Brother Rice New Players

Brother Rice New Players

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 19th, 2012, 12:37 am #1

Heard Brother Rice is getting three new triple A players next year. Any truth to that?

Frozen Four
Frozen Four

March 19th, 2012, 12:48 am #2

Someone on the message board said catholic school do not recruit. Weird...

March 19th, 2012, 12:53 am #3

I think you'll start to see more and more kids join the ranks for high school hockey. The atmosphere is so much more fun than midget hockey. I think kids are starting to realize that. I believe Benet and Fenwick are both getting a couple AAA kids too. These are not recruited kids, they are kids who are already going to those schools (or who were planning on going anyway).

Frozen Four
Frozen Four

March 19th, 2012, 1:03 am #4

Define recruited than....

By High School Hockey standard: A player who is convinced to play high school hockey over higher level of hockey (AAA, Midget).

I would define the statement above as recruited.

Midget is a high level of hockey. Only NTG and 2 or 3 other programs can compete with Midget hockey.

anon
anon

March 19th, 2012, 1:06 am #5

At the midget level, more and more outsiders come into Illinois to get exposure and they push out some of the lower talent that are native.

March 19th, 2012, 1:16 am #6

has 5 players at ahai developement camp

FROZEN FOUR
FROZEN FOUR

March 19th, 2012, 1:21 am #7

Yes, Midget hockey is higher level of hockey. No debate.

Lets move on from this subject.

Yawn
Yawn

March 19th, 2012, 1:36 am #8

has 5 players at ahai developement camp
AHAI camp is a joke. All the HS and AA coaches bitched about no love and AHAI threw them a bone. AHAI just thanks you Providence kids for your money. None of you are going to Fond du Lac. Hang on to the dream.

anon
anon

March 19th, 2012, 2:22 am #9

Define recruited than....

By High School Hockey standard: A player who is convinced to play high school hockey over higher level of hockey (AAA, Midget).

I would define the statement above as recruited.

Midget is a high level of hockey. Only NTG and 2 or 3 other programs can compete with Midget hockey.
I was at the Benet / Rita game. 2,500 + fans watching.

I walked next door and saw a AAA Blackhawk Cup game. Moms and Dads.

If you are a superstar I get it. The rest are paying the freight for the others.

If you are a 14 year old what would you rather do?

Kids Hockey Fan
Kids Hockey Fan

March 19th, 2012, 4:08 am #10

High School is where its at, and AHAI and hockey leadership should do all in their power to encourage it.

Instead, they pull their money focused BS. Time for some new blood in the boardroom.