Parent 101
Parent 101

April 22nd, 2011, 12:00 am #21

Why do you care so much about everyone else's hockey dream? Did you have ever have dreams? goals? How far were you willing to work in order to reach those dreams? As long as these player's have a shot at playing college hockey (D1 2 or 3) why shouldn't they keep working hard for it? Because you say so....In the end they will still get thier education as that is also a huge part of the goal. There is no loss there! BTW a large number of junior players don't get thier college commitments until their last year anyway. That is, if they didn't already come into juniors with one, or they are playing for Team USA! Back off! Nothing wrong with dreaming, that is what life is all about setting goals and trying to reach them. It would really be something if all the greatest inventors, professors, scienctist, athletes, and so on (you get my point) stopped dreaming! As Steven Tyler says "Dream on Dream on Dream until your dreams come true!

college player
college player

April 22nd, 2011, 5:50 am #22

My comment might be childish, but honestly what is the hurry to grow up and get a real job and an ordinary life? Seriously everyone on this board is just a clone working for a living to pay bills and put food on the table. A few young men decided take a different path thinking something might happen and will not have to be like everyone else. If it doesn't work oh well at least you can say you tried and big deal you start college at 20 years old. How many kids drop or fail out and come back to finish. According to the Princeton Review "The average american student graduates at 23.6 years old." This board sounds like a bunch of haters that did not pursue their dreams and settled for something else that their probably not happy with.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 7th, 2011, 5:08 pm #23

So for most in the NAHL the season has ended, where are all these '90s headed? Colleges. Please update.

Perkins Bethel

Update
Update

May 9th, 2011, 1:07 pm #24

L Educate is going to Nichol College in Boston.

Small D3 school...Great School with a awesome hockey program. Great allumni support.
Good fit for him!!

Lofquist
Lofquist

July 26th, 2011, 4:59 pm #25

you sound like a disgruntled player/parent with some built up animosity for something that you have no influence or control over. I am sure each and everyone of these kids is happy they played juniors and went through the experience that comes with it. There is no sense is bashing them for making a personal choice to play until aging out, instead of jumping into their education right away. At what other age could you have the unique opportunity to live the junior lifestyle? I am more than sure if you sit down with most of these guys they will give it to you straight, most of them know they are not going D1 and are not going to the NHL.Its been a roller coaster ride for a lot of them and having the opportunity to continue playing at the D3 level is good to see and it is definitely respectable that they have stayed persistent. Especially at 20-21 years when there are plenty of other satisfying extra-curricular options available.
I went through the National Development Camp, and then to Jr's at Guelph in Canada. I just did the Minnesota Wild prospect camp and play in the AHL. Things can happen if you aim for your goal. So you can't go wrong there. Junior hockey is where you develop the best. Especially with so much talent competing for the next level.

Former NAHL Coach
Former NAHL Coach

July 27th, 2011, 3:23 am #26

So for most in the NAHL the season has ended, where are all these '90s headed? Colleges. Please update.

Perkins Bethel
Perkins is TERRIBLE, always has been, and he is becoming as bad a person as his dad. He won't last at Bethel on or off the ice even though they are a bad D-3 Team. I am sure his LOSER, I mean dad, posted the update.

MIAC WATCHER
MIAC WATCHER

February 28th, 2012, 9:08 pm #27

Look at the MIAC Stats. Instead of having an opinion on what you think is true find out facts. I Didnt know the Perkins Kid but it seems as he had a pretty good season as a freshmen. John Heag and Chris Cass had good seasons as well. It seems all of these players have the skill to play in the MIAC.

Herbert L. Smitts
Herbert L. Smitts

February 29th, 2012, 10:09 pm #28

THANKS Jim Perkins Sr. PLEASE GO AWAY!

March 20th, 2012, 11:19 pm #29

I went through the National Development Camp, and then to Jr's at Guelph in Canada. I just did the Minnesota Wild prospect camp and play in the AHL. Things can happen if you aim for your goal. So you can't go wrong there. Junior hockey is where you develop the best. Especially with so much talent competing for the next level.
Time to list all the '91s who continue to play in NAHL and where they have committed? List is pretty short.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 20th, 2012, 11:26 pm #30

And he actually left NAHL for USHL.

Michael

Fallon

University of Massachusetts-Lowell (Hockey East, D1)