' Hubbell

Beatles4Ever
Beatles4Ever

September 12th, 2018, 9:40 pm #77

I had asked Dave about a function whereby I can choose a range of years from the Baseball History Disc, say 1920 to 1940, and create a draft which is limited to only THOSE years. I love the robust search options but in a draft, the AI can still draft from all of baseball history. 

I have a ton of seasons and unless I am missing something, I would love to have a way to combine for instance 1920 and 1934 into ONE database and do a draft.

Action PC Baseball and OOTP are the two best sims for creating absolutely wonderful historical projects and the feature I mentioned is NOT in OOTP - yet. It would be nice if Action could implement my two wishes.

It would also be fun to do a crowd funding thing and get Jon Miller (as an example) to call the games ala Ernie Harwell in BBW. Well, I can dream, yes? Otherwise, Action PC is a brilliant sim.

Oh yeah, Dave, how about another six seasons for six bucks sale? Maybe just once a year? Your prices ARE good; you beat the other companies that require the player to buy individual seasons by a long shot. But wow, that six for six was REALLY cool. ;) Nudge nudge wink wink

edliebfried
edliebfried

September 14th, 2018, 12:45 pm #78

How about a passed-ball adjustment for knuckleball pitchers and the catchers to had to deal with them?
As far as I can see, a high PB rating for a catcher that caught, say, Wilbur Wood, will commit those PBs just as often with any other pitcher. 
Likewise Wood's PBs will be abnormally low for him, since it's purely a catcher rating (as far as I know - Dave correct me if I'm wrong!)

waynef
waynef

September 14th, 2018, 5:50 pm #79

edliebfried wrote: How about a passed-ball adjustment for knuckleball pitchers and the catchers to had to deal with them?
As far as I can see, a high PB rating for a catcher that caught, say, Wilbur Wood, will commit those PBs just as often with any other pitcher. 
Likewise Wood's PBs will be abnormally low for him, since it's purely a catcher rating (as far as I know - Dave correct me if I'm wrong!)
Unless you can find the individual Pitcher to Catcher data ... It would be very subjective.   You can find the PB totals data.   I just assumed that was included in the catchers poorer defensive rating.  
Wayne

edliebfried
edliebfried

September 16th, 2018, 11:40 am #80

waynef wrote:I'd be fine with subjective on this. A lot of the fielding is already subjective (vast majority of gold glovers seem to have 10 range).  
edliebfried wrote: How about a passed-ball adjustment for knuckleball pitchers and the catchers to had to deal with them?
Unless you can find the individual Pitcher to Catcher data ... It would be very subjective.   You can find the PB totals data.   I just assumed that was included in the catchers poorer defensive rating.