CanAm Hockey Federation - Looking to Fill Two Opening For 2018-19 Season

mjhbuckeye.actionpcsports

August 30th, 2018, 6:58 pm #1

CanAm, the oldest established Action! PC Hockey draft league, is seeking out coach/owners for two teams to complete the 24-team roster for the upcoming season. CanAm is a salary capped draft league established in 2010. The two open teams are the San Diego Mariners of the Southern Division and the Kansas City Scouts of the Central Division (names can be changed at owner discretion within CanAm naming protocol). You can check out the rosters at the league website here:

https://sites.google.com/site/canamfederation/

(just click on the respective division tabs to check out the open teams)

Teams are rostered with 25 players which are formed up after a cut-down of the previous year's rosters and under a primary cap followed by a five round draft. No All-Star teams, no prospect stashing, no dynasties; everybody has a chance to rebuild and be competitive every season with an emphasis on playing and enjoying the game. CanAm is transitioning to all h2h optional play league, including the championship playoffs recognizing scheduling commitments and connection difficulties. CanAm has, from year-to-year, retained a great core of guys who enjoy the game, the league experience and camaraderie in our little virtual world. If you are interested, hit me, Mark, here or at njbucks@optonline.net

August 31st, 2018, 7:55 pm #2

Mariners are gone. One team left. Don't be left out.

September 5th, 2018, 5:39 pm #3

The Kansas City Scouts are still open. While a rebuilding process for sure, the Scouts have a promising core led by all-everything second year sniper Patrick Laine, thirty-goal scorer Brendan Gallagher, veteran play-maker Paul Stastny, budding stars Timo Meir, Vlad Namestnikov and Jesse Puljujarvi as well as Cup-winning top-line winger Tom Wilson. Things look great on the blue line too with stud Aaron Ekblad and Vegas' Shea Theodore. Goal is shaky, but the Scouts came out of the draft lottery with the fourth overall pick (Kyle Connor? Pierre-Luc Dubois? Alex DeBrincat? Charlie McAvoy?) and the second pick in rounds 2-5, all of which can be used to bolster and improve depth or to use as trade chips to put the team over the top. If at all interested please let me know.

September 11th, 2018, 6:27 pm #4

The Scouts have been taken, but I guess when a door closes a window opens: the San Diego Mariners are now available for immediate ownership. The Mariners were a CanAm playoff team last season but look to have some retooling to do and hope for bounce-back years from longtime NHL stars and continued progress from promising young guns. San Diego is anchored by goalie Braden Holtby. Now the Caps net-minder had an off year last NHL season (except for a scintillating performance in the Stanley Cup run) after three-lights-out years and there is no indication he will not regain Vezina worthy status. On the front-line the team is led by the ultimate captain, Jonathan Toews, backed on the second line by veteran Jason Spezza, flanked by young talents like Matthew Tkachuk, Travis Konecny, Joonas Donskoi and Melker Karlsson, as well as veterans Jamie McGinn, Darren Helm and Patrick Maroon. The blue-liners are definitely more stay-at-home shut down than length-of-the-rink rush, but well manned with Deryk Engelland, Ian Cole, Brandon Carlo, Ben Lovejoy, Ron Hainsey and Jay Bouwmeester. The team is well-stocked for present success and, with able tinkering, a promising future.

Our league season with trading and draft starts September 16. Please join.

ChrisCPA
ChrisCPA

September 13th, 2018, 6:06 pm #5

Any open teams remain?

September 18th, 2018, 8:20 pm #6

After Chris (above) joined in we are a full league. If you are still interested you may send me a message and I'll put you on the CanAm wait list. Otherwise if you are interested in a good hockey league to join right now I would direct you to the friends at KHL who are looking to fill out their league for this season and have posted on this forum topic. Many CanAm members lurk over there and it is a good group of guys in a well run outfit.