NIHL AA/CSDHL

NIHL AA/CSDHL

HockeyNoob
HockeyNoob

May 3rd, 2011, 6:43 pm #1

What is the difference between NIHL AA and CSDHL?

anon
anon

May 3rd, 2011, 7:38 pm #2

csdhl members are usually the larger clubs. NIHL is smaller clubs.

Cayhob
Cayhob

May 3rd, 2011, 10:04 pm #3

Well, except that the CSDHL and NIHL are usually the same CLUBS ... CSDHL is $500 more expensive in fees but arguably tougher competition and greater travel than NIHL AA.

http://cayhockey.blogspot.com/2010/12/w ... ey-in.html

anon
anon

May 3rd, 2011, 11:48 pm #4

What is the difference between NIHL AA and CSDHL?
With the exception of a couple of clubs in IL it is the same.

z
z

May 4th, 2011, 11:05 am #5

They are 2 different AA leagues. Clubs that are big enough can have teams in more than one league. NHL has more member clubs and teams, and more division levels (elite, gold, silver, bronze... and can be silver tier 1, tier2, etc.) CSDHL is smaller and simpler, and uses major and minor divisions. Yes, Central states is farther travel and more expensive... and is slightly more competitive... but close to NIHL elite level. There are those who say Central States dilutes and confuses competition in Illinois, and should be eliminated. Best thing to do to get a sense of it is look at both their websites, including the teams at the different levels.

Anon
Anon

May 4th, 2011, 12:28 pm #6

Are all looking at the new aaa NIHL, and may well be making the move to the new league.

May 4th, 2011, 3:14 pm #7

Oh please! I dont think so... If any thing they will be in both. The new Tier II AAA league is wannabe AAA and would not fare well vs the stronger CS clubs like Blues.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 4th, 2011, 3:34 pm #8

" Are all looking at the new aaa NIHL, and may well be making the move to the new league."

The true AAA teams will have nothing to do with the jokers who are running this. Ahai probaly would like to run these two right out of Illinois. Why in the world would a respected league (CSDHL) have anything to do with this?

Anyone who has a half a brain in the hockey world is running as fast as they can away.

I find it interesting that anyone would even get on this board and throw this out. Perhaps this person is naive or part of the BS. Keep up the good work, but don't think we won't call you on it.

Anon
Anon

May 5th, 2011, 1:36 pm #9

I can understand the theory behind this league. Teams like Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay and others are just sick and tired playing an independant schedule. The website states that only one Chicago team is participating. I don't know enough about the AHAI rules, but I suspect the Chicago IceDogs will not be allowed to participate. If respectable organizations like the Indy Racers are willing to leave the CSDHL, what does that say about the state of CSDHL? My son plays on a CSDHL team and I have to say, the competition is pretty damn lame. Is this new league really AAA hockey? There will be some very good teams, but compared to LC, HB, Compuware, Mission, St. Louis......none of these teams will be even come close to the elite, but who really cares. Parity is the key to this league. It looks like the competition will be a hell of a lot better than Chicago's NIHL and the CSDHL. Now....for the two individuals that are spear heading this league. I can't say because I really don't know these individuals. From what everybody says...their crooks, but unfortunately, there are a lot of crooks in youth hockey. Especially in Chicago. Again, the theory behind this league is a great idea, the execution and the people behind are in question. I, for one, hope it flies!

May 5th, 2011, 2:46 pm #10

Madison and G. Bay USED to be in C.S. until 5 yrs ago. They also played in a AAA league with St. Louis jr. Blues, Chicago Chill ( now Fury ), Mission, and I think Milwaukee AAA ( jr. Adimarals now ).
When they pulled out of CS, CS went downhill fast.
There are 2 St. Louis teams and 1 team from Indy in CS now.....THAT's it !
Why have it ?
7 or 8 local teams and 3 from out of state ?
If they want to have a CS league, the out of state teams should have to come up here and play....NO trips to Indy or St. L to ACCOMODATE those 3 orgs. period.
Isn't part of new ADM model and HPHL league about less travel and less $$$ ?
Hockey is WAY to expensive now in Chicago, gas at $4.50 a gallon, driving from N. shore to Orland Park or Romeoville is enough travel.
Ther should be 3 divisions of NIHL ( gold, silver and bronze or 1,2,3 or whatever else you want to call them)and thats it. NO CS.
Travel out of town should be up to each team or org. and forget about CS.
If a kid is that much better than everyone else at AA, then play AAA.