Hazey Skies
Experienced Member
Hazey Skies
Experienced Member

1:37 AM - Apr 09, 2018 #21

About 10cms down here in Windsor Jct. Roads covered. Not sure how much precip is left as it’s been slacking the last hour. Tomorrow might not even crack the freezing mark even with sun. If we can manage a full day of snow cover, that will be pretty impressive for April.
Mark Hayes
Windsor Junction, NS
46m ASL

stormsissy
stormsissy

8:31 AM - Apr 09, 2018 #22

7.5 cms last night around 9, was still snowing lightly. Won't be a nice commute this morning.

Just measured 8.7 on the snowboard.
Upper LaHave, NS

Hazey Skies
Experienced Member
Hazey Skies
Experienced Member

9:56 AM - Apr 09, 2018 #23

11cms here total. Has already started to compact. Might stick around for the day but tomorrow should finish off most of it.

I see the airport is reporting 24cms. They must be using a melt total and times by 10. That would not be an accurate representation of what actually fell. I suspect the true depth is closer to 15cms tops. They’ve done this before which is why I find it hard to use the reported totals as truly valid.
Mark Hayes
Windsor Junction, NS
46m ASL

Hazey Skies
Experienced Member
Hazey Skies
Experienced Member

8:58 PM - Apr 09, 2018 #24

It’s amazing the rate of snow melt in April. Had 10cms in all areas of my yard with some drifts to double that in spots. Roads were a mess and still snow covered even on the main 100 series highways. This was at 7:30am. Fast forward to 5pm. Roads are clear and dry. 3/4 of snow is gone in the city. My driveway is clear and yard is half covered with maybe 5cms depth. That all happened with temps barely above zero. One of the coldest April days and snow disappeared before my eyes. Thank god for spring. Hopefully this is the last measurable snow this season.
Mark Hayes
Windsor Junction, NS
46m ASL

stormsissy
stormsissy

10:03 PM - Apr 09, 2018 #25

Here too. We decided not to try to clear the long driveway, and by now, most of the snow has gone, so I'm gald we didn't waste the time/gas/energy. Powerful sun.
Upper LaHave, NS