Anonymous
Anonymous

April 19th, 2011, 4:18 pm #11

Do your homework? Look at junior situation, most of these players have played for more than one team, have been dismissed from USHL rosters or drafted and released from that league. There really is no "Choice" in the NAHL situation. Theses players did not "pick" their junior team but went from tryout to tryout to get on a team. Looking at the list many have played for multiple teams, some were part of the pay-to-play scheme of Perkins. Most NAHLers have no "choice" in who they play for, even in the USHL top players are drafted and really have no choice in the teams they play for, so to say do your homework is not realistic.

hockey dad
hockey dad

April 20th, 2011, 5:40 am #12

you sound like a disgruntled player/parent with some built up animosity for something that you have no influence or control over. I am sure each and everyone of these kids is happy they played juniors and went through the experience that comes with it. There is no sense is bashing them for making a personal choice to play until aging out, instead of jumping into their education right away. At what other age could you have the unique opportunity to live the junior lifestyle? I am more than sure if you sit down with most of these guys they will give it to you straight, most of them know they are not going D1 and are not going to the NHL.Its been a roller coaster ride for a lot of them and having the opportunity to continue playing at the D3 level is good to see and it is definitely respectable that they have stayed persistent. Especially at 20-21 years when there are plenty of other satisfying extra-curricular options available.

Hockey Mom
Hockey Mom

April 21st, 2011, 10:57 am #13

We have a tendered NAHL-er who is trying to make the jump to USHL. It's been a roller coaster and still is. He was never a spotlight player on the early radar of any scout or organization. But he's worked hard, developed steadily and never quit or listened to negative people. He may never make the U or get a scholarship anywhere, but he loves the game and will keep playing somewhere, forever. We've never counted on him "making it" just so we don't have to pay for school. We support his hockey career because he's grown and matured thorugh the experience and we all love the sport. It's his passion. He can go to school as a 20-year old, and will be prepared for all the pressure and challenges that other kids are just learning how to handle. He still has dream of Jr. A Tier 1 and I would never take that away from him.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 21st, 2011, 11:17 am #14

ditto - this is the only time in their life they can play Jrs if they have the talent and desire to play - let them keep playing. It does not have to or need to end in a d1 scholarship

They can go to college when they are ready

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 21st, 2011, 11:43 am #15

Agree. My sons college is paid for. I don't care if he gets a scholarship or not. I think that it's nuts to run out a go to college right out of high school when you can still chase the dream. It's the only time in his life the he has the oppurtunity to do this. Why waste it. When he's 20 and aged out then he can go to school. The way I look at it by then he will have figured out how to really score with those hot freshmen. I think I'm doing my son and those women a favor. Game on.

right on
right on

April 21st, 2011, 12:33 pm #16

To listen to some of this bull$hit some parents write is sickening.
Like if the kid age's out of the NA and has to go to school as a
student and not a player they have did something wrong? For the most
part there are ZERO jobs in the market, so whats the hurry ?
I know of one kid who went the OHL route and didnt advance from there.
3 years in the OHL and they recieved about $36,000 total for school.
Along the way he had a great time playing in front of great crowds
in Londan and other hockey hotbeds ( Pro Style).THE young man ended up
at ASU, then the fun started. The above poster was correct, he is doing just
fine telling those hot AZ freshmen girls about his NHL days ( LOL )
they dont any better. He's tagging a new hottie very week. God has
blessed some of those aged out players because they are thee PLAYERS
at school now!!

Anon
Anon

April 21st, 2011, 2:46 pm #17

Agree. My sons college is paid for. I don't care if he gets a scholarship or not. I think that it's nuts to run out a go to college right out of high school when you can still chase the dream. It's the only time in his life the he has the oppurtunity to do this. Why waste it. When he's 20 and aged out then he can go to school. The way I look at it by then he will have figured out how to really score with those hot freshmen. I think I'm doing my son and those women a favor. Game on.
Finally, someone has it all figured out!

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 21st, 2011, 2:53 pm #18

at school now!!
Wow, interesting perspectives. As for the job market, the kids with grades and experience are getting jobs. But if your goal for your stud in college is "scoring" guess best to sit out and go after what is your dream. Deluted. Enjoy "stud's" success; hope for no STDs rather than high GPAs?

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 21st, 2011, 4:44 pm #19

at school now!!
learn how to spell before you spew all that chatter..must be that ASU edgumication

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 21st, 2011, 6:52 pm #20

So what is the "dream" when you are playing in the NAHL after being cut, released, and gone from team to team and now aging out. What is the Dream of the NAHL