Stone
Stone

April 7th, 2018, 3:37 pm #41

Thanks, I've already subscribed. As you can tell I'm not that familiar with names of golf courses, thanks as always.

SlyBelle
SlyBelle

April 7th, 2018, 7:32 pm #42

Stone wrote: Thanks, I've already subscribed. As you can tell I'm not that familiar with names of golf courses, thanks as always.
Great...

Viva los Spurs
Viva los Spurs

May 17th, 2018, 1:53 am #43

So in looking to see the routing of holes for the new Trinity Forest Golf Club where this week's Byron Nelson will be held for the first time, I ran across the bluegolf.com website. Holy hell, that's a neat deal. I assume y'all have used or continue to use information from that site in creating these user-made courses. (Also noticed there's not much photography involving Quail Hollow. Oh well.) Anyway, glad to see Trinity Forest's 1st, 9th, 10th and 18th holes all come back to roughly the same general area. That was not the case at the TPC Four Seasons, which was a PITA to walk.

samjjones
samjjones

May 17th, 2018, 11:51 am #44

Yes, we're aware of BlueGolf.  It's pretty handy for showing hole routings, as is a similar site SwingBySwing.  I've even updated a few courses that didn't have "Course Tours" on BlueGolf with the routings myself after investigating them for an APC Golf course.  But beyond that, we mostly use Google Earth Pro to see 3-D renderings of the topography of a course, and to get specific elevation measurements.

The holdup with Quail Hollow is simply the fact that distributable aerial imagery did not exist of the new routing, and as such, it needed to be created 100% graphically.  (This was the same issue holding up Greenbrier, as well)  Also, there's no freely available green sloping information available for it.  DKS is handling Quail Hollow. I'm pretty sure that we'll eventually see it some day.  There's a couple of other courses that are done and need to be reviewed and playtested a bit more, too.  Hopefully we'll see a few more DKS courses this summer.

I also have about 15-20 courses that I could finish up as community releases, but I'm trying not to burn myself out.

Viva los Spurs
Viva los Spurs

May 18th, 2018, 2:00 pm #45

samjjones wrote: Yes, we're aware of BlueGolf.  It's pretty handy for showing hole routings, as is a similar site SwingBySwing.  I've even updated a few courses that didn't have "Course Tours" on BlueGolf with the routings myself after investigating them for an APC Golf course.  But beyond that, we mostly use Google Earth Pro to see 3-D renderings of the topography of a course, and to get specific elevation measurements.

The holdup with Quail Hollow is simply the fact that distributable aerial imagery did not exist of the new routing, and as such, it needed to be created 100% graphically.  (This was the same issue holding up Greenbrier, as well)  Also, there's no freely available green sloping information available for it.  DKS is handling Quail Hollow. I'm pretty sure that we'll eventually see it some day.  There's a couple of other courses that are done and need to be reviewed and playtested a bit more, too.  Hopefully we'll see a few more DKS courses this summer.

I also have about 15-20 courses that I could finish up as community releases, but I'm trying not to burn myself out.
I, and everybody else, greatly appreciate all your efforts that make Action Golf even more enjoyable.

Thor
Thor

May 18th, 2018, 3:20 pm #46

samjjones wrote: Yes, we're aware of BlueGolf.  It's pretty handy for showing hole routings, as is a similar site SwingBySwing.  I've even updated a few courses that didn't have "Course Tours" on BlueGolf with the routings myself after investigating them for an APC Golf course.  But beyond that, we mostly use Google Earth Pro to see 3-D renderings of the topography of a course, and to get specific elevation measurements.

Sam, just wanted to thank you for all the effort you have put into this Golf Game
please do not burn yourself out
we are pleased to receive whatever you are able to finish
take care of yourself - your health is far more important than a game
God BLESS you and your efforts

samjjones
samjjones

May 28th, 2018, 11:41 pm #47

New community course "Phoenix CC" released today. Check out the site for the download link and details.

Thor
Thor

May 29th, 2018, 12:58 am #48

samjjones wrote: New community course "Phoenix CC" released today.  Check out the site for the download link and details.
thanks Sam, looks great
downloaded earlier and it is solid

hockeydad55
hockeydad55

May 29th, 2018, 4:16 am #49

Thanks as always, Sam!

LBWood
LBWood

June 5th, 2018, 1:29 am #50

Is anyone else finding that the installer for the community courses causes a blue screen system crash? It's happen with the most recent two courses.