Fury

Fury

Santo
Santo

June 21st, 2010, 1:44 am #1

With Granato in place as director, the Fury will field teams that will be compete by year's end. They have some good experienced players at the 14u and 16u level. They have a commitment to player development and some good people to work with their kids. I would not be surprised if they surprise a lot of folks come the new year.

surprised???
surprised???

June 22nd, 2010, 7:32 am #2

Granato has no talent to work with.....They will be lucky to win NIHL...........and won
t win Tier One games at all........... a VERY Long season indeed.

Wait
Wait

June 22nd, 2010, 11:56 am #3

Rob is a very good coach, and a better person to boot. The kids he has right now will develop under his guidance. And he will begin to draw more in the years to come. His girls are young, so I can see him in that position for years to come. Girls love his style and approach to coaching. The Fury is lucky to have him.

Hockey Dad
Hockey Dad

June 22nd, 2010, 1:00 pm #4

I think it will be good for all of Chicago area girls hockey, if he can get this program going in the right direction. Good Luck Rob.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 22nd, 2010, 1:25 pm #5

Agreed. Great guy. Good luck getting this going.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 22nd, 2010, 11:43 pm #6

As someone not part of the organization I want to wish the Fury all the best. I really wish people would wake up and realize that for the most part the skill level is pretty equal, sure there are some with better physical attributes but frankly it all comes down to the coaching. I will probably get a lot of flack for saying this but there is a certain organization, and I know most of you know who I am referring to that puts girls who they think have talent on their team and then the coaches sit back and ask them to score and basically scrimmage all year. No one gets any better, in fact many of the girls get worse with this approach and the coaching is a joke and soon that mentality will ruin them. JUST PUTTING TOGETHER a bunch of talented girls does not produce a good team as many of them are only out there playing for their own pointstreak number. Good coaching makes all of the difference and I am lucky to say MY daughter benefited from a superior coach early on and i am grateful to that coach for what he taught her. The more competitive teams the better for girls hockey, so please to all of you who may feel the need to put the Fury down, look at your own team and what you are getting and you know WHO you are and tell me if your coaching is superior.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 25th, 2012, 7:53 pm #7

Fury 3
Mission 2

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 26th, 2012, 2:10 am #8

Congrats to Fury Girls...not really an upset though...

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 27th, 2012, 1:43 am #9

Yep. I would call it: Devastation!

Mr. Obvious
Mr. Obvious

February 29th, 2012, 6:09 pm #10

Anyone who knows Rob Granato, as a coach, or personally, is in no way surprised by the outcome of this round robin. He is a great coach who TEACHES hockey, along with the love of the game. His hockey knowledge is unsurpassed by any current coach, or hockey director in Illinois. It comes as no surprise that his team outplayed the mission U16 team, because he is a superior coach. His talent for development must be respected, and acknowledged.