huskies jr C

huskies jr C

puzzled
puzzled

August 13th, 2008, 9:03 pm #1

So what is going on with this JR C league? Is this a joke or what. Who would pay $6000/yr for Jr C.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 13th, 2008, 9:38 pm #2

obviously your lil johnny who couldnt make the highschool jv team

anonymous
anonymous

August 14th, 2008, 1:28 pm #3

Not in the program but word has it that this is Junior B hockey not C. Also, I saw a tryout for this team and they look like a great team! I don't know what the cost of it is but they could definitely beat any Midget Major or Varsity team that I have seen play.

August 14th, 2008, 2:22 pm #4

NONSENSE.

dog beater
dog beater

August 15th, 2008, 3:42 am #5

Not in the program but word has it that this is Junior B hockey not C. Also, I saw a tryout for this team and they look like a great team! I don't know what the cost of it is but they could definitely beat any Midget Major or Varsity team that I have seen play.
this team would not beat many good teams at any level

anonymous
anonymous

August 15th, 2008, 1:38 pm #6

Don't be jealous just cause your kid can't measure up! A lot of jealous people out there! Go play soccer!

dogbeater
dogbeater

August 15th, 2008, 4:21 pm #7

why would I be jealous? If my kid wanted to be on the team all he had to do was tryout! I do not think one kid was cut.

August 16th, 2008, 2:47 am #8

There was one cut. 26 tried out, 25 made it. Stiff competition I guess. When will they actually post a roster.

Pully
Pully

August 16th, 2008, 4:12 am #9

Junior B tryouts are way after Junior A tryouts. Look on the USHL teams websites and see how many of them have their rosters posted. Now you figure it out! Teams, from the USHL and down are over their roster limit until final cuts then everything will trickle down. So, bottom line, I bet that at least five that are currently on the team will still be cut.

August 20th, 2008, 2:00 pm #10

obviously your lil johnny who couldnt make the highschool jv team
Is it such a big deal for a kid to play Junior C or even Junior A Tier 3. Lets not look at the league, remember its about the kids. The Junior C teams are a good alternative for a young player who may not have the skills for AAA, but they want to play against bigger and olders players. For some kids it is better then playing HS which cost 5000 per year with less games and less ice time. With 20 min periods and cuts between the kids get a full game. A game where a kid can travel without the parents and get a taste of hockey on the road. Is it the best alternative for all players, no ,but it gives players an option. If a young 92 or 93 can move up to Junior A Teir 3 after a year and maybe develop it could open an option for playing Div III hockey if the players grades are very good. In either case it really doesn't matter, all a player is trying to do is play a little bit longer and hold on to a childhood dream. For any of us to try to take that away is not in the best interest of the kids. So instead of ripping on a league or players or teams show some support to all the teams that are giving players a place to play. That includes House, AA AAA HS Junior C Junior A Teir 3 NAHL USHL College CLUB.

Just so you know I do not have a player on a Junior team!