NEW AHAI RULE ?

NEW AHAI RULE ?

Concerned AA Parent
Concerned AA Parent

March 16th, 2012, 1:58 pm #1

I'm a 02 parent and have heard from MANY people now that there is a NEW Rule from AHAI that is going to limit the amount of games a AA team can play vs. AAA teams?

Does anyone know if this is a FACT yet?

If so, I'm thinking about going to AAA? Not because I feel I have to but because I want my kid pushed against some of the higher end kids here and in Michigan etc......?

Anon
Anon

March 16th, 2012, 2:31 pm #2

I've heard it HAS passed and will be known as official as soon as Monday. I'm not sure what prompted this rule but not sure it's a bad thing? Not many AA teams are good enough to play AAA teams anyhow? Crappy AAA teams sure but then what is the purpose of that?

March 16th, 2012, 2:47 pm #3

I'm a 02 parent and have heard from MANY people now that there is a NEW Rule from AHAI that is going to limit the amount of games a AA team can play vs. AAA teams?

If so, I'm thinking about going to AAA? Not because I feel I have to but because I want my kid pushed against some of the higher end kids here and in Michigan etc......?
One would never know, as they haven't posted the minutes since September, 2011.

anon
anon

March 16th, 2012, 2:58 pm #4

Home of the free, land of the brave. We have turned into a bureaucratic jumble of rules and regulations of which 80% are not needed.

haha
haha

March 16th, 2012, 3:05 pm #5

Its called the "RYAN TAYLOR AAA" rule. Pretend AAA not wanted in Illinois.At least now he has a rule named after him. He is a Legend!!!!

J
J

March 16th, 2012, 9:57 pm #6

Michigan does not have AAA HOCKEY next year at the 02 (sq major) level. Save your money unless you are going to play for a great coach.

wondering
wondering

March 16th, 2012, 10:40 pm #7

One would never know, as they haven't posted the minutes since September, 2011.
AHAI claims they will post minutes EVERY month... guess that meant EVERY MONTH in 2011...or maybe not. Some of those are missing too..... funny. You would think they didn't want anyone to know what they are doing. Oh wait, maybe they don't!

aaadetroit
aaadetroit

March 18th, 2012, 3:23 am #8

Michigan does not have AAA HOCKEY next year at the 02 (sq major) level. Save your money unless you are going to play for a great coach.
They will play under their club teams to get around rule,they will have aaa teams just disguised as club

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 19th, 2012, 1:46 pm #9

Detroit AAA clubs have both AA and AAA charters, the Detroit 2002's will play under th AA charter. What this means is they cannot have kids on their roster that are out of their district. This means they will be good AA clubs, but they will not have AAA depth. They will be the same teams they are this year, not AAA. In the end, AAA clubs in Illinois will be playing AA clubs in Detroit. AAA in Illinois is going to be heavily diluted and competition will be average.

wrong
wrong

March 19th, 2012, 3:04 pm #10

The Michigan teams have already started to form. Teams are allowed 3 out of district players. After 1 season they are not considered out of district.