CONGRATULATIONS

IL FAN
IL FAN

April 1st, 2012, 7:12 pm #1

Congrats to all of the Illinois teams for a great showing at Nationals!!

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Chicago Mission 99s (Tier 1 Youth 12U)
Glenview Stars (Tier 2 Girls 12U)

NATIONAL FINALISTS
Chicago Mission (Tier 1 Girls 19U)

BRONZE MEDALISTS
Chicago Mission (Tier 1 Youth Midget Minor)
Bruins (Tier 2 Youth 12U)
Blues (Tier 2 Youth 14U)
Sabres (Tier 2 Youth Midget Minor)
Bruins (Tier 2 Youth Midget Major)
CYA (Tier 1 Girls 12U)
Falcons (Tier 2 Girls 14U)

NATIONAL QUARTERFINALISTS
CYA (Tier 1 Girls 16U)
Bruins (Tier 2 Girls 16U)
Huskies (Tier 2 Youth Midget Major)

April 2nd, 2012, 1:18 am #2

They let go an EP player who went onto Jrs and is ranked just below their star player. Had they kept him, they would have dominated the entire season and took home the title!

STUPID...but fitting I guess. They took a kid from NW Chicago that had no business being there!!!! In hockey politics, the team always loses and a few kids win!!!!

Fan
Fan

April 2nd, 2012, 1:22 am #3

Politics or not, one player will not matter!

April 2nd, 2012, 1:40 am #4

Really? You are the exact problem with Illinois hockey!

People (coaches, etc.) that have your mindset is exactly why fewer kids from USA make the NHL! It should never be about money, or 'it's who you know' - than a kids talent! A great player SHOULD ALWAYS MAKE THE TEAM!!!! Not because he wasn't expected to be on the roster 'bullshit'!

I know personally many awesome hockey players that have left the game because they were talented in baseball, basketball and football but finally 'gave in' to the horrible political posture of Illinois hockey. Had they stuck with it, wow??? Would the star players really be star players today?

Really??? The scouts best prospect just one year ago who they thought was chicken pot pie and now chicken broth!!!!

It's sad! Sad that people like you chase away great players that really could be future greats. I'm just glad you weren't in Wayne's hockey career. There will be another Modano, just so you don't get involved!!!!!

April 2nd, 2012, 1:47 am #5

To say one player doesn't matter, you might want to discuss playing nationals without NS!!

Your comment was absurd!

anon
anon

April 2nd, 2012, 2:48 am #6

Can we give the ns bs (back slapping). greatest gift to hockey crap a rest.

April 2nd, 2012, 1:38 pm #7

Politics or not, one player will not matter!
I tend to disagree with that statement. One player DOES matter. How about if Malkin didn't step up to the plate while Crosby was recovering? Pittsburgh wouldn't have even made the playoffs this year! So....one player DOES matter and is even more so in youth sports! One player can carry a whole team even in the U18 ranks.

April 2nd, 2012, 3:18 pm #8

Bad intentions. Bad results. This team not winning natianals is a disappointment. They didnt take the best kids. As Steve Miller said "go on take the money and run"

i see crazy people...
i see crazy people...

April 2nd, 2012, 4:55 pm #9

Maybe some superstar player's attitude is bad for the team. Also likely is that his parents are so over the top, you don't want them. Who knows who, what, where, why, exactly? But you think you know, don't you? You will continue to spew your own take... which is your right.

Here's my take => Some coaches are not good people and as hockey grows, the percentage is likely to rise, but they still need to win most of the time or they are replaced. They won't shoot themselves in the foot completely for the money. The biggest problem that looms on the horizon is you {type parents}. Twitchy, judge every f*cking decision, I know what makes the best team, god damn viruses. You're typically louder than the normal "let's play hockey" type of parent, so you begin to mutate newbies that have no clue how to help your kid develop great skills while giving them SOME FUN growing up in the hockey machine incubator. KIDS THAT MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE DO DROP OUT, not because of coaches, BUT BECAUSE OF YOU WONDERFUL PARENTS. A kid doesn't need to be on national championship teams to get noticed, you dipsh*ts. I realize my rant is futile. You will all throw rocks and go back to your entrenched hockey success model. Sad, really.

April 3rd, 2012, 2:02 am #10

The guy above stating anything about parents at the mm level as being crazies needs to get his head examined! Yeah, most of those parents at each of those games, when their kid were minor mites and squirts, I'm sure each of them at one time or another 'got out of hand'! Especially since most of those kids were playing AA and AAA then too!

But really? Now? Most of the crazies I knew back then have all tamed down because for crying-out-loud, your kid's a mm!!!! Haven't you learned anything?? Really?

And even then, to build a team around level headed parents, hot moms and kids that are OK, is pretty damn stupid!!!!