MN JR Tier 1?

MN JR Tier 1?

May 2nd, 2012, 3:21 am #1

Why with so many awesome players drafted into the Futures USHL JR T1, there are no U teams in MN?

I was just looking? It makes no sense to me? Producing some of the greatest players and there is no JR T1 U team in MN? Do I need glasses?

bo dangles
bo dangles

May 2nd, 2012, 4:01 am #2

Too much competition to sell it. High school hockey is too big and a lot of D1 and D3 hockey in MN

bo dangles
bo dangles

May 2nd, 2012, 4:01 am #3

Why with so many awesome players drafted into the Futures USHL JR T1, there are no U teams in MN?

I was just looking? It makes no sense to me? Producing some of the greatest players and there is no JR T1 U team in MN? Do I need glasses?
Too much competition to sell it. High school hockey is too big and a lot of D1 and D3 hockey in MN

May 2nd, 2012, 5:33 am #4

Huh?

Not sure what you mean?

anon
anon

May 2nd, 2012, 11:42 am #5

The USHL is a business, you have to attract and sell attendance to generate dollars to pay for the kids equipment and travel expense. There are too many other hockey events for there to be enough USHL fans to support a team. OH wait, this will make it easier, The Express, tried twice in 2 leagues and failed both times, same problem.

ushl vs HS
ushl vs HS

May 18th, 2012, 2:36 am #6

MN is trying a NA3HL team and thinking they may get it to take off and move to the NAHL and then may start USHL.. you do have Fargo only 1 hour away.

Danglea
Danglea

May 18th, 2012, 3:36 am #7

Austin is in the NAHL