USA HOCKEY TURNS BLIND EYE

USA HOCKEY TURNS BLIND EYE

Blues Parent Feeling Betrayed
Blues Parent Feeling Betrayed

January 24th, 2012, 2:11 am #1

Is anyone amazed that the Blues seem to be turning out a lot of teams that are at best mediocre?

As interesting, the blues share their rink with USA Hockey. USA Hockey has spent millions educating HDs and clubs about the proper number of practices per week for travel teams. Around ( depending on age) 75-100 practices are mandated as the proper number of practices per season. This means that clubs need to have a minimum of three practices per week to come in at the lowest recommendation and 4 practices would be actually preferred. How is it that the blues organization proudly states it's allegiance and involvement in USA Hockey and it's developmental model and only offers two practice per week. Let's be fair, once or twice a month they also have a skills session. When are people going to wake up and realize they are being cheated. When are the powers of USA Hockey, Nihll, and csdhl going to punish clubs like this that blatantly under-develop youth hockey players and on top of everything also take there choices.

Do you really believe that less is adequate? When you go to buy a car are you willing to pay the price of a Mercedes for a yugo? Of course your not that dumb! Let them know you know! Challenge them and if you have the money, hire attorneys to get your money back.

They are stealing your money and your child's development.

Its A Shame
Its A Shame

January 24th, 2012, 6:59 pm #2

Which club is following the protocol established by USA Hockey? 4 Practices per week?

January 26th, 2012, 3:35 pm #3

Is anyone amazed that the Blues seem to be turning out a lot of teams that are at best mediocre?

As interesting, the blues share their rink with USA Hockey. USA Hockey has spent millions educating HDs and clubs about the proper number of practices per week for travel teams. Around ( depending on age) 75-100 practices are mandated as the proper number of practices per season. This means that clubs need to have a minimum of three practices per week to come in at the lowest recommendation and 4 practices would be actually preferred. How is it that the blues organization proudly states it's allegiance and involvement in USA Hockey and it's developmental model and only offers two practice per week. Let's be fair, once or twice a month they also have a skills session. When are people going to wake up and realize they are being cheated. When are the powers of USA Hockey, Nihll, and csdhl going to punish clubs like this that blatantly under-develop youth hockey players and on top of everything also take there choices.

Do you really believe that less is adequate? When you go to buy a car are you willing to pay the price of a Mercedes for a yugo? Of course your not that dumb! Let them know you know! Challenge them and if you have the money, hire attorneys to get your money back.

They are stealing your money and your child's development.

the only thing here that is blind is the parent.

not sure where you come up with the 75-100 practices (at what level) - go with 75-100 ice touches (practices / skills / games) per season. If you are looking at the high performance model, then go to AAA.

did you sign up and pay money not knowing the amount of practices and approx. number of games that you would play? then you deserve the yugo when you paid for the mercedes. you probably rent to own that tv too.

part of being a parent is knowing what you are getting your kid into. not educating yourself before you involve your child makes you a procreater, not a parent.

Blues Parent
Blues Parent

January 27th, 2012, 3:46 am #4

Once again I am confronted by another ignorant person who just wants to pick a fight.

First, every coach in the USA had to take age specific modules to be able to coach in addition to certification. These modules are open to all parents. Since I am not a "blind" parent like you obviously are, both the squirt and peewee modules relay the information in a very clear and concise manor. A minimum of 75 practices (skills included) are mandated. 100 practices are considered optimal.

Second, I was misled by the blues organization as they claim that they follow the developmental model of USA hockey.

Finally, before you blabber about dime store parenting advice, maybe you should go back and improve your own education. Do you really want your kids to follow your path? You are dumb. Please do not bother to respond as your uneducated opinion is not appreciated.

I care about hockey and the kids that play it. It has served me well in life, and I would hope that my kids and their peers get out of this wonderful game everything that I did.

The Blues' teams are suffering because they do not get enough practice time to compete. I would hope that other parents in the organization would like to see the Blues' honor their self-proclaimed commitment to the developmental program and fix this issue so I do not have to take my child elsewhere. My hope is that maybe a board member at the Blues will read this and realize the mistakes of the organization.

anon
anon

January 27th, 2012, 4:21 am #5

I am a Blues parent but came from another organization. I believe that my son has improved dramatically since joining the Blues. The parents that I have spoken with on our team and others feel the same. In fact, no one has expressed the sentiments that you do. If I disagree with you, am I too ignorant, too stupid to know better. It seems to me that you are the one picking the fight. I won't speak to your parenting, but on the issue of development of players by the Blues, I disagree with you. If you want to offend me, it will speak volumes about you.

Blues Parent
Blues Parent

January 27th, 2012, 6:29 am #6

Once again I am confronted by another ignorant person who just wants to pick a fight.

First, every coach in the USA had to take age specific modules to be able to coach in addition to certification. These modules are open to all parents. Since I am not a "blind" parent like you obviously are, both the squirt and peewee modules relay the information in a very clear and concise manor. A minimum of 75 practices (skills included) are mandated. 100 practices are considered optimal.

Second, I was misled by the blues organization as they claim that they follow the developmental model of USA hockey.

Finally, before you blabber about dime store parenting advice, maybe you should go back and improve your own education. Do you really want your kids to follow your path? You are dumb. Please do not bother to respond as your uneducated opinion is not appreciated.

I care about hockey and the kids that play it. It has served me well in life, and I would hope that my kids and their peers get out of this wonderful game everything that I did.

The Blues' teams are suffering because they do not get enough practice time to compete. I would hope that other parents in the organization would like to see the Blues' honor their self-proclaimed commitment to the developmental program and fix this issue so I do not have to take my child elsewhere. My hope is that maybe a board member at the Blues will read this and realize the mistakes of the organization.
Squirt - Silver - Tier 2
Blues #3 0-12-0 Last Place 11 teams

Squirt - Gold - Gold
Blues #1 5-4-0 7th place 16 teams
Blues #2 3-6-0 12th place 16 teams

Peewee - Silver - Tier 1
Blues #2 6-6-1 5th place 11 teams

Peewee - Gold - Gold
Blues #1 2-10-1 Last Place 16 Teams

Mite - Silver A - White
Blues #2 1-5-2 7th place 8 teams

Mite - Elite - Elite
Blues #1 0-7-2 7th place 8 teams

Mite - Bronze - Blue
Blues #3 4-3-1 3rd place 7 teams

Bantam - Silver - Tier 1
Blues #2 6-5-1 4th Place 10 teams
Blues #1 9-1-1 2nd place 10 teams

Blues Parent
Blues Parent

January 27th, 2012, 6:42 am #7

I am a Blues parent but came from another organization. I believe that my son has improved dramatically since joining the Blues. The parents that I have spoken with on our team and others feel the same. In fact, no one has expressed the sentiments that you do. If I disagree with you, am I too ignorant, too stupid to know better. It seems to me that you are the one picking the fight. I won't speak to your parenting, but on the issue of development of players by the Blues, I disagree with you. If you want to offend me, it will speak volumes about you.
There is no need to insult you as you are merely stating your opinion.

I am glad that when you left the express you found a home that made you feel comfortable.

It still does not negate the fact that the teams are doing poorly as an organization. The coaches are excellent, so why have the team rankings dropped so dramatically from the past? They have the same coaches. They have good numbers of kids. They have had CSDHL. What has changed?

The answer is what thread is about. The blues have decreased their practice time and now have the same ice time as Niles House League. 2.25 practices(including skills) per week (AVERAGE) is not enough to compete at the travel level in NIHL or CSDHL and the teams have suffered as a result.

Your child may have continued to develop, but where would his development have been with an extra practice every week for the entire season as the mandated minimium of USA Hockey's developmental program? The answer to that stion is obvious and undeniable.

My point is that this is not an opinion thread. It is based on fact. And the fact is that our children are not reaching their full potential because they are being robbed of ice time.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 27th, 2012, 10:52 am #8

Squirt - Silver - Tier 2
Blues #3 0-12-0 Last Place 11 teams

Squirt - Gold - Gold
Blues #1 5-4-0 7th place 16 teams
Blues #2 3-6-0 12th place 16 teams

Peewee - Silver - Tier 1
Blues #2 6-6-1 5th place 11 teams

Peewee - Gold - Gold
Blues #1 2-10-1 Last Place 16 Teams

Mite - Silver A - White
Blues #2 1-5-2 7th place 8 teams

Mite - Elite - Elite
Blues #1 0-7-2 7th place 8 teams

Mite - Bronze - Blue
Blues #3 4-3-1 3rd place 7 teams

Bantam - Silver - Tier 1
Blues #2 6-5-1 4th Place 10 teams
Blues #1 9-1-1 2nd place 10 teams
The Blues were always strong when my kids were playing. I think the poster
may be right about the decrease in ice time affecting the wins. Did the prices
go down for the season? How is the powerskate there?

anon
anon

January 27th, 2012, 8:55 pm #9

My kid played 1 year there as a mm, moved from the flames. Worst year of development he's ever had, it was nothing short of a joke. That rink attracts talented kids du to its location, it serves in all for directions. It has nothing to do with the development program, its standard at best.

Tom
Tom

January 27th, 2012, 9:28 pm #10

Agree completely