Bantam Nationals

Bantam Nationals

Tier I Fan
Tier I Fan

April 6th, 2010, 1:41 am #1

of all the divisions, I'm most looking forward to the U14's. I'll be rooting for TI and they are part of the "Big 4" in this group, along with LA Selects, SSM, and Honeybaked. for what the myhockey rankings are worth, this group of four teams really separated themselves from the rest of the pack this year.

This should have set up a potential dream pair of semifinal games. USA Hockey was smart enough to evenly split them into different pools and not schedule a preliminary game between TI & LA. However, they inexplicably scheduled a pool game between Honeybaked and Shattuck. The loser will likely finish 3rd in their pool and match up against TI or LA in a quarterfinal game. This really rewards the team that wins the "TI/LA" pool and, since they don't play each other, expect big blowout, run up the score type games as both teams want to own the tiebreaker.

Sleeper
Sleeper

April 6th, 2010, 4:30 am #2

Westchester express 62-8-4 has beaten HB and could be the Cinderella, a team nobody should want to play.

Tier I Fan
Tier I Fan

April 6th, 2010, 2:17 pm #3

Westchester is also in the side with HB & SSM. The scheduler didn't do HB any favors as they not only have to play SSM in a pool game, but they also catch Westchester in their opener tomorrow.

all the more incentive for TI and LA Selects to win their pool and play the 4th team from the other side on Saturday morning.

April 6th, 2010, 8:48 pm #4

I wouldn't call Westchester a "sleeper" or "cinderella". They have the horses to go pretty deep in this tournament.

Tier I Fan
Tier I Fan

April 7th, 2010, 9:40 pm #5

Westchester & Honeybaked played a 0-0 tie in the opener. HB will need to beat Shattuck on Thursday or they will be stuck with the salty quarterfinal game.

Tier I Fan
Tier I Fan

April 7th, 2010, 11:19 pm #6

USA Hockey site now shows that Westchester beat Honeybaked 1-0. I wonder what it will say in another couple of hours...

the big four
the big four

April 8th, 2010, 11:19 am #7

Not a surprise that the express shutout HB. They a very deep group
on the blueline featuring Sammy Santini ( 6.1 185lbs ) a real force
for any group of forwards to deal with.

Tier I Fan
Tier I Fan

April 9th, 2010, 12:45 am #8

TI is taking care of business but will likely lose the tiebreaker to LA Selects. That means they will face a stiff quarterfinal, probably against Honeybaked. I'm sure nobody with HB could believe that they would be outside the "cut line" after 2 games but there they are. Of course, opening the weekend with Westchester and SSM doesn't seem fair. Westchester will win their side and Honeybaked will finish third if they win tomorrow (setting up the game vs. TI on Sat. morning).

April 9th, 2010, 12:09 pm #9

I hope the person who wrote about the BIG 4 , now undestands that there is no BIG 4 if the Express is not considered one of them.

Tier I Fan
Tier I Fan

April 10th, 2010, 6:29 pm #10

The dream ends for TI this morning. Westchester obviously takes a backseat to nobody in this group. A pair of great semifinals on tap for tonight. I'll take Honeybaked (over Westchester) and LA Selects (over SSM) to set up a repeat of their Pee Wee final two years ago.