The quick demise of Team Illinois

The quick demise of Team Illinois

AAA observer
AAA observer

April 10th, 2012, 10:42 pm #1

Team Illinois has very quickly become the weakest Tier 1 club in Illinois. Their main feeder club is one of the weakest Tier 2 clubs (leafs). Was the decision really well thought through or just a way to try to avoid paying back the Edge. It's my understanding that they have to pay back the Edge anyway. So what can be attributed to the main reason for their quick demise other than their location. They have the same coaches as when they were successful and same amount of ice, right?

If they were to move back to a central location at this point would it be enough to save their club?
Who really thought this would work?

I live in Addison and would love to have more realistic options as my kid doesn't drive yet.

anon
anon

April 10th, 2012, 11:09 pm #2

This has been discussed many times. Hopefully for the last time here goes.
TI was able to buy ice at Leafs Center for a very very low price and also for a 5 year locked in rate.
Whether TI teams are good or bad does not matter to them. All that matters is they have FULL rosters at all levels. This is about making money. Its a business. Winning does not make them more or less money. Whether a AA Leafs player writes the check to TI or a upset Mission AAA player coming over to TI its the same money.
The only way (which will never happen) that TI would get hurt is if they could not field a team at a given level. I hope that clears it up to you. Oh, and my sources tell me they will not be paying the edge back anything.

TI Demise
TI Demise

April 11th, 2012, 12:33 am #3

If JM was running a business he would have been fired years ago. Maybe put in jail because the way he stiffed Bensenville. Rumor has it he pulled down 180K last year and you wonder why he's playing only a limited role this coming year. TI is gonna feel it in the girls program. They'll probably be down a team and have small rosters on the other teams. You're right the boys teams will be filled with AA or AAA cuts. Parents will always pay for their boys to carry a AAA bag. Not so much with the girls. JM doesn't care. He's moving on to his RR business with his lover. All you TI parents basically put him in business. You were used. Choo choo.

Dr. T
Dr. T

April 11th, 2012, 12:56 am #4

Why is it so hard for you folks to understand. Its all about the money. Its the greed that drives EVERYONE in chicago. It buys envy and respect. Who runs the most people has the best house, nicest car and hottest wife. Its not about developing kids. Once you understand the impetus you can figure everyone out. PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Hal
Hal

April 15th, 2012, 2:36 pm #5

Team Illinois has very quickly become the weakest Tier 1 club in Illinois. Their main feeder club is one of the weakest Tier 2 clubs (leafs). Was the decision really well thought through or just a way to try to avoid paying back the Edge. It's my understanding that they have to pay back the Edge anyway. So what can be attributed to the main reason for their quick demise other than their location. They have the same coaches as when they were successful and same amount of ice, right?

If they were to move back to a central location at this point would it be enough to save their club?
Who really thought this would work?

I live in Addison and would love to have more realistic options as my kid doesn't drive yet.
TI should move further west. Maybe then they can at least get kids from Rockford.

April 15th, 2012, 4:07 pm #6

At least they have nice uniforms. ;)

AAA Parent
AAA Parent

April 16th, 2012, 1:15 am #7

"Its all about the money"What ?
You must be simply a moron-I have kid in 97 level .Coach cares .Money will not buy you talent-your kids has it or not regardless of your "money" or your wife.Any moment now I could be poor ,have fat wife (like most of you b/c you are fat),drive a junk and my horse can still name his team .It is not about the money !!!

Anon
Anon

April 16th, 2012, 1:22 am #8

This team was total crap. It was a decent AA team at best. it is about the money......buys your way on a crappy AAA team.

April 16th, 2012, 7:44 pm #9

"Its all about the money"What ?
You must be simply a moron-I have kid in 97 level .Coach cares .Money will not buy you talent-your kids has it or not regardless of your "money" or your wife.Any moment now I could be poor ,have fat wife (like most of you b/c you are fat),drive a junk and my horse can still name his team .It is not about the money !!!
Arrogance diminishes wisdom

You'll learn soon enough.

Anon
Anon

April 16th, 2012, 9:48 pm #10

Where do you think all the Mission cuts are going? Only 4 or 5 of the current 97's at Mission will be there next year. Same with CYA. TI WILL improve.