Game compatibility?

Windsorpg
Windsorpg

September 7th, 2018, 5:05 pm #1

Hey guys, I’m not a technological wizard by any means. I’m going to get a new laptop and would want something that can run the action pc game. All of this technology talk is like a new language to me.

Was thinking about going with something more mobile like the Microsoft surface. Is that able to run the sim? If not I’ll go with a more traditional style laptop. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

q77m
q77m

September 8th, 2018, 1:35 pm #2

Anything that has an operating system will work: Chromebooks and Tablets (Android) will not.  Make sure the surface you purchase has one; you'll know- it will be the more expensive one.

SlyBelle
SlyBelle

September 8th, 2018, 2:11 pm #3

q77m wrote: Anything that has an operating system will work: Chromebooks and Tablets (Android) will not.  Make sure the surface you purchase has one; you'll know- it will be the more expensive one.
Just be clear, has to be a WINDOWS operating system unless it has a Windows emulator such as apple tends to.....

ArzCards
ArzCards

September 16th, 2018, 3:10 am #4

I believe some of the Microsoft Surface laptops/tablets come with Windows S.  Windows S will only run applications obtained from the Windows store.  If I'm not mistaken, you can upgrade (free?) from Windows S to Windows 10 however.

Shonn71
Shonn71

September 16th, 2018, 8:35 am #5

Pretty positive you can switch from S Mode to Windows 10 Pro for free at anytime.   I've been looking at getting a Surface Laptop myself, but haven't yet forked over the money.  Everyone I know who has one, loves it.  I'm due for a new laptop and that's the one I've had my eye on for awhile.