November 24th, 2010, 2:37 pm #1

anon
anon

November 24th, 2010, 5:06 pm #2

i'm suprised it tokk this long

Hockey Parent of Many
Hockey Parent of Many

November 29th, 2010, 11:13 pm #3

This is a bad idea. Other states and other countries will continue to skirt around this with select teams, etc. only to gain further advantages. If anything, start AAA sooner, not later, and limit travel and games and increase practice and instruction to allow for the development of more players. My sons' best memories were at the squirt level when the competition was fierce, the travel was fun, and the kids he played with were great to be around. Let's not screw this up as this goes along with the other logic that players shouldn't check till Pee Wee Major.

November 30th, 2010, 1:09 am #4

Why should we worry what other countries are doing? "To gain further advantages" of what? 9 and 10 year old hockey? However, I do agree that AAA at Squirt age should not be done away with, but "start AAA sooner"??? What.....AAA Mini Mites? That would just give parents a couple more years headstart to get really over the top!

AA
AA

December 2nd, 2010, 7:23 pm #5

A good AA team and organisation will accomplish the skill development with far less travel and far less dough. Few of the AAA Squirts are still playing AAA at Midgets. Conversely most AAA Midgets played for good AA Coaches at Squirts and Pee Wee's developing solid fundamentals.

December 3rd, 2010, 2:15 pm #6

By the lack of participation on this subject, I change my opinion since obviously no one cares. They should pull the plug on Squirt AAA!

PARENT
PARENT

December 22nd, 2010, 5:55 pm #7

This is a bad idea. Other states and other countries will continue to skirt around this with select teams, etc. only to gain further advantages. If anything, start AAA sooner, not later, and limit travel and games and increase practice and instruction to allow for the development of more players. My sons' best memories were at the squirt level when the competition was fierce, the travel was fun, and the kids he played with were great to be around. Let's not screw this up as this goes along with the other logic that players shouldn't check till Pee Wee Major.
I have two boys currently playing AAA on the Bantam m and Midget M level. They did not start AAA until (one was a 2nd yr PW the other a 1st yr Bantam). Let's face it folks those parents who are sending their kids to AAA as Squirts are doing it for themselves not the kids. They want to tell
people that "My kid’s playing AAA" and to keep up with the Jones. Big deal. Reality check, the local Chicagoland AAA teams barely had enough kids to put teams together on the Squirt AAA level. So guess what, you pay the bill, you make the team!!! These kids should all be playing close to home, with their local school friends, friends from other sports etc.. Between the drive to the rink, arriving early for off ice, getting undressed and the drive home families are spending up to 5 hours for a 60 minute practice- OUTRAGEOUS!!!
THIS WILL BURN YOUR CHILD OUT!!

December 24th, 2010, 3:59 am #8

Too much money involved in this sport...they will not eliminate AAA Squirt!

UNCLE VITO
UNCLE VITO

December 25th, 2010, 3:12 am #9

IS THIS FINAL YEAR FOR SQT AAA?

Hockey Parent
Hockey Parent

December 26th, 2010, 2:06 pm #10

I have two boys currently playing AAA on the Bantam m and Midget M level. They did not start AAA until (one was a 2nd yr PW the other a 1st yr Bantam). Let's face it folks those parents who are sending their kids to AAA as Squirts are doing it for themselves not the kids. They want to tell
people that "My kid’s playing AAA" and to keep up with the Jones. Big deal. Reality check, the local Chicagoland AAA teams barely had enough kids to put teams together on the Squirt AAA level. So guess what, you pay the bill, you make the team!!! These kids should all be playing close to home, with their local school friends, friends from other sports etc.. Between the drive to the rink, arriving early for off ice, getting undressed and the drive home families are spending up to 5 hours for a 60 minute practice- OUTRAGEOUS!!!
THIS WILL BURN YOUR CHILD OUT!!
I have several kids who played AAA from the very beginning and your perspective couldn't be further from the truth. Kids burn out because they simply lose their love for the game, or their passion to the level needed, to keep playing. I can tell you that my experience doesn't include 5 hours for every practice so I'm not sure about where you live and where you played. The bottom line here is AAA is a great level, the instruction is better, the competition is better, and the opportunities to advance to the next level beyond AAA are there. AAA is not about keeping up with the Jones', rather its about playing a great sport at a high level with the hopes that your kid can play beyond high school. Anyone who is playing AAA for any other reason should play AA and not waste the money.