KaneBusted
KaneBusted

August 9th, 2009, 4:31 pm #1

August 9th, 2009, 5:38 pm #2

Dissapointing!

be real
be real

August 9th, 2009, 7:18 pm #3

so it's 5am your both drunk ,the cabbie is pissing u off,words are said, things happen.next thing u know you're going to jail. What just happened ? I think the cabbie is getting some pay back.

St. Looie
St. Looie

August 9th, 2009, 8:20 pm #4

Chances are the boys might have partaking in a few adult beverages. Kudos to them for not driving. But boys, if 20 cents is gonna escalate into something you might want to cut yourself off a little bit earlier. A 20 year old millionaire I know I would have been in a lot more trouble if I actually had money at that age.

By the way, when did they make the drinking age 20 in New York State?

me
me

August 9th, 2009, 9:20 pm #5

bad tippers, yes, disorderly conduct, maybe, but robbery is a ridiculous charge.

August 10th, 2009, 3:16 pm #6

The robbery charge brings in "felony", which brings in leverage. In the end it will all be misdemeanors, guilty pleas, fines, and suspensions.

Hasn't Kane been living in Chicago where cabs are a way of life. In 25 years of taking cabs I don't think I ever handled change. Tip 20% and round up - it's real easy. I've never met a cabbie or waitress that got rich doing what they do, and most work 10 - 12 hour shifts just to get by.

In the bigger picture I hope we're not seeing another Arnason or worse, Bell.

You
You

August 10th, 2009, 3:17 pm #7

bad tippers, yes, disorderly conduct, maybe, but robbery is a ridiculous charge.
It doesn't matter he is an ambassador for the Hawks and Chicago and youth players all over look up to him and idolize him. He should be punished by the Hawks and the league. Thousands of 20 yr. olds would love to be in his shoes and he does something stupid like this? I'm sure alcohol played a huge role but it is still no excuse. Plus he makes over $875,000 say keep the change buddy. Bottom line it is a black eye for the organization,the city,and hockey in general.

August 10th, 2009, 3:26 pm #8

The robbery charge brings in "felony", which brings in leverage. In the end it will all be misdemeanors, guilty pleas, fines, and suspensions.

Hasn't Kane been living in Chicago where cabs are a way of life. In 25 years of taking cabs I don't think I ever handled change. Tip 20% and round up - it's real easy. I've never met a cabbie or waitress that got rich doing what they do, and most work 10 - 12 hour shifts just to get by.

In the bigger picture I hope we're not seeing another Arnason or worse, Bell.
Kane has a reputation for ditching out on cabs in Chicago. It is known in the circles he runs that when the cab door is opened he runs out on paying.

Pictures of Cabbie assaulted aren't pretty. Makes the two Kanes look like little thugs. Money doesn't buy class and Kanes actions drunken or not are inexcusable. It's easy to be respectful and seem like a model athlete when you know the camera is on but what someone does off film speaks to who they really are. How about him telling the cabbie you don't know who you are messing with?

Hope he learns a lesson quickly, he's young and would be a shame to think he already is messing up big time.

Isn't he another product of the NTDP good old boy club? Hope he isn't another priviledged punk.

August 10th, 2009, 5:42 pm #9

It doesn't matter he is an ambassador for the Hawks and Chicago and youth players all over look up to him and idolize him. He should be punished by the Hawks and the league. Thousands of 20 yr. olds would love to be in his shoes and he does something stupid like this? I'm sure alcohol played a huge role but it is still no excuse. Plus he makes over $875,000 say keep the change buddy. Bottom line it is a black eye for the organization,the city,and hockey in general.
with bonus last year. Can't afford $0.20. Pretty sad

Anchor Bar Bill
Anchor Bar Bill

August 10th, 2009, 6:02 pm #10

Dissapointing!
Your now seeing the REAL PK! I hate to say it but you watch, he will be out of Chicago before his contract gets renewed! REMEMBER BELL IN OTTAWA???. He's going to cost you mega $$, he doesn't back check or play any D, his plus minus SUCKS and now he's acting tough with a 63 year old cabbie! Who do you want, Toews, Kane or Keith if you had to pick 2 out of the 3 to pay? Adios PK, hope that $1.20 gets you some wings at the Anchor Bar! IDIOT...