anon
anon

April 3rd, 2012, 2:41 am #11

mm players are either good enough and dedicated enough or they are not.

Maybe one or two kids on this team and other AAA teams in IL have a world of talent and assume they will show up and dominate. That will fade and they will become the perfect ECHL or AHL player or lower.

Another one or two kids on this team and other AAA teams in IL have talent and rest when they should, eat right, and take it seriously. They do not take it for granted that they will have what it takes otherwise. They will become the perfect ECHL or AHL players or lower.

The VAST majority of these kids will never be paid to play hockey. It is possible one or a few will make it to the highest level. Either way, every kid will grow and find their own way in this highly competitive sport. No parent will have an effect on the final outcome other that helping then establish good habits at a young age. Even that doean't mean much once a kid starts making their own decisions.

So, if you want to come on here and bash the mm team for losing to Long Island in OT or bash the other three AAA mm teams for not getting out of state or whatever, enjoy spewing hate for some ill done to you. Plenty of kids made this team and every other AAA mm team in IL on their own play. And in the end, that is up to your son, his talent, and his dedication throughout the season to do what is best for his game. No AAA team in this state was solely picked on side issues.

Dr. Demento
Dr. Demento

April 3rd, 2012, 6:13 pm #12

I'm the guy 7:02 thinks should have his head examined LOL. Should I use your people? But I'm thinking, they don't seem to be helping you any.

7:41 - relavent post. Keep 'em coming.

Dr. Demento
Dr. Demento

April 3rd, 2012, 6:13 pm #13

mm players are either good enough and dedicated enough or they are not.

Maybe one or two kids on this team and other AAA teams in IL have a world of talent and assume they will show up and dominate. That will fade and they will become the perfect ECHL or AHL player or lower.

Another one or two kids on this team and other AAA teams in IL have talent and rest when they should, eat right, and take it seriously. They do not take it for granted that they will have what it takes otherwise. They will become the perfect ECHL or AHL players or lower.

The VAST majority of these kids will never be paid to play hockey. It is possible one or a few will make it to the highest level. Either way, every kid will grow and find their own way in this highly competitive sport. No parent will have an effect on the final outcome other that helping then establish good habits at a young age. Even that doean't mean much once a kid starts making their own decisions.

So, if you want to come on here and bash the mm team for losing to Long Island in OT or bash the other three AAA mm teams for not getting out of state or whatever, enjoy spewing hate for some ill done to you. Plenty of kids made this team and every other AAA mm team in IL on their own play. And in the end, that is up to your son, his talent, and his dedication throughout the season to do what is best for his game. No AAA team in this state was solely picked on side issues.

I'm the guy 7:02 thinks should have his head examined LOL. Should I use your people? But I'm thinking, they don't seem to be helping you any.

7:41 - relavent post. Keep 'em coming.

April 4th, 2012, 1:43 am #14

7:02:

You still need therapy. If you read my post, my main statement is that it isn't about the parents!!! But your post claims to state that it is so. And at the mm level, it's silly to say picking kids has anything to do with parents being 'crazy'.

7:41

While you do have a good tongue illustrating the obvious, I don't agree with your primary statement. I still stand by my statement that Illinois hockey is still tarred by coaches that don't pick the best kids, hide kids that could rise to the top and hurt USA hockey.

I always find it funny about people like 7:41!!!

1) He states the obvious in that he is right, most of our kids won't see NHL!
2) What he won't state, is that top tier kids in AAA do have a decent chance at NCAA!
3) And NCAA deserves better!
4) And the real fight in Illinois hockey are coaches and parents posturing sub-par players!

At the mission, to let go a kid who is ranked just below their star player is disgusting! How can they do that? Just because you have a roster already planned????

It's an injustice to the team, to the kids' hard work and what do you get? NOTHING?

All I'm saying is, there was a better chance!!!!

April 4th, 2012, 4:39 am #15

What player got cut from the mm team that went on to Juniors? Ranked just below NS? This I have got to know?

Uninvited Guest
Uninvited Guest

April 4th, 2012, 5:52 pm #16

7:02:

You still need therapy. If you read my post, my main statement is that it isn't about the parents!!! But your post claims to state that it is so. And at the mm level, it's silly to say picking kids has anything to do with parents being 'crazy'.

7:41

While you do have a good tongue illustrating the obvious, I don't agree with your primary statement. I still stand by my statement that Illinois hockey is still tarred by coaches that don't pick the best kids, hide kids that could rise to the top and hurt USA hockey.

I always find it funny about people like 7:41!!!

1) He states the obvious in that he is right, most of our kids won't see NHL!
2) What he won't state, is that top tier kids in AAA do have a decent chance at NCAA!
3) And NCAA deserves better!
4) And the real fight in Illinois hockey are coaches and parents posturing sub-par players!

At the mission, to let go a kid who is ranked just below their star player is disgusting! How can they do that? Just because you have a roster already planned????

It's an injustice to the team, to the kids' hard work and what do you get? NOTHING?

All I'm saying is, there was a better chance!!!!
6:43 - you're still a dipsh*t...

If a kid is really good, it doesn't matter if there a few money kids on the team and the team doesn't win nationals. The kid will get noticed and move on. Pretty simple.

If a kid is really good, f*cked up parents will most likely be tolerated. If a kid is OK, maybe. If a kid is marginal, probably not (unless...? $$$). Is this description simple enough for you to understand?

The other person's post is relevant. You, on the other hand... Awww, you're OK too. There's gotta be a dipsh*t in every circle. You can be ours.