Tiered Pricing within NIHL levels

Gettin the shaft
Gettin the shaft

March 2nd, 2012, 6:55 pm #1

My kid plays NIHL silver, lost in the first round of the playoffs and has been off the ice for a week now. Yet elite and gold teams are still playing their seasons and round robins don't start for them until March 17. That's nearly a full extra month of ice, mostly full sheets after silver and bronze teams stop playing. NIHL also has some levels playing more games (20) than others this year. Just as CS prices have long been higher, changes now need to be made at the various NIHL levels so teams are paying different amounts based on metallic levels. The old arguments about getting the same amount of ice and games are no longer true due to changes in the way NIHL schedules its season.

Are any clubs offering lower pricing for the silver and bronze levels compared to elite and gold because of this? They should be. I know my club just blew off the question.

Thinking
Thinking

March 2nd, 2012, 8:34 pm #2

Not sure about your club; but, I believe you generally get X number of ice slots per team from your club for the year. You then use some of these for the games you end up playing (more or less based on your NIHL level). It may be that the parents should ensure that all the slots get fully used or invite teams to play a scrimmage. I do agree with the disparity in games played. It is based on # of teams in a level and seems to vary between 16 and 24.

I'd think you have an issue if they give you X slots and other teams with the same fees get X+ slots in total.

March 2nd, 2012, 8:40 pm #3

My kid plays NIHL silver, lost in the first round of the playoffs and has been off the ice for a week now. Yet elite and gold teams are still playing their seasons and round robins don't start for them until March 17. That's nearly a full extra month of ice, mostly full sheets after silver and bronze teams stop playing. NIHL also has some levels playing more games (20) than others this year. Just as CS prices have long been higher, changes now need to be made at the various NIHL levels so teams are paying different amounts based on metallic levels. The old arguments about getting the same amount of ice and games are no longer true due to changes in the way NIHL schedules its season.

Are any clubs offering lower pricing for the silver and bronze levels compared to elite and gold because of this? They should be. I know my club just blew off the question.
Unless there's something I'm missing here, no teams have round robin games in March from NIHL or CSDHL. The Tier II championship games are this weekend which officially ends the Tier II season. You either got some bad info from someone or you are mixing the "regular" season with spring hockey.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 2nd, 2012, 8:49 pm #4

The NIHL Elite/Gold Playoffs are the weekend of 3/9 and 3/16. I think that's what he was referring to.

A Penny Pincher
A Penny Pincher

March 2nd, 2012, 9:04 pm #5

Although many clubs charge the same fee for players regardless if the team plays NIHL Elite / Gold or NIHL Silver / Bronze know that NIHL actually charges your Club a higher fee ( a lot higher ) if your team plays at Elite Gold.

Elite / Gold teams pay more due to the Round Robin format of their Tournament. Silver Bronze pay less as their Tournament is Single game elimination.

If you think your Club should adjust the fee they charge you because of metallic level, then just ask them. Seems like you have a good argument.

anon
anon

March 2nd, 2012, 9:50 pm #6

CSDHL was done on 2/12. That should be the cheapest fee of all?

true
true

March 2nd, 2012, 11:31 pm #7

The original poster was right. Elite season lasts longer due to playoffs. I never thought of it before but that is true.

CSDHL is a different story because usually more slots or more full ice slots.

more
more

March 2nd, 2012, 11:33 pm #8

Pricing would be difficult. What if you start silver but move up after seeding round. Or start gold and get moved down?

Was moved up
Was moved up

March 3rd, 2012, 3:06 pm #9

This happened to our team in the Fall. Our Silver seeded team went undefeated in the seeding round and was moved up to Gold.

Our Club Treasurer says NIHL billed our Club the difference once the change was made.

Mite Parent
Mite Parent

March 3rd, 2012, 4:37 pm #10

How about how NIHL was so lazy that they failed to get creative at the Mite level.....if you pllayed Gold you played 16 regular season games. If you played Elite you played 14 regular season games.