Dells Ducks- best junior team in tier III for kids who want the next level

Dells Ducks- best junior team in tier III for kids who want the next level

ducks fan
ducks fan

October 15th, 2011, 7:31 pm #1

What else can you say about an expansion team. Total class organization that has 25 very happy kids who are having the times of there lives.

First place in the prestigious MNJHL is frosting on the cake.

First time owner, first time coaches, and a bunch of Illinois talent = most successful Junior Team out there

Colleges have come out to every game to scout players that will go to next level. All junior teams are calling there players to try and persuade them. Lots of snakes out there.

Check out there website and every Junior Team should be run like the guy who owns them does it. He is setting the bar for Junior Hockey and youth hockey tournaments !!

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 15th, 2011, 8:01 pm #2

Congrats to the ducks so far but realistically.... they are still in the MnJHL which is hardly an NCAA feeder league

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 15th, 2011, 8:06 pm #3

I almost pissed my pants I was laughing so hard when I read this.

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 15th, 2011, 8:45 pm #4

What else can you say about an expansion team. Total class organization that has 25 very happy kids who are having the times of there lives.

First time owner, first time coaches, and a bunch of Illinois talent = most successful Junior Team out there

Colleges have come out to every game to scout players that will go to next level. All junior teams are calling there players to try and persuade them. Lots of snakes out there.

Check out there website and every Junior Team should be run like the guy who owns them does it. He is setting the bar for Junior Hockey and youth hockey tournaments !!
You must be an owner of another junior team or someone jealous of the Dells Ducks.
Dont hate and keep watching. USA Hockey is very excited about the Dells Ducks since they received the quickest approval of a Junior Team ever !!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 15th, 2011, 8:55 pm #5

While the team is doing very well, I think it is an overstatement that they are the best tier III team to move kids to the next level. You need to keep in mind that there are teams int he EJHL who have upwards of 10 players with D1 scholarships per season. I am not trying to take away anything from their success, their record deserved recognition, but not as much as you have given them.

ducks fan
ducks fan

October 15th, 2011, 9:06 pm #6

you are 100% correct. I was overzealous with the subject line. Point well taken.
just fun to see a Junior team doing well that is an expansion team and getting exposure for Illinois hockey that can be positive going forward. Minnesota gets all the attention but Illinois players can hold there own.

Sorry about the overzealous subject line.

KJ
KJ

October 15th, 2011, 9:11 pm #7

IP 198.228.225.13 you need to lighten up. Did your son who got cut from all junior levels finally score a goal at juniors and now you are spouting off and even ripping other junior teams and people involved with other junior teams. The MNJHL will never be scouted by NCAA schools, maybe club teams. The MNJHL, in all scouts minds is still, and always will be JUNIOR B, which means it is a TERRIBLE LEAGUE!!!

Donald
Donald

October 16th, 2011, 12:13 am #8

Cmon is this for real. Is there on kid that played aaa midget. Is this a floor hockey league?

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 16th, 2011, 2:08 am #9

Hopefully the kids and team are having a great time, kudos for that.

This league is not good and MAYBE 1 top top kid will ever play in a descent college program.

Just enjoy the year because there is no future for these kids in hockey.

October 20th, 2011, 2:12 pm #10

The biggest problem is that they actually let that many Illinois people into the league. Not because I think the kids are bad players, because of all the BS of the vain and envious parents that are involved.

I think by this time, these kids and their parents realize that they won't be playing DI hockey. But there are plenty of other options like D3 and ACHA. Nobody has died or suffered from playing a couple more years of the game they love. There are numerous D3 schools in Wisconsin and Minnesota that have past MnJHL kids on their roster.

Here is one for example:http://athletics.augsburg.edu/roster.aspx?path=mhockey

Mix of NA, MnJHL, NA3 and Canadian Tier II kids.

Many others actually get a chance to move up in Juniors.

Illinois hockey attitudes, just shameful. How about just letting them play!