strange occurrence

strange occurrence

fjs0808
fjs0808

March 13th, 2018, 7:32 pm #1

I've never noticed this before.
Playing Ray Floyd v Billy Casper. I rotate q3holes between me and the AI. 
Hole # 2 at TPC Sawgrass v2. The hole is 530yd. The hole is rated 8.9 (what does that mean btw??)  
Floyd (me) hits it 295.. He's in the fairway, but it says fairway-94%?? Never noticed that before. 
Now I want to hit a wood to the green, but can't select anything lower than a 4 iron without the red distance numbers showing up????
I've had that when I'm in deep doo-doo, but never on the fairway. And the distance probability is 88-100%, from the fairway. 
Weather is perfect, no wind, dry day. 
I've never noticed the hole ratings before, and they seem to almost always stay the same from hole to hole, but vary within an individual hole as I progress from tee to green.
Can someone explain this to me?  I doubt this is new with a new 2018 v coming out soon.....I just have never noticed it, but I'm curious.
Also, for those who question the AI, for the heck of it, I've been keeping track of me v the AI.  In these 2 man rounds, I rotate every 3 holes.  
Just started doing this over the last 7 rounds, if I look at my score v the AI's, we are 3-3-1. I'm -11 and the AI is -3. 
These are all pretty mundane setups, no wind, light rough, no rain, great weather days..  Thx in advance for help on this.

samjjones
samjjones

March 13th, 2018, 7:58 pm #2

What was the lie like?  Completely level?  Was the ball in a divot?

fjs0808
fjs0808

March 13th, 2018, 8:58 pm #3

I don't recall any up or down, or sidehill lie.  They were the first off of the day, so I'm sure it wasn't in a divot!!

SlyBelle
SlyBelle

March 13th, 2018, 10:54 pm #4

fjs0808 wrote:
I've never noticed the hole ratings before, and they seem to almost always stay the same from hole to hole, but vary within an individual hole as I progress from tee to green.
This is an approximation of the golfer's rating based on the shot being taken and might be blended.  It would be different on the hole because it depends on the type of shot being taken (i.e. irons, wedges, etc.).  For example depending on the distance from the hole, it may be a blended number based on wedge and short iron rating.  Regardless of what the actual rating is, the higher the number, better chance the shot has.

LHC
LHC

March 14th, 2018, 7:45 am #5

samjjones wrote: What was the lie like?  Completely level?  Was the ball in a divot?
I have the latest version and have had a less than 100% from the fairway and there was no mention of a divot. I cannot recall even seeing the actual divot in the latest version. The previous version I saw the actual divot..