aa
aa

March 3rd, 2012, 5:00 pm #11

bring the BHC back for Mites...

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 3rd, 2012, 5:04 pm #12

How about how NIHL was so lazy that they failed to get creative at the Mite level.....if you pllayed Gold you played 16 regular season games. If you played Elite you played 14 regular season games.
Should it surprise you that NIHL president is also a Wilmette executive board member?
You honestly couldn't make this chit up if you tried.
Wilmette President is a douche bag and his close friend and fellow exec board member is NIHL president. If you combined their hockey knowledge, they might be able to run and coordinate the Watts outdoor ice arena open skate.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 4th, 2012, 9:30 am #13

Hey Glynn... Bring back the BHC for the Mites... I don't know what's more exciting to a little kid than to play for a championship... Why was this removed?? Because of ADM? Makes zero sense why these kids who you are " trying to keep interested in hockey" can't play in the BHC.... You get plenty of $$ from all the bullshit scams out there like ADM... Where else does my / our money go? You people don't understand how to run a hockey organization in Illinois... Look at the way Minnesota or Michigan runs their programs and then look at us... Illinois in light years away from Minnesota but hey... We have the almighty ADM which will set us back even further...but... We got a shitload of $$ from somewhere to promote this lame ass program... All because the kids don't have "FUN". Well here's a newsflash for you Mr. President... The kids had fun before ADM and I think they did just fine, they also loved the BHC and being able to play for a purpose/goal of winning a state championship... Now that you took that away... What motivates the kids? How would you like to work for a person or company and never be told that you did a good job? Tell me what would motivate you to continue working hard? It's called recognition and that means more to a person than anything... But we have ADM so.... We don't need to have our kids compete for a goal because according to USA hockey, competition in detrimental at early ages...they said so in their flashy charts and graphs that someone spent lots of money on. Illinois hockey has really fallen below hockey standards and we have people like yourself to thank. Thanks for nothing.

Agreed
Agreed

March 4th, 2012, 2:51 pm #14

Oh, come on......everyone should get a trophy!!!

March 4th, 2012, 2:53 pm #15

Hey Glynn... Bring back the BHC for the Mites... I don't know what's more exciting to a little kid than to play for a championship... Why was this removed?? Because of ADM? Makes zero sense why these kids who you are " trying to keep interested in hockey" can't play in the BHC.... You get plenty of $$ from all the bullshit scams out there like ADM... Where else does my / our money go? You people don't understand how to run a hockey organization in Illinois... Look at the way Minnesota or Michigan runs their programs and then look at us... Illinois in light years away from Minnesota but hey... We have the almighty ADM which will set us back even further...but... We got a shitload of $$ from somewhere to promote this lame ass program... All because the kids don't have "FUN". Well here's a newsflash for you Mr. President... The kids had fun before ADM and I think they did just fine, they also loved the BHC and being able to play for a purpose/goal of winning a state championship... Now that you took that away... What motivates the kids? How would you like to work for a person or company and never be told that you did a good job? Tell me what would motivate you to continue working hard? It's called recognition and that means more to a person than anything... But we have ADM so.... We don't need to have our kids compete for a goal because according to USA hockey, competition in detrimental at early ages...they said so in their flashy charts and graphs that someone spent lots of money on. Illinois hockey has really fallen below hockey standards and we have people like yourself to thank. Thanks for nothing.
Can't blame NIHL for no state tourney at Mite level. AHAI runs the BH Cup for state tourney and NIHL has the Wolves Cup for NIHL tourney. NIHL kept Mite travel and Mite Wolves Cup this year.

Right Idea, Wrong Villain
Right Idea, Wrong Villain

March 4th, 2012, 3:28 pm #16

I agree that it would be great to continue to have a Mite State Championship.

But, you need to take that issue up with AHAI.

NIHL still has Mite Championships in its league at the Mite Elite, Mite Gold, Mite Silver and Mite Bronze levels.

hockey mom
hockey mom

March 7th, 2012, 1:43 am #17

NIHL runs a great league and has pushed back at AHIA, who has tried to force lousy changes, and thanks to the NIHL Board of volunteers NIHL is solid.

It is an AHIA problem. AHAI also executes rules for highschool hockey that detracts from competitive balance.

Send a letter of complaint to the AHAI president. Better yet, show up at a AHAI Board meeting and complain. Too many complainers never make an effort to get them to listen and change for the better.

Blackhawk Cup is well run, to their credit. The have the best teams at each level playing the best from other clubs...the way it should be during the whole league regular season but cant due to multiple tier II leagues. As a cheap F*&! I cant stand the fact they charge at the door....they have over a half million in cash balance and pay their buddies well for work that should be close to volunteer for Love of the Game.

Tier 02 fan
Tier 02 fan

March 10th, 2012, 12:58 am #18

I agree NIHL does do a great job, and is probably the main reason that Illinois travel mites are still playing full ice hockey. A few years back AHAI was definetely gulping the ADM KoolAid and seriously thinking about completely dumping mite full ice hockey in Illinois. However, at that time NIHL was instrumental in getting everyone involved to take a deep breath and not to rush into a decision that they may regret down the line. To AHAI's credit they subsequently went out on a state tour to try and sell the ADM and in that process AHAI finally learned a lot about their membership. Today many other USA Hockey affiliates are now regreting their decision which fully adopted the ADM cross ice model because their paying customers do not like it ALL THE TIME. They are damned tired of it after three years. In fact, michigan's version of AHAI saw 25 of their Mite teams bail out of USA Hockey after the higher ups in michigan mandated cross ice ADM hockey for all Mites. Now the novelty of the new ADM is wearing off, and Illinois was wise to wait and see how things progressed.

Also, NIHL does have a Mite Championship at five levels of Mite Hockey, so the previous poster is off base for ripping the League. NIHL seems to be well run, is actually run by 37+ clubs who elect officers each year, and the officers actually run the league as the clubs see fit. Imagine that! NIHL has a Mite Championship because that is what their membership wants. AHAI does not have a mite championship because the AHAI directors have decided to ignore their membership in favor of chumming up to the folks at USA Hockey.

Anon
Anon

March 10th, 2012, 2:12 am #19

NIHL is good in that the tiering road gets MOST teams in the right level of play. MOST teams get some wins and loses and have a chance to develop rather than being in way over your head or way above all the other teams before the season starts at CDHL.

NIHL is NOT what I would call great though. With all the sponsorship including the wolves have fees dropped? That money does not get to the end users yet the patches must go on.

Treasurer
Treasurer

March 10th, 2012, 2:57 pm #20

Yes, NIHL fees have dropped significantly since the Wolves got involved with the league. On top of that NIHL does not charge a club or team fee for any teams participating in the Wolves Cup, or a gate fee for any of the Wolves Cup games, except for the Championships in Joliet.